Ernests' news thread! - Page 128 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #1906
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Four to watch in 2011
Fri Jan 14 04:55AM
Patrick Mouratoglou

A career is often defined by few things: a sudden awareness, a sense of unfinished business, or meeting the right coach who can lead him towards becoming more committed.

It's never easy to understand what's going through player's minds. Yet, there are some players who have recently shown signs that they could, in 2011, kick on from previous seasons on the tour.

Stanislas Wawrinka

The 25-year-old old Swiss is at a crossroads in his career. He knows that he can still improve and wants to put everything into achieving that. For several months now he has been working with Peter Lundgren, the former coach of Roger Federer and Marat Safin. He did well at the US Open, beating Andy Murray, so he's in the ascendency. He chose to be more offensive on the court and worked a lot on both his serve percentage and being efficient on the shot coming right after it. He's also coming far more into the net than before. Stan is a very precise player, focused and determined. We should see him improving again this year.

Ernests Gulbis

The Latvian remains a mystery. Amazingly gifted, with a huge striking power, he seems be have been a victim of his own talent. Temperamental and sometimes out of control, he has never before given himself a chance to succeed in a sport where hard work, rigour and commitment bring more results than pure talent. Gulbis's talent nearly remained unexploited but his meeting with Hernan Gumy, the former coach of Marat Safin, changed that. The coach is used to strong and unsettled tempers, and he seems to have helped the Latvian get his game in order. Gulbis now uses a better shot selection and accepts that he has to work for every points and so has lowered the number of unforced errors. He improved tremendously last year and should keep riding along the right path in 2011.

Viktor Troiki

The Serbian is coming off the back of an outstanding year. Here is a very efficient player who, until that Davis Cup victory, seemed to be lacking a killer instinct. He totally dominated Novak Djokovic at the US Open before ending up losing and he got match points over Rafael Nadal in China but was unable to win one. If his results were displaying his abilities, they were also pointing to the issues he has when it comes to finishing off big matches. Having improved all year long, Viktor was amazing during that decisive Davis Cup game against Michael Llodra, taking home the last point for the Serbian team. Without a doubt, that experience will have positive consequences for his game and his confidence. We should see him with new ambition in 2011 and with more ammunition to realise his dreams.

Juergen Melzer

The 29-year-old Austrian lefty enjoyed the best season of his career in 2010 and he is now ranked 11 in the ATP tour. Not so long ago he was far too easily riled on the court, was capable of swinging from excellent to awful and there was no consistency to his results. Playing without a real game plan because he was able to do many things with the ball, he was often losing his way during matches. But, since he started to work with the Swedish former player Joakim Nystrom, he has found regularity, calmness and efficiency. Until now he rarely won against the top players, except against Novak Djokovic at the French Open, but for about a year now his results are far more consistent.
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #1907
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/g...114-19rfy.html
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #1908
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Money Leaders
TENNIS Through Jan. 16 ATP World Tour Money

1, Roger Federer, $177,000. 2, Nikolay Davydenko, $93,250. 3, Gilles Simon, $83,370. 4, Rafael Nadal, $78,850. 5, David Ferrer, $73,650. 6, Robin Soderling, $73,000. 7, Viktor Troicki, $71,975. 8, Stanislas Wawrinka, $69,900. 9, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, $55,120. 10, Ernests Gulbis, $53,425.

We can add another 20,000$ for his first round, so 73,425$ in 3 weeks is not bad. It might help him continue his working out.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #1909
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
Money Leaders
TENNIS Through Jan. 16 ATP World Tour Money

1, Roger Federer, $177,000. 2, Nikolay Davydenko, $93,250. 3, Gilles Simon, $83,370. 4, Rafael Nadal, $78,850. 5, David Ferrer, $73,650. 6, Robin Soderling, $73,000. 7, Viktor Troicki, $71,975. 8, Stanislas Wawrinka, $69,900. 9, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, $55,120. 10, Ernests Gulbis, $53,425.

We can add another 20,000$ for his first round, so 73,425$ in 3 weeks is not bad. It might help him continue his working out.
It'll help him to pay Hernan and Novotny for their sound work and for those neverending flights he has to make.

EDIT- Team Gulbis may get a slightly bigger pay check from Ernests. Sadly,the more money he accumulates through his success the more that bad,bad taxman will take from him

Thinking of the people of Moscow at this terrible time after yet another terrorism incident

Last edited by but-it's-ok : 01-25-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #1910
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

^
^
Love your avie ;-) Do you have bigger version?

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #1911
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
^
^
Love your avie ;-) Do you have bigger version?
My avie? I have it as a gif somewhere,I'll try and post some gifs I have in either the avatars or photos/videos thread here
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #1912
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by but-it's-ok View Post
Sadly,the more money he accumulates through his success the more that bad,bad taxman will take from him
In Latvia there is no progressive tax, so everyone pays the same % regardless of how much they get.
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #1913
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
In Latvia there is no progressive tax, so everyone pays the same % regardless of how much they get.
Phew I didn't know about that,thanks. Actually I am glad I raised that,I just assumed he'd get taxed progressively just as UK taxpayers do,we are one of the highest taxed countries in the World,good job he's not English Here you're taxed on everything you buy(Value Added Tax has just gone up from 17.5% to 20%, then what you earn,and the taxes are adjusted each year because each year people get a different tax code Then overpayment of taxes,or underpayments,fights with taxman,ugh . Just for info,no more
Old 01-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #1914
country flag Ilze

Ilze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond reputeIlze has a reputation beyond repute

off topic- just for information about taxes in Latvia- VAT= 22% and income tax= 25%
Ilze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #1915
country flag but-it's-ok

We can earn around Ł6.000 before tax,we also have to pay tax to Councils for every public service we use.Wow 22% VAT Anyway this info is interesting to know. Thanks for all the info,its good to compare.

It's shameful,wages are frozen or reduced,doing more work for less money,with the cost of living just going up and up.

Anyway it's and probably for a rant thread or something

I'll leave it right there

Last edited by but-it's-ok : 01-25-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #1916
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there, sorry for the off top., just wanted to add my 5 cents. In Poland we just raised VAT to 23% (anti-crisis measures), and the income tax is quite ok for those who earn less, only after passing a certain threshold it's getting nasty
NOW to anyone who's starting to rant about taxes, please check those 'crazy' scandinavian countries first. In Sweden p.ex. tax rate is ~58%!(http://www.taxrates.cc/html/sweden-tax-rates.html). But at least they know what they're paying for, with their social system being so pple friendly.
Again, sorry for the Off-T.
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #1917
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

http://parsportu.lv/articles/0/48910/

in brief: Ernests isn't going to play Davis cup this year, according to a parsportu.lv source, that's someone of inner сircle of Ernests

First, because he wants to focus on his individual career and second because of issues between his father and the head of Latvian Tennis Union.
For certain Ernests won't take part in the tie against Greece in March and it's unlikely that he will help the team later this year.
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #1918
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's not surprising that he won't take part in March. Usually the only time Ernests takes part in Davis Cup is September. So, what this means is he will most likely not take part on Davis Cup at ALL anymore?
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney

Last edited by TravelingFanGirl : 02-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #1919
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

Hm well thats a bummer for the rest of the guys ;(

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #1920
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that it was Ernests'sister,Elina Gulbe, who organized the "Lights on" expo in Doha.
It is an overall cover of it with some players pictures; Ernests portrait could be seen from a different angle in the shot with Davidenko signing. Impressive from that point of view. He sure got his intensity.

http://ritumsivanovs.com/blog/exxonmobil-open
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote