Exclusive interview for russian website sports.ru.
This is my first translation into english, so I'm sorry if anything is not right.
Headliner star of Kremlin cup decided to talk to sports.ru journalist, and he told us why he lost to serb Victor Troicki, predicted who will win YEC in London and said about his favourite nickname.
-How long did it take to get used to to tournament's surface? Everybody says Moscow's surface is not usual and it take a lot of time to feel a rithm, to feel a court...
- I entered to it from very first game. I wanted to fight, wanted to show good tennis, and sometime I did. But right now I face some issues with phisical preparedness, that's why I lost to Troicki.
- You have negative H2H with Troicki, do you have some problems playing with him?
- You know, I don't feel it's so hard to play with him. He is good as anyone in Top-100, but nothing more than this. Yes, it was hard, because I didn't play about three months, Kremlin Cup is only third tourney after my comeback. I'm trying to find my tennis, I'm going forward step by step, I made another step on this tournament, and will do another on next tournament.
- Have you seen Marat Safin, who invited you to this tournament?
- No, I didn't see him yet. He asked me to come here but didn't come himself (laughter). But I hope I'll see him before I'll get away.
(Marat Safin said to Russian media, that Jo came to Moscow only because he, Marat, asked Jo to come).
- OK, let's change a topic. As I know all french tennis players love music. For example my favourite music channel is MCM...
- Oh yeah, I love french rap!
- Could you please rap us something?
- Hmmm, oh, I don't know, no, thank you, it is not good idea!(laughter)
- OK! Last year I was in Paris on Masters tournament, and one serb journalist asked you who will win YEC, and you said Nikolai Davydenko, and he won! Please, tell me, who will win this year? I'll bet on him!
- (laughter) I don't know, but I say you... Andy Murray.
- You have so many nicknames, what is your favourite one?
- What nicknames do I have? (smiling)
- For example Ali, JoJo, Black Barracuda....
- JoJo? Really? Oh, I like it, let it be JoJo.
- Now tennisplayers love X-Box and Playstation, what do you love?
(ATP Representative says me my time is over)
- Thank you Jo-Wilfried very much....
- Hey, did you believe I love X-Box?
- Mmmmm... Yeah....
- No! Of course I like Playstation! It's cool!