Ernests' news thread! - Page 127 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #1891
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
Ernests has arrived today in Doha, according to their website.
So his flight from Florida was ok.
Good to see him already on the spot.
Wich him a good ride in his first tourney.
Yeah. Michael said Ernests would be heading to Doha at this time! Glad to hear his flight was fine! I can't wait to see him!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #1892
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

After Rotterdam Ernests will play Marseilles

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3#post10639873

I guess with this, he won't defend his title in Delray Beach
banhhe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #1893

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Since we've been talking about the racket change a little bit in the other thread. Looks like Ernests is just testing before he makes a deal with Wilson. I have a feeling a deal will happen from the way he is playing

Quote:
Tweet from Wilson Tennis

Ernest is currently play testing so we hope he becomes part of the Wilson family…stay tuned!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1894
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banhhe View Post
After Rotterdam Ernests will play Marseilles

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3#post10639873

I guess with this, he won't defend his title in Delray Beach
No, because the same week, he will play in Dubai 500, instead of Delray 250. More points to gain.
And last year, there were not many people at the final, quite depressing winning your first ATP with a slim audience.
Dubai will be more exciting.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
No, because the same week, he will play in Dubai 500, instead of Delray 250. More points to gain.
And last year, there were not many people at the final, quite depressing winning your first ATP with a slim audience.
Dubai will be more exciting.
I'm sure it's always exciting to win an ATP title no matter how small
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1896
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

..kind of that he'd go back and try and defend delray, it being his first title and all.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #1897
country flag Sheila

Sheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is into the third round of Doha where he will face a Latvia's Ernests Gulbis.

Rafael Nadal is still alive in the ATP Doha draw although there was reason for concern in the second round against Lukas Lacko. Lacko managed to take a set off of the world number 1, an achievement the Slovak is undoubtedly happy about, despite losing in the end.

Nadal will need to be sharper in the next round however as Ernests Gulbis is playing well and the young Latvian player has spent the last year surging through the rankings. Currently at a career high ranking of 24th, Gulbis promises to ascend even higher in 2011 and time is definitely on his side. Of the players that are currently ranked higher than Gulbis, only Marin Cilic is younger and that does bode well for Gulbis' future as a likely top 10 player.

Against Nadal in the past, Gulbis has not had any success in terms of match-wins as he is 0-3 against the current number 1.

Gulbis is a noteworthy claycourter and he made the quarterfinals of Roland Garros a few years back. Additionally, the 22 year old was one of only two players to take a set off of Nadal during last year's clay court season as well.

Gulbis's hard court results improved in 2010 as he took down a maiden title at Delray Beach in the USA defeating Ivo Karlovic, who is playing well at Doha, in the final.

However Gulbis is not likely to beat Nadal unless the world number 1 has a hand in the loss himself. The match is Nadal's for the taking and Gulbis's best chance to win is to catch Rafa in an off-day or perhaps with his mind already in Melbourne.

Source : http://www.crunchsports.com/category...-201101050072/
Sheila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #1898
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

If Davydenko loses to Nadal today, Ernests will be at new career high 23.
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #1899
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
If Davydenko loses to Nadal today, Ernests will be at new career high 23.

Davy won, so he won't be 23; but eventhough some tournaments were held this week, it didn't affect his 24th ranking for AO.
It will be his highest for a slam as he will be in the 16-24 bracket instead of being 25-32.
Better chance in the first rounds...
unless he hits a WC named Del Potro !!!

I wish him the best for AO because previously, he was very unlucky with his draw.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #1900
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...r-Landing.aspx

Ernests will play Dubai innstead of delray beach...a 500 tournament after all
Strong line up!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #1901
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

I know he's too lazy to go to America at that time
just joking I think it's a good move, he doesn't need to attend small tournaments to gain points anymore, now he attends big tourneys to fight big guys!
banhhe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #1902
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Here´s what you can read in Foxsports.com.au

Gulbis won just three points in the second set against Simon but was cleared by ATP supervisor Thomas Karlberg for tanking, the official accepting his reasoning that he had simply run out of gas.

"Okay, I made three points. Bad luck. Next time I will make four,'' Gulbis said.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #1903
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Here´s what you can read in Foxsports.com.au

Gulbis won just three points in the second set against Simon but was cleared by ATP supervisor Thomas Karlberg for tanking, the official accepting his reasoning that he had simply run out of gas.

"Okay, I made three points. Bad luck. Next time I will make four,'' Gulbis said.
Karlberg really should have taken action so that Ernests doesn't do this kind of thing again. He should have been reminded of the best effort rule.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #1904
country flag eze

Quote:
Originally Posted by but-it's-ok View Post
Karlberg really should have taken action so that Ernests doesn't do this kind of thing again. He should have been reminded of the best effort rule.
I agree, when you act like a child, you should be punished like a child.
I have put Ernests in an imaginary corner and I haven´t decided yet when he is allowed to come out
Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #1905
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, when you act like a child, you should be punished like a child.
I have put Ernests in an imaginary corner and I haven´t decided yet when he is allowed to come out
I also put him in the corner that is all.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote