News & articles - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #106
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & articles

I just read in the last issue of Grand Chelem that Jo's official website will be launched on Monday:

« Jo aura son site web officiel ! »
C’est le 15 Décembre que le numéro 1 français ouvrira les « portes » de son site web officiel. « Vu le nombre de demandes d’interviews, et le besoin pour l’ensemble des médias et des fans, il était logique de lancer un site officiel performant où nous ferons régulièrement des mises à jour avec quelques exclusivités. Tous les médias ne peuvent pas suivre Jo sur toutes les étapes du circuit. Dorénavant le site officiel sera un point de passage pour suivre de près ses performances » explique Morgan Menahem, son agent qui a déjà utilisé cette « formule » pour
une autre star dont il s’occupe, Tony Parker. Reste à connaître l’adresse, elle est toute simple : www.jowiltsonga.fr
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #107
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There also is an interview of him, you can download the whole magazine here:
http://v2.welovetennis.fr/medias/mag...ag10.BSDEF.pdf
Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #108
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Good news !

Thanks Truc
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #109
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

yeah finally jo has his official website.

I go sometimes on his non official website but that's true that its not always updated...
Good news

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #110
country flag lilibel13

lilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond repute

Bof est ce quelqu'un sait si tennistory cad cecile collabore au projet du site off? parce que faut dire que qd meme son site a la base est la reference sur jo...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #111
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! trop fort! jo était dans le SAV d'omar et fred! il aime vraiment le grand journal!
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #112
country flag Truc

The website isn't completely ready yet!

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2008...-Toulouse.html
about the Tsongamania yesterday in Toulouse, he clearly got the loudest applause, of course. And he remembers how much he enjoyed this kind of clinics as a kid - against Nathalie Tauziat ^^ and especially Sampras.

And an interview on the FFT website: http://www.fft.fr/action/masters-france/?ID=4462
I like the last answer. The journalist says he doesn't seem to feel the pressure and to be afraid of it. So Jo answers that it's not just an impression, he doesn't feel any pressure indeed. Not having enough money at the end of the month to pay one's rent, that's pressure for him, but not what he does.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #113
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Jo gave an interview yesterday to the french medias at roland garros.Here's an article from l'Equipe.

Quote:
"I believe in me"

With Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is "no limit". His gentle voice that contrasts with his gaze fixed, he said simply: "I believe in myself and my abilities." In the mouth of a French, the sentence might resonate as a cocky. In the vocabulary of an American, this is the obvious. And Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, it's just a reality. The Manceau is neither a provocation nor a player of an oversized ego. he is fair with himself, sincere and honest: "I've always been surprising as a tennis player. I have always been capable of the best and worst. Gradually, I delete the worst and I begin to give only the good. "

Skeptics saw its large blocks of his forehand, affected the sheet, with a smirk. Today, they have reduced their irony. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga was preparing more. One of his best friends and training partners, Josselin Ouanna, has not forgotten the lesson: "More young, Jo missed a lot and today, his game is in place. When it is necessary to play, he knows how to play. When to attack, he knows attack. Now his game is very well made. "Since 1 December, he returned to training. After fifteen days of rest, he swallows the famous period land essential to harden the "cash" and continues with some technical adjustments to improve his game "I am very improved," says immediately 6th World player who won 206 seats in two years. He starts by mentioning his desire to play more inside the court, he goes by his desire to make his second ball service more powerful. Throughout the conversation, he adds the forehand, the backhand ... In short, he wants everything. His inventory some of Prévert demonstrates his will, his desire to learn and his perfectionism.

As he behaves on the court, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga not cheating and not trying to hide. He does what he says and he says what he does. The 2008 season has made a point of entry with his final at the Australian Open and especially his semi-final, won (6-2, 6-3, 6-2) against Rafael Nadal. This could be the masterpiece of a career. The rest of the year proves that it is put into the mouth. Despite a big blow with a meniscus operation at Roland Garros, he returned to tornado late season for bagging his first title on the ATP circuit by beating Novak Djokovic in the final in Bangkok. Week after week, he brings a little extra ingredient. After his incredible level of play in Australia and his unique ability to rebound in Bangkok, he shows his mental strength in Bercy. The pressure and its avatars are not part of his vocabulary: "I actually feel no pressure. When we did not have enough money to pay his rent at the end of the month and that may be outside, that's for me the pressure. " I do not play my life on a court. "

In front of his public and his family in Paris, he goes to go beat David Nalbandian in the final. Beyond his first Masters Series title, his management of important points gave him the stuff of the best. On his chair before receiving the trophy, he "enjoys" and "back up everything from his teenage years where (he) said to be 14-15 years that this would still be great to win a tournament like this. " It is the image he wants to keep from his season. The victory today is also that of yesterday with his galleries, his suffering and his joys. The student of Eric Winogradsky doesnt have short memory, he does not forget all his injuries and doubts. Some would have felt the rancor and the bitterness during these long months to morfondre in the National Training Center (NTC). Jo-Wilfried Tsonga left to ripen his desire and his generosity is now a resounding echo in the hearts of spectators. "Tennis is a pleasure, an exchange. I give the maximum of myself because I look at myself in the mirror telling me that I have done things. "His charisma does the rest. Everything is always very simple with "Jo" he gives, so he receives.

Sophie DORGAN (translation google)

Last edited by lisaplenske : 12-24-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #114
country flag Truc

There also was a double-page spread about Jo yesterday in L'Equipe (+ another article today about that press conference), but I don't have it (I buy it online and the pdf issue was incomplete, I have only the first part).
Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #115
country flag lisaplenske

oh

merci d'avoir essayer

Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #116
country flag lisaplenske

here an article about jo

Quote:

Flamboyant Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has thrown down the gauntlet to fellow tennis big guns by declaring a "war" for the No.1 ranking in 2009.

And it's one he expects to be in the thick of after confidently rating himself capable of winning the Australian Open in the first grand slam event of the New Year.

Tsonga will open 2009 by playing the inaugural Brisbane International next week, starting a month-long campaign Down Under to go one better than his final defeat at Melbourne Park in 2008.

The world No.6 is seeded second in Brisbane behind Serb world No.3 Novak Djokovic, who defeated him in four sets in the last Australian Open final.

"For me, it was very difficult to lose the final to Novak, so it's given me a lot of motivation for the rest of the year and now I hope I will win against him the next time," he said on Wednesday.

"I'm confident (of winning the Australian Open) because I've had a very good preparation.

"It's a new opportunity to play another final or win a tournament."

Following his Melbourne Park final disappointment, Tsonga was laid low by injuries but bounced back to win the Paris Masters to show his January success - which included a huge semi-final upset of Rafael Nadal - was no flash in the pan.

The 23-year-old has since got the better of world No.3 Djokovic on three occasions, including his last match at the Masters Cup in November.

As Nadal finally ended Roger Federer's record of 237 consecutive weeks at the top of the rankings after the Beijing Olympics, Tsonga felt the days of one player cementing himself as No.1 were over.

Asked who would be on top at the end of 2009," Tsonga said: "I hope me but I don't know.

"I think there is a lot of good players and it's going to be a war."

Fellow former Australian Open finalist and Brisbane International contender Marcos Baghdatis is one who believes Tsonga will challenge Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Andy Murray.

Tsonga was humbled to hear the popular Cypriot's view but made a cheeky admission Baghdatis was a good judge.

The Muhammad Ali lookalike ramped up his preparations for his Australian campaign by practising against fellow Frenchman Richard Gasquet in the sweltering heat and humidity at Pat Rafter Arena on Wednesday.

"I like that," he said. "It gives me a very good preparation for the Australian Open."

Tsonga denied he came to Australia with any extra pressure to repeat the feats last summer and indicated he'd be nigh-on unstoppable in Brisbane if his booming serve was on song.

"It is enough because you can usually break with a little bit of luck and then you serve and you serve and you serve," he said.
http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/tsonga...-in-09-2432317

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #117
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Biofile: The Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Interview
By Scoop Malinowski

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga scored a 7-6(4), 6-4 win over Novak Djokovic to earn is first title in Bangkok.
© Getty Images

Break point has rarely carried such combustible connotations as it did the day Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lowered the boom in delivering a destructive serve that splattered and nearly shattered Mario Ancic's racquet in the process.

"(I was playing) against Ancic in Bercy three years ago. I serve a big serve and he put his racquet out and the racquet broke at the middle of the racquet," Tsonga recalls. "So, for me, it was funny because I serve a big serve and he was like this — with a broke racquet. I think he broke the racquet before he play with it. When he hit the ball it go BOOM!"

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Tsonga possesses such potent power he can turn a tennis ball into a wrecking ball when he's serving, but Tsonga is hardly a one-note player.

The man who bears a striking resemblance to former three-time World Heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali mixes sting and subtlety in one of the most exciting and explosive games on the ATP World Tour.

Tsonga showcased his skills during his surge to his first career final at the 2008 Australian Open last year.

He dispatched four top-15 ranked players — Andy Murray, Richard Gasquet, Mikhail Youzhny and then World No. 2 Rafael Nadal — to reach the final of the Melbourne major and took the first set before bowing to Novak Djokovic, 6-4, 4-6, 3-6, 6-7(2).

Throughout his inspired run through the Oz Open field, Tsonga played the decisive, dynamic tennis of a man well aware of what he needed to do on court and fully committed to executing his plan, but in the final act of his upset of Youzhny Tsonga suddenly found himself momentarily overcome for the first time in the tournament.

Moments after completing a comprehensive 7-5, 6-0, 7-6(6), Australian Open victory over 14th-seeded Youzhny to surge into his first career Grand Slam semifinal in only his fifth career major, the 22-year-old Frenchman felt the flood of emotion surging within.

"I don't know how to say that. It's like I want to cry, I want to smile, I want everything. And it's a lot of emotion," Tsonga said. "I have a lot of image in my head, and it's coming like this, and it's very big. And, yeah, it's a lot of emotion."

His emotional accessibility as well as attacking game has made Tsonga a fan favorite.

Tsonga's talent has never been an issue — he beat Marcos Baghdatis to win the 2003 U.S. Open junior title and finished second to Baghdatis in the 2003 year-end ITF Junior world rankings — but his conditioning and commitment was undermined by back and abdominal injuries early in his career.

While Baghdatis broke through by reaching the 2006 Australian Open final, Tsonga was toiling on the Challenger circuit. Sidelined with a herniated disc in his back for five months in 2005, he suffered another setback with abdominal and shoulder injuries in 2006. He did not win an ATP Tour-level match in 2005 or 2006 and admits the injury-induced futility caused him to question his ability to come back.

"Sometimes it was like, 'Oh, it's too tough,' I don't know if I will do it," Tsonga said of the injuries that stalled his career before it even took off.

Since turning pro, the Frenchman has had a flair for summoning some of his best tennis against seeded players.

Five years ago, Tsonga made his ATP main draw debut one to remember at the China Open as the then 19-year-old qualifier slammed three straight aces to start the match and sustained a high level of play throughout to shock top-seeded Spaniard Carlos Moya, 6-3, 6-3, in the opening round of the China Open.

He began the 2007 season ranked No. 212, pushed Andy Roddick to four sets, including two tiebreak sets, in his Australian Open debut last year, won five Challenger championships in the spring season and beat former World No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt at Queen's Club last June. Playing his first Wimbledon, Tsonga reached the fourth round before falling to fellow Frenchman and friend Richard Gasquet.

Starting the 2008 season surging to the Adelaide semifinals, Tsonga made an immediate impact on the Australian Open in dispatching ninth-seeded Andy Murray in the opening round, defeating Gasquet in the fourth round and overwhelming Youzhny.

In past years, Tsonga's all-out attacking style was born of necessity: he simply wasn't fit enough to defend and prolong points. Shedding 10 pounds in the offseason, a much sleeker Tsonga has made greater use of his all-court gifts.

He bounced back from knee surgery that shelved him for part of the spring to capture his first career title by beating Djokovic, 7-6(4), 6-4, in the Bangkok final last September. Then roared through the Paris field in defeating Radek Stepanek, Djokovic, Andy Roddick, James Blake and David Nalbandian to claim his first career Masters Series crown in Paris, thrilling his home crowd in the process.

The second-seeded Tsonga will face off against his good friend Gasquet in the Brisbane quarterfinals after edging Jarkko Nieminen, 0-6, 7-6(1), 7-6(5) in today's Brisbane International.

Scoop Malinowski, whose jab, penchant for headwear and fondness for reptiles has evoked comparisons to Livingstone Bramble, recently caught up with Tsonga for this Biofile Interview.

Tennis Inspirations: "A lot of guys. I try to take something from every player — Agassi, Sampras, Rafter."

Hobbies/Interests: "I have lots of hobbies. I like life so, maybe my best hobby is fishing. I like music, being with my friends."

Favorite Movies: "Lord of the Rings."

Favorite TV Shows: "I don't watch TV too much, so."

Musical Tastes: "Everything."

Last Book Read: "DaVinci Code."

First Tennis Memory: "Final, Davis Cup, between Sweden and France. I watched it on TV. I remember the last match, it was (Nicklas) Kulti against (Arnaud) Boetsch and it was unbelievable. Both players finished with cramps. It was unbelievable."

Favorite Meal: "Meal from Congo — it's like chicken with peanut butter."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Vanilla."

Pre-Match Feeling/Mindset: "To think of my game. Visualize my game and how it's gotta be."

Favorite Non-Tennis Sport To Watch: "Basketball."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Winning the Paris title in Bercy. Also my victory in juniors at U.S. Open."

Most Painful Moment: "My injury four years ago — my back. And I was out for two years."

Favorite Tournaments: "U.S. Open. Because I won juniors. I like this place. People enjoy to watch us, so it's good in New York."

Favorite Players To Watch Today: "Maybe Nadal."

Closest Tennis Friends: "Richard Gasquet, Gael Monfils, Marcos Baghdatis."

Funniest Players Encountered: "For me, because he's my friend, it's Gael Monfils. I've known him since we are kids. (What is it about him?) There is a lot of expression to his face [smiles]. So, for me, it's funny. But maybe for someone else it's not funny."

Toughest Competitor: "Federer."

Funny Memory: "Against Ancic in Bercy three years ago. Because I serve a big serve and he put his racquet out and the racquet broke at the middle of the racquet. So, for me, it was funny because I serve a big serve and he was like this — with a broke racquet. I think he broke the racquet before he play with it. When he hit the ball it go BOOM!"

Last Vacation: "Was in France, La Baule."

Best You Ever Felt on Court: "Winning Paris (indoors in '08). Australian Open final last year. Two years ago against Feliciano Lopez. Everything I did on the court it was easy."

People Qualities Most Admired: "Generous."

Source: http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...newsid=6624773
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #118
country flag the graduate

the graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond repute

jo i love you
the graduate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #119
country flag Truc

"The last time... with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga" in the last issue of Deuce:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/en/deu...ast_tsonga.asp

The last time he hired a tennis court was when he was 12 years old???
Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #120
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting one !

For the hiring of a court, it may be because since this age, he was in Paris to train and it was "free".
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote