David News & Articles - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #31
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles and stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
20/07/04
"The circuit is a meat chopper”

The new physical trainer of David Nalbandian, former of Coria, Jorge Trevisan explains from inside how tennis destroys tennis players themselves.
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...p?pagId=798068

At the same time than Gaudio, Zabaleta and Cañas were playing the finals in the last weeks, the Argentinian top ten were resting and starting all over again. A thing that we hear all the time nowadays are the injuries, and that’s making some damage: Guillermo Coria didn’t defend his titles in Stuttgart nor Kitzbühel (Sopot changed the date); David Nalbandian had to withdrew from Wimbledon. Rosarino, 57 years old (27 of which spent working in the rugby Jockey Club, and also traveled with Alberto Mancini), Jorge Trevisan is the new Physical Trainer of Nalbandian, and worked during 2003 with Coria. Here he describes some similarities and differences between both of them and explains why the circuit is the big responsible here.

—You worked with both top ten. How would you define them?

—They’re both very fast. David has a muscular development superior and is taller, and Guille is light and he’s very fast to go from one place to another. They’re styles of playing are different. Guille is the best competitor that exists in tennis. It’s unbelievable how he creates spaces…I met David now and I can say that we’ll have good results in the hard courts, that he likes so much. What do they need? Maturity in the physical part, gaining more work. That’s it.

—In the last years, the figure of the PT grew because of the importance of the physical part in tennis. How are they with the physical work dedication?

—Look, no one likes to work on their physic. Mercedes Paz was the only one that loved doing it. With Mancini we were together for 15 years, I traveled with him and they told me I was insane; now everyone travels with their PT. These kids are hard workers and dedicate a lot of time to it. They want to be good for real, they are aware of their potential. They’re two little monsters, that if the circuit gets better they will last.

—In the last two years they were victims of several injuries. What are the reasons?

—Look, tennis is an important business, it moves a lot of money. The circuit is hard, and ends up being a meat chopper. I’ll tell you a day of David, like when he played Kuerten in Roland Garros: he trained in the morning, we stretched, he played for 3h20, we stretched again, made some interviews, massages for an hour and treated his wrist with ultrasound. It takes a lot out of the physic and of your head too. Besides, you don’t have to forget that tennis alters your adolescence, you miss parties with your friends, moments with their family, they miss home. Then I listen to the football players complaining that they have to play two matches per week…Here are 8 hours of daily work, and the player is just one, there’s replacement.

—What’s the solution?

—I don’t know how to modify the sport, but I know that we don’t have to ruin these kids. If you enter the medical room of the tournaments, there are a lot of players being treated. If they stop for 6 months, they recover from everything, but here you never stop.

—Coria was talking about choosing better the tournaments...

—Well, that’s why Federer and Roddick don’t get injured: they don’t play as much. They try to maximize and play less tournaments, build the calendar in a more intelligent way. Then the Davis arrives, they get injured and there’s people that ask them how is it that they don’t take care of themselves. The player is exhausted! I assure you: the main concern of any coach nowadays, is try to avoid injuries.
Hope Trevisan can help David use his muscular physique to his advantage-to minimize the injuries, that is.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #32
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jazz

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:15 PM   #33
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

"The circuit is a meat chopper”
mmmmmmmm, then players are the meat, injuries will be the butchers.....
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #34
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

23/07/04
David Nalbandian: "my dream is to win a medal in the Olympics”
http://www.laopinion-rafaela.com.ar/...23/g472380.htm

David Nalbandian is one of the many elite sportsmen our country has. He has the 6th place in the ATP Ranking and 9th in the Champion’s Race.
The cordobes is also a passionate for cars and especially the rally. LA OPINION, had a chat with the Unquillo player, in Villa Carlos Paz.

Under a blue cap is the legend that identifies that province. “Córdoba, the heart of my country”-and with a coat of that same color, which reflects clearly his passion for rally, David Nalbandian followed very closely the Argentina Republic Rally.
Before the start of the competence, the N°6 tennis player in the world, was “playing” tennis with the Spaniard Carlos Sainz, who defined as “a player that surprised me”.
After that, Sainz invited him occupy the right SEAT of the Citroën Xsara, in one of the run that “el matador” made in the shakedown, in the Pro-Racing complex.
”It was a wonderful experience”, said Nalbandian. That way, the chat started between his professional career and his “weekness”, as he defines it-for speed.

-I imagine you’re enjoying in a special way these days.
-Sure, because this is what I always liked. Since I was a kid, I went with my family to see the rally, that was very near to my hose, in Unquillo. And when I have a chance to go, like this year, I try to take it since the teams arrive in Cordoba.

-What did you feel when Carlos Sainz invited you to join him?
-It was a condition I imposed to Carlos-he says it with an impish smile-when we finished playing tennis. It’s impressive how he drives and he does it so naturally that is amazing.

-Do you see in your future a rally pilot?
-It’s a possibility, but today in my life is all about tennis and in my mind there’s nothing else. Maybe, once I retire I’ll run a race.

-When will you start playing again?
-I think I’ll be able to be in the American tournaments, but my most important goal is to be at my best for the Olympics. My dream is to win a medal. It would be great for me and for Argentina as well.

-The chances are good.
-I think so, but I’m aware that the level will be very good, because the best will be in Athens. I’ll try to get a medal in singles and also in doubles, with Guillermo (Coria).

-The fact that three Argentinian players are among the best 11 (Coria, Nalbandian and Gaudio) reflects the excelent moment that our tennis is having.
-It’s not a coincidence that this is happening, because this generation has given great tennis players. In the last seasons, the results we’ve been getting were truly amazing. And I am convinced that we’ll go on getting titles for our country.

-Do you consider yourself as the most complete player in Argentina?
-Maybe, because I feel comfortable in every surface. I started playing in a hard court and that helped me a lot to gain, maybe like no other Argentinian, an experience that today allows me to have a good performance in slow and fast surfaces.

-If you had the chance to choose, Which of the four Grand Slams would you like to win?
-I’m between Wimbledon and the US Open, and then Roland Garros but all of them are important. The tennis player that wins a Grand Slam is part of history. That’s clear.

-Can Argentina win the Davis Cup?
-Sure. And we will win it more than once. It’s the grand challenge we’ve set and we will give all that’s necessary to get it.

Víctor Hugo Fux
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:06 PM   #35
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your job, jazz i don't know how to say...it seems rally has been more and more important in his mind. He is smart, should know it's right time to focus on the tennis again, which is more more important. do not let his rally passion influenced the his following center career.
Good to see he put Olympics as a crucial part!! Many players in Athen list are very competitive this year, and think david has more chance in singles than in doubles.
Don't know he put RG as the third most important, i had thought it would be the last in that 4 GS.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:12 PM   #36
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora
Thanks for your job, jazz i don't know how to say...it seems rally has been more and more important in his mind. He is smart, should know it's right time to focus on the tennis again, which is more more important. do not let his rally passion influenced the his following center career.
Good to see he put Olympics as a crucial part!! Many players in Athen list are very competitive this year, and think david has more chance in singles than in doubles.
Don't know he put RG as the third most important, i had thought it would be the last in that 4 GS.
I think he got to like RG better this year when he got to the semi finals and played so well there. I think the wins over Guga and Marat made him realise that he can compete with the best on clay. And, of course, the clay is less harsh on your body than the harder court surfaces, so maybe he is thinking ahead to his future and where he can play more, and earn more points without risking too much injury.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #37
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess it has to do on how well he performed in those tournaments, check this out:
1. This is the order in which he prefers the GS: Wimbledon, US Open, Roland Garros, Australian Open
2. His best results: Final Wimbledon, SF US Open, SF Roland Garros, QF AO
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 AM   #38
country flag jazz_girl

This is an article from Deuce magazine and written by Eduardo Puppo.
NO LIMITS
PLAYERS DON'T COME MORE COMPETITIVE OR WORK HARDER THAN ARGENTINA'S DAVID NALBANDIAN
Toughened by the hardships endured by a generation, Argentina's powerful group of players has earned every reward that has come its way. There have been no shortcuts, no easy rides. On the ATP circuit, the players run hard until the last ball has been struck, because they know that it is never too late.
David Nalbandian perfectly embodies the spirit of his countrymen. With his eagerness to push the limits of endurance, he demonstrates that talent and effort can be combined to create a cocktail that is as succesful as it is elusive. But real, very real.
Those present in exotic Agadir, Morocco, in February witnessed, day after day, how a champion is made. Preparing for the first-round Davis Cup tie, Nalbandian did not spare one drop of sweat working on his game. On carpet laid over wood, his drives hit the lines relentlessly. And his two-handed backhand, which is becoming more lethal by the week, found all the angles. For hours on end, he trained with the other Argentine wonder, Guillermo Coria. Both know that the world is watching and that together, before too long, they are candidates to become leaders of the men's game.
Nalbandian has a presence. His sculptured body commands respect. Watching him take off his new polo shirt, I am intrigued by a tatoo on his right shoulder. He declines to expand on its origin or significance, smiles and resumes practicing his volleys. He wants to be faster, stronger, surer. He seems to have no physical limitations. His work day is not over when the final ball is struck: He heads to the gym or runs in the street or swims laps in the pool, emulating his compatriot, Olympic medalist José Meolans. He might play a little soccer in the sand of the Moroccan beaches or ride a horse on the beach.
When most others disappear to enjoy the sunset, Nalbandian returns to the gym with his trainer for another weights session. Amazing. He follows this plan religiously, every 24 hours. His coach, Eduardo Infantino, says: "David has made huge progress and it's a pleasure working with him, because I feel that he is totally devoted to his objectives, commited to making tennis history. And for a coach, this is brilliant, a real privilage."
When his participation in last year's Tennis Masters Cup was in doubt due to wrist tendinitis, Nalbandian waited until the last minute to take his place. He went to Houston and, despite the limitations on his devastating double.handed backhand, he still managed to defeat Juan Carlos Ferrero and extend Andre Agassi to a thirs set. "I am not 100 percent", he said at the time, "but the doctor allowed me to play, albeit without forcing the shots. I was dying to go and be part of the year's eight great ones".
At 22, Nalbandian is already one of the game's best strategists. Every furious shot from the baseline has purpose. He is most entertaining to watch in practice or when he plays a first round match or a final. He is competitive to the max.
Surprisingly, Nalbandian has won just two ATP titles. But form suggests a big payday is just around the corner. In 2002, playing his first grass court tournament and just his fourth Grand Slam event, he became the first Argentine to reach a Wimbledon final. In '03, he held match point against eventual champion Andy Roddick in the US Open semifinals.
The hard work has been done. The hard work will continue to be done. And just as certainly, the big results will come.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:18 AM   #39
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is an article from Deuce magazine and written by Eduardo Puppo.
NO LIMITS
PLAYERS DON'T COME MORE COMPETITIVE OR WORK HARDER THAN ARGENTINA'S DAVID NALBANDIAN
Toughened by the hardships endured by a generation, Argentina's powerful group of players has earned every reward that has come its way. There have been no shortcuts, no easy rides. On the ATP circuit, the players run hard until the last ball has been struck, because they know that it is never too late.
David Nalbandian perfectly embodies the spirit of his countrymen. With his eagerness to push the limits of endurance, he demonstrates that talent and effort can be combined to create a cocktail that is as succesful as it is elusive. But real, very real.
Those present in exotic Agadir, Morocco, in February witnessed, day after day, how a champion is made. Preparing for the first-round Davis Cup tie, Nalbandian did not spare one drop of sweat working on his game. On carpet laid over wood, his drives hit the lines relentlessly. And his two-handed backhand, which is becoming more lethal by the week, found all the angles. For hours on end, he trained with the other Argentine wonder, Guillermo Coria. Both know that the world is watching and that together, before too long, they are candidates to become leaders of the men's game.
Nalbandian has a presence. His sculptured body commands respect. Watching him take off his new polo shirt, I am intrigued by a tatoo on his right shoulder. He declines to expand on its origin or significance, smiles and resumes practicing his volleys. He wants to be faster, stronger, surer. He seems to have no physical limitations. His work day is not over when the final ball is struck: He heads to the gym or runs in the street or swims laps in the pool, emulating his compatriot, Olympic medalist José Meolans. He might play a little soccer in the sand of the Moroccan beaches or ride a horse on the beach.
When most others disappear to enjoy the sunset, Nalbandian returns to the gym with his trainer for another weights session. Amazing. He follows this plan religiously, every 24 hours. His coach, Eduardo Infantino, says: "David has made huge progress and it's a pleasure working with him, because I feel that he is totally devoted to his objectives, commited to making tennis history. And for a coach, this is brilliant, a real privilage."
When his participation in last year's Tennis Masters Cup was in doubt due to wrist tendinitis, Nalbandian waited until the last minute to take his place. He went to Houston and, despite the limitations on his devastating double.handed backhand, he still managed to defeat Juan Carlos Ferrero and extend Andre Agassi to a thirs set. "I am not 100 percent", he said at the time, "but the doctor allowed me to play, albeit without forcing the shots. I was dying to go and be part of the year's eight great ones".
At 22, Nalbandian is already one of the game's best strategists. Every furious shot from the baseline has purpose. He is most entertaining to watch in practice or when he plays a first round match or a final. He is competitive to the max.
Surprisingly, Nalbandian has won just two ATP titles. But form suggests a big payday is just around the corner. In 2002, playing his first grass court tournament and just his fourth Grand Slam event, he became the first Argentine to reach a Wimbledon final. In '03, he held match point against eventual champion Andy Roddick in the US Open semifinals.
The hard work has been done. The hard work will continue to be done. And just as certainly, the big results will come.
Yeah, I have read this one. You know, I wished that there were more pages. The tattoo thing will continue to be a mystery...something he wishes to keep to himself.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:22 AM   #40
country flag jazz_girl

I had scanned it but for some reason I can't upload it here. I don't know what's wrong...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:23 AM   #41
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
I had scanned it but for some reason I can't upload it here. I don't know what's wrong...
Were you trying to scan this story? Or was there another?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:25 AM   #42
country flag jazz_girl

This one, I also have some pics I can't upload...
I think I'll go upload them at Yahoo first, and then see if I can put them here...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:27 AM   #43
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
This one, I also have some pics I can't upload...
I think I'll go upload them at Yahoo first, and then see if I can put them here...
What folder would we find them in if you are able to do that?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:36 AM   #44
country flag jazz_girl

In the files section, in the scan part.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:38 AM   #45
country flag jazz_girl

But I think I'll leave it for the morning as well, cause now my scanner doesn't work!