News & articles - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #316
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
I didn't know he is friend of Marcos!
Marcos went to tennis school ( is that what it's called??) in france and speaks french, so not surprising. I remember reading Marcos was dating Jo's ex gf but I am very ignorant about tennis gossip and it is probably a stupid rumour.

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #317
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

No article but news: Jo will play in Doha come January 2010 along with Federer, Nadal and Davydenko. Damn, they must give the players ridiculous amounts of cash. It is also nearly impossible for me to go b/c apparently they require turkish tourists to stay in luxury hotels to issue visas.

http://www.qatartennis.org/app/webro...%20players.pdf

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #318
country flag lisebeth

lisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond repute

Thx !
lisebeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #319
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Kooyong itw :

Q. How did you feel, you know, your condition, the play in the

windy conditions?

A. Yeah, I feel good. I feel better with my new racquet in

the wind, and now today it was, it was difficult to play

for me, and I think also for Robin. But even in these

condition we have to play and we have to win, and I did it

today so it's good for me.

Q. First time here, Joe. Why did you select to come to Kooyong?

A. For me, it was the opportunity to play matches before the big

event and that's it. That's it. I don't know the

tournament. I know it's a huge event because in the past lot

of good player was here, and so for me it's good to be part

of this event.

Q. Good players keep coming. You've got Del Potro next?

A. Yeah, it's going to be Del Potro, it's going to be tough.

He played very well and, like today, I will play my game

and see what is happen.

Q. You had a good start, preparation for last year. You had a

good start to the season. Have you prepared any

differently this year?

A. Yeah. It's - yeah, it was similar. It was similar.

Q. What preparation did you do?

A. Oh, lot of things, lot of things. I have vacation, I try to

stay fit, to work on my body, and that's it, and take some

rest also because the season is long and we have to be ready

for the next one.

AAMI CLASSIC 13.1.10 1 JO-WILFRIED TSONGA
Q. Have you been working on coming to net more, win more

points with volleys?

A. Not really, because now the game is different. The ball go

faster and it's more and more difficult to go to the net, so

the first thing for me was to play better in the back so I'll

try to improve my back.

Q. There are seven or eight very, very good players in the

tournament next week, and you are one of them. I just

wonder, who do you think will win the Australian Open this

year?

A. I hope me. Who will win - I don't know. To do like

everybody, I'll say Federer because for the moment he's the

best player in the world.

Q. Even after losing to Davydenko?

A. Even.

Q. What do you think that means for Davydenko? Is he

possibly, could he possibly win?

A. Yeah, of course. Of course. But I think lot of player can

do it. But for the moment Federer is the best, is the best

player, like I said before, and that's it. That's it.

Q. Last year was probably the best year statistically, fifty

odd wins and a couple of titles. What do you need to do to

go to the next level, do you think?

A. To be more consistent maybe in the big, in big events, like

grand slam and also big tournament.

Q. Are you far away from that, do you think?

A. Not far, because every time I lose, you know, just before

semi-final, and I think I can do it.

MARIE KELLEY: Anything further? Thank you very much Jo-Wilfried.

A. Thank you.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #320
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reposting this itw I had posted on Gal's forum, of Jo speaking about Gal's body :

Quote:
J’aimerais bien tre sec comme lui, je prendrais quelques places au classement. Srieux, mon rve serait d’tre comme lui. Mais, on est comme on est. Je sais avec Roger (Rasheed, son entraineur), ils travaillent beaucoup sur le mythe du travail, disons ‘rustique’, il fait beaucoup de pompes, il sculpte son corps. Moi, je n’en fais pas parce que je suis tellement gros (rires). Pour en faire deux dj, c’est difficile… Non, mais je fais autre chose, voil, tout simplement.
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/100548...re-des-pompes/

"I'd love to be like him, I would grab a few more places in the rankings ! Seriously, it's my dream to be like him. But you are what you are. I know that with Roger Rasheed, they're working a lot on the mythe, you know, of the "rustic" work. He's doing a lot of push-up, he's sculpting his body. Me, I can't do that because I'm so fat (laughs.) I do two push-up and I'm exhausted. No, but I work differently, let's say."

Get muscled as much as you want Jojo, just don't lose in the third round like your idol
Old 01-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #321
country flag Mnu

Mnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody heard about this story?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1225823588254

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga shows his softer side, befriending ballboy

"We still believe that all people are born bad and are made good by society, rather than the opposite" Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Mnu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #322
country flag Keijan

Oh, that is so cute, thanks a lot ! I didn't hear about it, Jo must have been very cautious not to let it slip.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #323
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

what's the matter with that ballboy?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #324
country flag abruzzi

abruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond repute

not new, but the title of this really grabbed my attention I wouldn't mind though...

http://www.gototennisblog.com/2009/0...-pleasure-you/

lets hope he does well in 2010 french open, good luck jo!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #325
country flag abruzzi

abruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond repute

a nice post about Jo's smile

http://www.gototennisblog.com/2010/0...ile-uncovered/
Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #326
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...s-a-rueil.html
An exo gainst Wawrika before RG.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #327
country flag inaand

inaand is on a distinguished road

France’s No.1 player, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, dreams of winning Roland Garros some day. When he was younger, his dream was to be a football player for Marseilles. Read on for more about football from the French favourite…

What is your first football memory?
When I was a kid, in Le Mans. There was a lawn in the suburbs where my parents lived where I would play with my friends every day after school, sometimes until nightfall. Some days I’d pretend to be Franck Sauze taking free-kicks, some days I was Chris Waddle or even Rudi Voeller, a real fox in the box. Those were the good old days.

Who was your childhood idol?
First it was Chris Waddle, then George Weah, and then Didier Drogba.

Which is your favourite team?
My heart is with Le Mans but the team that really gets me excited is Marseilles. I really like the passion that team inspires.

Which is your favourite stadium?
The Stade de France.

Who do you think will be the biggest surprise at the World Cup?
Argentina. With Maradona in charge, I’m sure there will be fireworks. I have a really good feeling about Argentina.

What about the biggest disappointment?
I’m afraid it will be South Africa. I’m very worried about them.

Who would you pay good money to see in South Africa?
Messi.

How much would you pay for your favourite player’s shirt?
That depends on who gets the money. If it’s for a charity I’d be willing to put down quite a bit of money. If not, I’d pay the official price.

Which fans are the best?
Everyone was telling me about the English fans but, when I went to a few matches, I was disappointed. It was like they were crooning lullabies. The Italians know how to make some noise. Watching on the television, it looks like they get very excited. But I have to say that the French fans are pretty great too.

If you could play 90 minutes with any team, which would it be and what position?
Hmmm…In Le Mans they might give me a chance (laughs). I’m kidding… In a passionate country, like Brazil, playing for Flamengo at the Maracana in front of a capacity crowd.

Who is your favourite manager?
Not Jose Mourinho! I don’t like managers who toot their own horns. I prefer Arsne Wenger or Laurent Blanc, managers who know to be humble and put the team first.

What’s the best goal you’ve ever seen?
The one I thought was out of this world was the second one by Tutu (Lilian Thuram), in the 1998 World Cup semi-final against Croatia. He scores with his left foot, kneels down, puts his finger on his lips… and that was the goal that put France through into the final. It was totally unreal.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...056131646.html
inaand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #328
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

I have so much respect for Jo right now. He has played through pain today. Very endearing interview.

Quote:
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga defeated Thiemo de Bakker 6-7(6) 7-6(4) 6-3 6-4

Q. You felt quite a lot of emotion at the end of the match. Is there any particular reason? Is it a special game for you? Special match for you.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Emotion, yes, because I suffered a lot during this match. It was hard.
All along the match I was trying to think about something else than the pain I was feeling. So that's why.

Q. How can you play beyond the pain?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, by telling yourself it doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt. Every 10 seconds you go, It doesn't hurt. I'll go for it. It doesn't hurt.
I knew this was something that couldn't go worse, so there was no reason for me to quit. But it was painful, and it was difficult when I had to change direction, when he was getting me wrong footed. When I had to move from one side to the other I had difficulties especially on my forehand.
But then I fought, and at the end of the day, it made the difference because I think he also had difficult matches before. He had slightly less experience, and I think, well, he couldn't make it at the end.

Q. Had you lost the second set, did you feel you had the strength to come back had you been two sets down?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I would have fought till the end, whatever. The day I quit, it's just because it's impossible, a bit like in Madrid when I just couldn't play. I couldn't.
There it was painful, but I knew it couldn't get any worse; whereas in Madrid I knew I had this problem with my back, and I knew if I had to make some movements, it would have taken me more time to recover.

Q. This match was a bit the competition of the most beautiful dropshot. We had lots of beautiful dropshots.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, Thiemo does play a lot of dropshots, and sometimes you have counterdropshots. In a five set match, dropshots are part of the game, because it makes the other run.
It wears you out really. After the 15th dropshot you're worn out. But I knew I would be present. I wouldn't give up. So I did what I could, and I started playing dropshots and thinking, Well, if he starts getting tired, then I can take the lead because I can't be all that punchy today.

Q. You said that this muscle problem is more linked to the stress.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes. Well, it's a muscle problem which is linked to stress, but it's a muscle problem.

Q. Will it be manageable for Sunday?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, it's not because I was tired. I think it was more because well, I was a bit nervous, and when you're a bit nervous, it makes things a bit worse.
Well, then, yeah, it was a bit of a difficulty of a handicap for me. But it's a muscle issue. When it's just that, you can take a rest, it's gonna be okay.

Q. But today is Friday night. You are the last French player in the draw. What's your comment? Because, well, it's a bit of a habit, you being the last one left. This time it's a bit early.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: What do I feel about it? Well, it's sad. It's sad the others didn't make it. I was sad seeing Richard losing, because I had made a bet. I thought he would make it here.
As for Gal yesterday, it was a bit difficult. It was hard. He never managed to really be back in the match after they had to stop because of the night.
So for him it's a shame, as well. Well, I'm doing my job, and I hope I'll be even better for the next round.

Q. When did you start feeling that pain?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: End of the second set, 5 All. Eric says it's on a dropshot. I started sliding, and maybe that's when it happened. I don't know. But I started feeling it at the end, and you know, it became more intense.
At the beginning it really it was just very little nagging me. Then little by little it started hurting and being very painful.

Q. Wasn't it also something that helped you relax?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. It was a blessing in disguise, because instead of thinking of all the points I had in my racquet and never scored, I was focusing on my pain. That's what made it possible for me to stop thinking too much and be back in the match.

Q. Is this why you were more offensive on the third and fourth set, because you were trying to play shorter rallies?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, because as I couldn't run that much with my leg, I started trying to manage the game, impose my game, be the master on the court.
Yes, it was relaxing at the end because I played better than when I was in totally good shape.
Then I think Thiemo also started to feel a bit tired, because at the beginning he would hit his ball much stronger. At the end, I was okay.

Q. Before you had this pain during the first set you were shaking your left wrist. What does it mean?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, sometimes I would block my wrist, the left wrist. I don't know why, because I don't use it that much except for my backhand. But sometimes it's a bit painful and I shake it. It goes away.

Q. So it's a small pain that comes and goes, but it's not linked to tension or stress?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, it's probably linked to stress, but I don't control everything. So, you know, it sometimes happens.
Some players would cramp because of stress. Others feel pain. That's the way it is.

Q. What's your schedule for tomorrow, to be at the top on Sunday against Troicki or Youzhny?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Hey, that's my secret. I can't tell you everything, otherwise everybody would do the same. But it's going to be rest, mostly.

Q. Are you going to ask the organizers to schedule you as late as possible?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, not particularly, because I'll be ready to play on Sunday.
And anyway, I know I won't be playing before 11:00 in the morning.
greenhopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #329
country flag lisebeth

lisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond reputelisebeth has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...-de-jours.html

Jo is not likely playing in Queens, and maybe not Wimbledon too...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #330
country flag lisebeth

I heard on tv this morning he couldn't play before 15 days/one month ... don't know what to expect