David News & Articles - Page 231 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #3451
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David News & Articles

I wish him a fast recovery.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #3452
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby is out of RG (source tennis.com and Davidnalbandian.com)
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #3453
country flag josemanuel

josemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond repute

Any news about when is David coming back??
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 AM   #3454
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemanuel View Post
Any news about when is David coming back??

they hope he will come to Wimbledon (June 21 - July 4)
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #3455
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

He will be watching the World Cup in the meantime I guess

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #3456
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

David received a WC to play Washington
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #3457
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

News
The Russian team lost to the Argentinean team 2-3

Mikhail Youzhny lost to Argentinean player David Naldandian 6/7(5), 4/6, 3/6 in the decisive, fifth match of the Davis Cup quarterfinals tie. The final score is 3-2 for the Argentinean team, who broke the 15-year long winning streak of the Russian team at home.

In the first Sunday’s match Russian top player Nikolay Davydenko beat Eduardo Schwank 4/6, 6/3, 6/1, 6/4 and leveled the score in the Davis Cup quarterfinals tie Russia vs. Argentina (2-2).

“At present the Argentinean team is stronger than our team” – Russian team captain Shamil Tarpischev confessed at the post-match press-conference. - We don’t have a deep bench, taking into account the injuries of Andreev and Toursounov. In this situation I saw no option how to improve the game of our team, This our optimal lineup.
“The first set was decisive, because the game was equal and only in the tie-breaker David prevailed, - Mikhail Youzhny said. – After winning the first set he caught momentum and began to play better. His game didn’t surprise me, I knew what he is capable of”.
Summing up the results of the tie, Argentinean team captain Tito Vazquez noted that it was David Nalbandian who made the difference. “David brought us 2 points, besides winning the doubles was also very important, - Vazquez said. – We deserved this win”.

David Nalbandian who hasn’t played in official matches since April namely said:” I knew what I am capable of and I didn’t surprise myself. So now those who were skeptical about me will have to believe in me”.

Now the Argentinean team will play away against the team of France in the semifinals of the world team championships.

Davis Cup press center
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #3458
country flag Stephan

Nalbandian Argentina's hero again
www.Daviscup.com

David Nalbandian produced one of his finest Davis Cup performances to put Argentina through to the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas semifinals, after he won the decisive fifth rubber against Mikhail Youzhny in straight sets.

The Argentine had hardly picked up a racket in the last three months coming into the tie because of injuries, but he showed immense mental strength to beat his Russian rival in just under two and a half hours.

“I played great, much better than Friday,” commented Nalbandian. “I said I had to keep improving my game, and that is what I did today. We won so I’m so happy to be in the semifinals again.”

It was too tight to call a winner coming into the match. Youzhny had not lost a home Davis Cup singles rubber in five years, and had looked impressive in beating Leonardo Mayer on Friday. But Nalbandian was a completely different proposition and had beaten Youzhny in Monte Carlo in April, the last meeting between the two players.

The first set saw both players dominant on serve and with break points at a premium and it wasn’t surprising that it went all the way to a tiebreak. Nalbandian and Youzhny both had chances to take control, but it was the Argentine who eventually took it to move into the lead.

The second set was equally as tight, but in the ninth game, Nalbandian was finally able to break his opponent, which left him to serve out for the set and move into a commanding lead.

Youzhny had a mountain to climb, and his Argentine opponent took a massive stride towards victory in the first game of the third set, as he broke the Russian. There was to be no way back for the Muscovite as Nalbandian eased to victory, and ended Russia’s 14-year unbeaten home Davis Cup record.

Nalbandian put injury problems aside

It was a fantastic performance by Nalbandian over the course of this tie, to have beaten the world No. 6 and No. 14 within the space of just three days, given his previous injury problems, while the Cordoba native said things got easier as his game with Youzhny progressed.

“The entire match was very tough, especially at the beginning, where both players had chances, and I managed to take them. The second set was tough as well, but in the third I started much better and managed to get a break at the beginning of the set.”

Youzhny was philosophical in defeat, saying he didn’t really have much of a chance, given the form Nalbandian was in.

“He played well and it was a close match, especially in the first set. I had some break point opportunities in the second set, but he just played the key points better and was just better overall,” said the Russian.

The decisive rubber was needed after Nikolay Davydenko earlier beat Eduardo Schwank in four sets. The Russian had been dreadfully out of sorts over the first two days of this tie and was unsure whether he would even take part in the reverse singles.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #3459
country flag Stephan

There is an interview of David available:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1283887

and one more article to read :
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1283887
use google translator to read it in your language...
Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #3460
country flag Stephan

There is an interview with David on the bottom of this web page --->
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=17155
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #3461
country flag Stephan

David's ranking is 111.

After the brilliant victory of Argentina, who gave the pass to Davis Cup semi-final, David Nalbandian advanced 42 positions thanks to two wins against Russia. Thus, the Cordovan increased from 153 ° to put the ranking 111th. "I felt really comfortable with the kids and the whole team. I am very happy to have contributed two singles points, and Zeballos and fundamental Schwank doubles point," he said via Twitter. The King David, who came to our country last night, will play fast tennis season in North America: Washington, Toronto, Cincinnati and the U.S. Open.

Nalbandian también gana en el ranking
Luego del brillante triunfo de la Argentina, que dio el pase a las semifinales de la Copa Davis, David Nalbandian avanzó 42 posiciones gracias a sus dos victorias frente a Rusia. De esta manera, el cordobés pasó del puesto 153° al 111° del ranking. "Me sentí realmente muy cómodo con los chicos y con el equipo en general. Estoy muy contento por haber aportado los dos puntos de singles, y Zeballos y Schwank el punto fundamental del dobles", contó, vía Twitter. El Rey David, que llegó anoche a nuestro país, jugará la temporada de canchas rápidas de América del Norte: Washington, Toronto, Cincinnati y el US Open.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 AM   #3462
country flag Stephan

21 Jul 2010
Lyon stages Davis Cup semifinal
The French Tennis Federation announced that the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinal between France and Argentina will take place in Lyon on 17-19 September. The tie will be held at the Palais des Sports de Gerland on an indoor hard court, with a seating capacity of 6000.

This is the first time the arena has staged Davis Cup since the historic 1991 Final, when current captain Guy Forget and Henri Leconte teamed up for a 3-1 victory over a strong American side that included Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras. This was France’s first victory in the competition since 1932, but the team has gone on to further titles in 1996 and 2001.

Both France and Argentina have shown impressive form en route to the semifinals. France followed up a 4-1 first round home victory over Germany by stunning defending champions Spain 5-0 in the quarterfinals in Clermont-Ferrand. David Nalbandian has been Argentina’s hero in their 2010 campaign, twice winning the deciding rubber away from home in 3-2 victories over Sweden and Russia.

France has won all four previous meetings against Argentina, although the two nations have not met since 1982, when France scored a 3-2 World Group first round victory in Buenos Aires.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #3463
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy the semi final will take place in Lyon, I will go there for sure !! I am doing an internship there and I can't miss this opportunity !! Can't wait to be September !
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #3464
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you are soooooo lucky Viken!! This will be a very good tie and Davis Cup always has the amazing atmosphere! Take some photos for us, and cheer for David loudly (if you are not french )
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #3465
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know novanora, I think it's destiny !!

I cross my finger and hope he will not be injured again after the USO !!