Ernests' news thread! - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1561
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underyourbridge View Post
Yes that's her
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #1562
country flag underyourbridge

underyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Yes that's her
Thanks, Ellen. I wasn't entirely sure. Some people there were eager to know who is she
underyourbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #1563
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by underyourbridge View Post
Thanks, Ellen. I wasn't entirely sure. Some people there were eager to know who is she
I can see that Quite some people stopped by and watched her practice on Saturday, eventhough noone probably knew who she was.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 05-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #1564
country flag RawrArgh

RawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how good she is cause a lot of Ernie's talent is natural. maybe he can be even more like Marat and have a kick ass little sister :P
RawrArgh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #1565
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrArgh View Post
I wonder how good she is cause a lot of Ernie's talent is natural. maybe he can be even more like Marat and have a kick ass little sister :P
Hernan made her practice her timing. She had to keep the ball in play and then try to finish it off, but kept making errors. He even drew things on the clay, and showed her how to keep moving during points. It was pretty interesting to watch actually. Then she got 2 shoe boxes of Dinara It was cute, Laura hugged her and all.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #1566
country flag RawrArgh

RawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hernan made her practice her timing. She had to keep the ball in play and then try to finish it off, but kept making errors. He even drew things on the clay, and showed her how to keep moving during points. It was pretty interesting to watch actually. Then she got 2 shoe boxes of Dinara It was cute, Laura hugged her and all.
Aww, their training session sounds adorable.

Is she a little like Ernie in her playing style then?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #1567
country flag ellen_

Quote:

As I said, she made quite some errors She doesn't hit as hard, but when she timed the shot right she made some nice forehand shots. Also, her volley is no good. So you could indeed tell they are brother and sister

Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #1568
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The news of Ernests' torn hamstring isn't surprising. I obviously hoped it wouldn't be torn but my friend looked up hamstring injuries and suspected he would be out for at least 3 weeks if that were the case. It's unfortunate that it had to happen let alone when Ernests was playing so well but I'm just thankful he didn't receive an even bigger injury. I'm optimistic that he will make it to Wimbledon but I'm not sure how well he will come out of the gate. We will see. I don't think we are being punished like one of the comments above stated, life happens. Name a tennis player who hasn't had an injury? And about Hernan staying in RG. He really doesn't need to go to Spain with Ernests. Ernests has his father with him and possibly his trainer with him to help the healing process. I'm sure Hernan will go to Spain, or where ever Ernests is in a few weeks.

I love the comment on how hot Laura is. She is pretty! Its nice Hernan is working with her and involving her game! Hope we see her on tour some day!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #1569
country flag RawrArgh

Quote:
As I said, she made quite some errors She doesn't hit as hard, but when she timed the shot right she made some nice forehand shots. Also, her volley is no good. So you could indeed tell they are brother and sister
Ha ha. Will be good to see her on tour then if she makes it.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #1570
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

This is really sad news, but it´s better than no news at all
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #1571
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
This is really sad news, but it´s better than no news at all
I'd rather have no news than this news though

Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #1572
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah a bit, I think at the beginning she wanted to finish off the points too quickly, so Gumy told her to just keep the ball in the court. "the goal is not to finish the point" haha
Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #1573
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

How old is Laura now?
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #1574
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

15 I think.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #1575
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

Im defintely bummed, but gotta be optimistic. Im sure he'll be ok for Wimbledon And I cant wait to see Laura on the wta circuit one day.

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote