Ernests' news thread! - Page 146 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #2176
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
There is a small article about Ernests in the magazine “Kas jauns”. It is yellow press, but seems that Milena indeed spoke with them. Nothing very important, but…

She said that it was very hard year for Ernests and for the moment he was seriously considering retirement - he was tired of tennis player’s lifestyle . Then he spoke with his friends (both from tennis community and outside), calmed down and decided to continue. His family was great support.

She also said that her career as an actress is over. She considers starting small business, maybe something connected with tennis and she even asked Ernests if he would like to help her after his retirement. In answer he said: “Nu gaidi, mammu” (you can wait, mom)
Source: Egulbis.tumblr.com
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #2177
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade08 View Post

Source: Egulbis.tumblr.com
Many thanks to post here!! it is nice to have news and I am glad they are good new at the end...I guess he was so frustrated about no results during this season but I am sure he will be better if he really wants to (which it is his case!!) and no injuries!!
I hope it will be a good week in Helsinki!

Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #2178
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting this. I didn't know his confidence crisis had been that serious but I'm happy to read Milena's words about Ernests. She says Ernests appreciates the God-given talent for tennis that he has, and he has decided that tennis is what he needs to be doing right now.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #2179

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Thank you for posting this. I didn't know his confidence crisis had been that serious but I'm happy to read Milena's words about Ernests. She says Ernests appreciates the God-given talent for tennis that he has, and he has decided that tennis is what he needs to be doing right now.
Awe! So sweet!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #2180
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...2-6-To-10.aspx

Upsets Of The Year - Nos. 6-10

8. Ernests Gulbis d. Tomas Berdych, 7-6(5), 7-6(4), 7-6(4), Wimbledon First Round
Ernests Gulbis had lost in the first round in eight of his past nine Grand Slam championships ahead of his Centre Court match against 2010 runner-up and sixth seed Tomas Berdych. "I saw the draw and I was really happy. I wanted to play [a] first round against a tough opponent,” said Gulbis. But when the free-swinging Latvian is on-form, he is an irrestible force. Coached by Gunter Bresnik, who had worked some technical changes to Gulbis’ groundstroke, the mercurial talent caught Berdych cold in a stunning victory over two hours and 34 minutes. World No. 87 Gulbis barely blinked, hitting 62 winners including 30 aces, winning 84 per cent of his first serve and committing 33 unforced errors in a straight-sets win. Asked how he had closed out the match, Gulbis said, straight-faced, “I’m well known for my mental strength, ask around. In practice I beat everybody." It was Berdych's first opening round loss at Wimbledon since his debut in 2004 (l. to Benneteau).
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #2181

#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #2182
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

Top 5 Comebacks Of The Year

ATPWorldTour.com reviews the Top 5 comebacks of the year.

5. Ernests Gulbis d. Andreas Haider-Maurer, 2-6, 7-5, 6-1 – Saved 1 M.P., bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel First Round
Throughtout his career, Ernests Gulbis has often struggled to win matches after losing the first set (24-91 lifetime). On 11 occasions in 35 matches this season, he had done so. But on five occasions, including once in the unique environment of Kitzbühel – perched 762 metres above sea level – the talented Latvian held his nerve for comeback wins. Against Innsbruck resident Andreas Haider-Maurer, a ninth first-round exit of the season was on the cards when seventh seed Gulbis trailed the crowd favourite by one set and 2-5.

But Gulbis battled hard for a remarkable reversal of fortunes. After breaking back to 4-5 in the second set, the World No. 67 faced one match point. With calculated precision, Gulbis struck an ace. Rewarded for his persistence, he edged the second set and saved three break points in the decider, when he won 14 of his 20 service points. Gulbis won 10 of the last 11 games to prevail in two hours and three minutes. It was one of the year’s most dramatic comebacks. Two days later, Gulbis lost to Rogerio Dutra Silva in the second round.
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #2183

Oooh! Very nice!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #2184
country flag ciiruls12

ciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond reputeciiruls12 has a reputation beyond repute

1st tournament of next year - Heilbronn challenger.. No AO..

www.Sportacentrs.com
ciiruls12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #2185

I know he was thinking about skipping AO and I think that is a smart plan! I'm so excited for next season!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #2186
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

so whats going on with him?

i miss him
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #2187
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year Everyone!!! i am super positive 2013 will be Great, for Ernests as well!! Let's start thé countdown util 3'weeks of January when he starts his season!!
Bye bye
Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #2188
country flag Ginevra83

Any news??!!Pleaseee!!! I miss him...can't wait to see him play again!!
Bye bye
Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 AM   #2189
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra83 View Post
Any news??!!Pleaseee!!! I miss him...can't wait to see him play again!!
Bye bye
I hoped I will see something new
Same with me... I miss him too
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #2190
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Ernests being his secretive self again Hope this silence means his preparing hard for this season and that we'll see him in his best shape. And soon!
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote