News & articles - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #166
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArthur View Post
I saw that this morning but I am waiting for all of his calendar during the clay season to be published to put it up in a new thread.

I find it strange to be honest. It's a 250 equivalent and he is full for that kind of tournament. Plus it's just before RG. I also know that he will be at Barcelona too. We'll see...
I agree with you Mac
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #167
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

I found a good article here : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5705094.ece

Quote:
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beats insult and injury

February 11, 2008/Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, Rotterdam

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga asked for a translation of énervé. “I think that I am annoyed in the moment when other players aren’t annoyed and I am happy when other players aren’t happy,” he said. If you thought he was discussing the subject that has convulsed leader pages and opinion pieces in the 12 days since Carol Thatcher dropped the G-word, you could not be more mistaken. Tsonga is more of a man than that.

The 23-year-old Frenchman insists that he will not dignify the remarks said to have been made by the former Prime Minister’s daughter with a response. His nature, one that has lit up every tennis court he has ever stepped upon, is to smile in the face of life, gratuitous insults especially. “We simply wish to let this die slowly and move on to bigger and better things,” Morgan Menahem, his manager, said.

Bigger and better as in his victory in the SA Open in Johannesburg on Sunday, a celebration of the ATP Tour’s return to South Africa after 13 years that was cheered to the rafters. Tsonga visited Soweto, the infamous township, where they chaired him in their hundreds; he was the only player to need transport to the interview room because the throng was so enormous. He loved “being home”.

This time last year, after reaching the final of the Australian Open, in which he lost to Novak Djokovic, of Serbia, he made his first visit to his 82-year-old grandfather in Congo-Brazzaville. “I got off the plane and the temperature was perfect; the smell, it was just so special,” Tsonga recalled yesterday. “Yes, I felt more comfortable there than anywhere else in the world. It was very important for me to know where I come from.”

Even 12 months on, his emotions bubble just under the surface. “It was my origin, my family,” he said. Asked in what kind of home his grandfather lived, Tsonga said: “Not so much a house, more like a case. I can buy him a house, give him a house, but he didn’t want [that]. When you see that, you understand what it is that I am, how I am as a person.”

Few players let you know what they are thinking more vividly than Tsonga, whose trademark salute is to dance across the court jabbing his thumbs behind his back, as if pointing at an invisible name on his shirt. It says, “This is me” - in this case, the me is a devoted elder son of Didier and Evelyne, both teachers, who scrimped and saved so that he could travel the world. “They gave up everything for me, everything,” he said.

Tsonga built on the raw talent that first came to the attention in the boys’ singles at the 2003 French Open, when he defeated David Brewer, from Scotland, of whom little has been seen since, and reached the semi-finals.

Even then, crowds lived his performances. “Maybe it is because I show all my sentiments on the court and the people know they are true,” he said. “Others players are not always like that.” When he triumphed in the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris Bercy in November to qualify for his first Masters Cup, he remembers having told those closest to him that he would be “ready for this tournament - not before, not after, just for this”. So what will happen next? “Oh, I don’t know that,” he said with a smile.

Perhaps a year without an injury will allow the world No 13 to deliver on the entirety of his talents. He could not walk when last year’s Wimbledon final was being played after an operation to remove half the meniscus from his right knee, and that came on top of shoulder, back and abdominal problems that have hindered his progress. “But they have given me more experience of life,” Tsonga said, “and that is what tennis is: a school of life.

“It teaches you to have respect for the rules, respect for your opponent, respect for the crowd, respect for the traditions of the sport. It is why I love Wimbledon so much, you walk around it and you feel the history. I feel very content there. And the same is true of Paris. I know it used to be that French players worried about playing in front of the French people, but that has changed. Not just in my case but [Gaël] Monfils and [Gilles] Simon, they feel the same.”

Asked about his happiest moment on a tennis court, he said: “My first year at Bercy, I served so hard that it knocked the racket right out of the hands of Mario Ancic. He still held on to the grip but the rest of the racket was gone.” And the saddest? “I sincerely cannot remember ever being sad on a tennis court,” he said. Which is something that really ought to be said about him.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #168
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Marion. Nice piece.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #169
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

He has given an interview on his official website just after his defeat in Indian Wells :

Jo-Wilfried, le Masters Series d’Indian Wells s’arrête au 3e tour…

Ce n’est pas suffisant. C’est toujours une désillusion de rater un grand événement. Les Masters Series ont pris une place importante dans le calendrier. J’aurais aimé faire quelque chose de mieux ici mais je ne vais pas tout remettre en cause parce que j’ai perdu au 3e tour. Il reste encore de nombreux tournois à disputer au cours de la saison. Andreev a très bien joué, il était très à l’aise dans des conditions de jeu où le rebond est très haut et le balle très lourde. De mon côté, je n’ai pas réalisé un très bon match. Je n’ai pas eu beaucoup de réussite dans les moments importants. Et pour ne rien arranger, je n’étais pas au top de ma forme.

Tu n’en as pas parlé mais tu connais un problème allergique depuis ton arrivée à Indian Wells.

Oui et je ne veux surtout pas m’en servir comme excuse. De nombreux joueurs connaissent ce problème ici. Le vent transporte du sable provenant du désert et apparemment, ça ne me réussit pas. Je ne sais pas si ça me pompe du jus mais je ne suis pas au top. J’espère me remettre très rapidement pour être en forme à Miami.

La Coupe Davis est-elle encore présente dans ta tête ?

Nous sommes éliminés et je ne peux plus rien y faire. Mais c’est vrai que cette rencontre face à la République Tchèque a un peu d’influence sur mon tennis. J’ai beaucoup joué, j’ai pas mal voyagé. On peut aussi imaginer que la Coupe Davis te donne un stress supplémentaire. Dans le tennis d’aujourd’hui, le calendrier est tellement chargé que celui qui arrive à gérer le mieux les avant-matches l’emporte.

Quel va être ton programme dans les jours à venir ?

J’ai fait venir mon préparateur physique, Cyril Brechbuhl, pour travailler entre les deux tournois. J’ai besoin de me retaper et de souffler un peu. Cette petite coupure va me faire du bien.

A little translation :
He is not satisfied with his defeat there. He recognises the good match of andreiev, but stress out that the game conditions and his own form wasn't really good either. It's the desert's sand conveyed by the wind in indian wells who causes him his allergy problem. He also say that the DC and his numerous trip since the beginning of the season have taken their mark on him. But he is going to rest and to work his condition at maximum speed during this little forced break to be ready for Miami.

Good work, Jo
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #170
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Marion and Benoit I noticed how he left out Richard in his statement about the French players being pleased to play in front of French crowds. how poetic!
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #171
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the articles, they're always a pleasure to read

To elaborate on MacAthur’s translation re: Indian Wells:

He’s really disappointed he hasn’t done better at such a big event, recognizing that the Masters Series events have such an important place in the calendar. But it’s not the end of the world that he’s lost in the 3rd round. There will be many tournaments to play during the season. He acknowledged that Andreev played really well, he was more comfortable in the conditions where the bounce is very high and the ball very heavy. On his side, he doesn’t think he played a good match and didn’t play the big points well. He wasn’t in top form either.

Although he hadn’t spoken about it, he had a problem with allergies since his arrival at Indian Wells...

Yes, but he doesn’t want to use this as an excuse. Quite a number of players were experiencing the same problem. Apparently, the desert sand transported by the wind has an adverse effect of him, causing the allergies. He hopes to quickly get himself back in form for Miami.

About the Davis Cup after-effects:

Having been eliminated from the Davis Cup, there’s nothing else he can do. He admits that the Davis Cup encounter with the Czech Republic has had an effect on his tennis: he’s played a lot, he’s travelled a lot, and there’s additional stress of playing the Davis Cup itself. He reckons that players who better manage the packed tennis calendar have a better chance of winning.

His programme in the next few days:

He’s sent for his physical trainer, Cyril Brechbuhl to help him over the two tournaments. He needs to rehabilitate himself. This little forced break before Miami will do him good.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #172
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks as always, chère Turquoise !
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #173
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Turquoise.
It will do him good to have a rest.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #174
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Turquoise. ~~~
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #175
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

You're all welcome
Old 03-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #176
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibel13 View Post
Well jo is at the one of l'equipe mag if nobody have it i can post it
I'm still looking for it, I regularly check the "Media Center" on his official website, but they don't seem to upload the articles of "L'Equipe Magazine" - which are the most difficult ones to find, unfortunately, I really don't get why they can't sell the magazine abroad or online.
Does anybody know where I can find it? I still haven't found the article of last year "La métamorphose de Tsonga" either, I don't know if it was of any interest.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #177
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Tiens tu postes chez Jo aussi Fran ?

You're probably won't be able to find it. I think they drew a certain amount of papers and don't print them again, it's not like Tennis mag.

I had bought l'équipe mag, but it's at my parents now. It was cute, but nothing really new. I'll scan it in a few days when I visit them.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #178
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Tiens tu postes chez Jo aussi Fran ?

You're probably won't be able to find it. I think they drew a certain amount of papers and don't print them again, it's not like Tennis mag.

I had bought l'équipe mag, but it's at my parents now. It was cute, but nothing really new. I'll scan it in a few days when I visit them.
Fran poste ici depuis bien longtemps que nous toutes (tous), je crois que je l'ai "rencontré" sur ce forum d'ailleurs

there was nothing new on l'équipe mag, I had it but I don't have a scanner anymore
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #179
country flag Keijan

Ah ok, je l'ignorais.
Oui mais je crois qu'il y avait quelques jolies photos non ?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #180
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Je poste partout!

I thought maybe you knew a fansite or another website where a scan was already posted. I only know Cécile's website and the official one.
I'll ask on the official website, since they put up all the other articles from L'Equipe.
But you all seem to say it was not very interesting anyway.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote