The video thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #61
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
If anyone has anything from the match against Federer, you're more than welcome
The whole match also is available as torrent on t3nnis.tv now.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #62
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the highlights, Fran, I don't know what we would be without you, honestly. You're like the Gillou's Forum Goddess
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #63
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

The highlights against Cilic - showing the whole of Gilles' winners during the match:
http://www.vimeo.com/1441609
That scream at the end of his matches is so hot...

Do you want me to upload the highlights on a website like Megaupload, btw?

Last edited by Truc : 07-31-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #64
country flag Truc

And the interview, he sounds so exhausted that it seems difficult for him to speak English:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTriKTmYvk
"I played a great match..."
He says "pression" like Nadal.

(He also always says "my game was in place", is that correct in English? I'm asking because I never know how to translate that expression, he says that all the time in French too.)
Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #65
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
(He also always says "my game was in place", is that correct in English? I'm asking because I never know how to translate that expression, he says that all the time in French too.)
That's close enough. Most players would say "I played my game" or even "My game was on tonight."

LOL Fran. Your english is better then mine and I'm a native speaker. Mind you I speak Canadian which is part American/part British.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #66
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Fran, I'd love to have the highlights on Megaupload please

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #67
country flag Truc

The highlights against Cilic:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C427JF8I
Chucho:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JANYNQQS
Federer:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV7X36EC
Young:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LDROB1BP

Do you want the files of the interviews too?
Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #68
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Yes, if you have time I'd love the interviews too - thanks very much

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #69
country flag Truc

Sure, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego View Post
LOL Fran. Your english is better then mine and I'm a native speaker. Mind you I speak Canadian which is part American/part British.
Oh thanks, but not at all! It's probably deceiving, I practice my English only on MTF, which means I can only *write* in English and I understand written English, but my listening comprehension is awful. I don't understand anything when I watch a movie or news on TV, for example.
My English is comparable with Gilles' when I have to speak. Or worse. Just ask Carlita, I met her in Hamburg and I was hardly able to carry on a conversation. ^^

Whe he says "in the 2nd set my game was in place", he means something like "settled", "organized", btw. Maybe: "I finally got my game together"? "Se mettre les idées en place" is "to get it together, to organize one's thoughts" - and he often says that about his game.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #70
country flag Truc

The interview after the Federer match:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V64KZEY0
After the Cilic match:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5CL0FT57
Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #71

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when he says something like "If kiefer plays very good, it'll be easier for me, because I'll have to play my best tennis"

This is a very interesting comment, according to me.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #72
country flag Truc

He explains it more in detail in the French version:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=A54JWAjb5RE
And here is the French interview after the Federer match while I'm at it!
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=BrfPQET0wvw
Old 07-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #73

you have to watch this !!! Gillou REALLY says what he thinks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQjx17IiJGs&feature=related

Au fait, merci pour les itw en français.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #74
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
you have to watch this !!! Gillou REALLY says what he thinks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQjx17IiJGs&feature=related
Vintage Gilles and with his big hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Whe he says "in the 2nd set my game was in place", he means something like "settled", "organized", btw. Maybe: "I finally got my game together"? "Se mettre les idées en place" is "to get it together, to organize one's thoughts" - and he often says that about his game.
Yes, I've heard players say that.

Quote:
I practice my English only on MTF, which means I can only *write* in English and I understand written English, but my listening comprehension is awful.
Sounds like me with my French except I can only understand a little written French there's no way I can write French.

Thanks again for all your translations here. We all appreciate it.

Last edited by Brego : 07-26-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #75
country flag jitterbug

The sentence 'My game is in place' makes sense

Quote: