Ernests' news thread! - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #1531
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

another interview everyone Thanks Ernie for the good laugh

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7133475.ece

Quote:
“Yes, let’s talk about women,” he says, warming to his subject. “I like every woman, there is not a badlooking one for me. It doesn’t matter what is their profession.” So what does Gulbis like about them especially? “The same as you. Whatever you are thinking you can write it down,” he says. “I have the same thoughts.”
banhhe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #1532
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess Ernie "boobs!" Oh Ernests! You are such a romantic!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #1533
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Neil Harman writes well about tennis and to put Gulbis article on his page today is not without a tought.

"Indeed, if men’s tennis lacks for anything, it is the maverick, a brilliant player who does not give much of a damn what he says or does."

He underlignes his quickfire intelligence and maverick tendencies.

Very nice article on the eve of RG.

Love Ernests conclusion:

“I don’t care if people are for me or against me. If they like tennis, they are going to like my game and they will have fun watching it.”

We sure do Ernests
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #1534
country flag krfreak

krfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond reputekrfreak has a reputation beyond repute

“Yes, let’s talk about women,” he says, warming to his subject. “I like every woman, there is not a badlooking one for me. It doesn’t matter what is their profession.” So what does Gulbis like about them especially? “The same as you. Whatever you are thinking you can write it down,” he says. “I have the same thoughts.”

I love this interview. They should post up these kinds of interviews on video,that would be interesting! I also hope soon we'll get an interview in which he talks about his fans,that would be cool.

krfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #1535
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krfreak View Post
I love this interview. They should post up these kinds of interviews on video,that would be interesting! I also hope soon we'll get an interview in which he talks about his fans,that would be cool.
right, I'd love to see the interviewer's reaction when hearing the answers from Ernests, that would be priceless
And of course seeing Ernests too
Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #1536

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he doesn't talk about his fans. I had a awkward moment with him and I don't want him to talk about it!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #1537
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jade you can't leave it hanging there like that? What happened, we won't repeat it honest!
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #1538

Oh, sorry I forgot about the new people that were in here. Most of the veterans already know. Long story short I went to Cincy last year (my first tennis tournament) and I got to take my picture with Ernests. I went to put my arm around him and was blocked with his tennis bag. Thinking that a tennis bag wasn't that heavy I began shoving it trying to get it to move and boy was I wrong! You can read my whole story at the fan encounters section on http://ernestsgulbis.wordpress.com/

There was also a moment when he took his shirt off during the match and I almost missed it and I started bouncing in my seat like "Oh OH oh!" and he was watching me the whole time. That was a bit awkward.
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 05-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #1539
country flag banhhe

it's been a day and no more reliable info about his injury?
I'm praying for him to be okay ..
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #1540
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banhhe View Post
it's been a day and no more reliable info about his injury?
Don't be surprised, it's like this all the time:no matter how serious the fact is, we will always know things last and by non-official sources
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #1541
country flag Sheila

Sheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping to find an injury update on here tonight - oh well - no news is good news (hopefully)
Sheila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #1542
country flag RawrArgh

RawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond reputeRawrArgh has a reputation beyond repute

Atleast Ernie isn't in as bad a situation as Del Potro who now has a cast on...
RawrArgh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #1543
country flag banhhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
PS. Banhhe - your avi is adorable!
Thanks he looked like a real pilot with that serious "Yes sir, I'm on my way" face

PS: I like your sig

Last edited by banhhe : 05-25-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #1544

Omg I have such a funny scene in my head of Him, Dima, Marat and Hernan playing pilot!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #1545
country flag underyourbridge

underyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news from sportacentrs.com (http://sportacentrs.com/teniss/frenc...ona_apdraudets)

Ernests said that the hamstring was torn... He won't play for at least three weeks, so he is out of Queens for sure and uncertain about Wimbledon. Now he is going to Spain for treatment. He was asked about his latest interviews (many here criticize him for being too light-minded) and his comment was that he often speaks with humour and one shouldn't take it too serious. He also said that he is satisfied with season so far and it's too soon to speak about Davis cup tie in September.

underyourbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote