David News & Articles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2004, 02:53 PM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles and stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
To get me to London, will require a lot of effort and no you are taking me to San Lorenzo, that needs to be established now.
And I thought the lure of having dinner with me would overcome any obstacles!!!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2004, 07:37 PM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
And I thought the lure of having dinner with me would overcome any obstacles!!!!
Yeah, you are right I have to say, though I will have to hold you down and watch one of the WRC races.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #18
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

13/07/04

Shared Passions
http://www.intervoz.com/2004/0713/de...ta257144_1.htm

They’d asked not to be known, but it was not possible. The rally pilot of Citroën Carlos Sainz and the top ten tennis player, David Nalbandian, scheduled a tennis match in the Atletico Carlos Paz, before the CTI Mobil 24° Rally Argentina 2004 this thursday.

But it’s imposible that two celebrities like Sainz and Nalbandian could hide such an encounter. So, when the match started there were already 200 people waiting to see the show.

“I’m so embarrassed!”, apologized the Spaniard while he walked to the court, joined by the rest of the Citroën team, while the kids were around them.

It turned out that Sainz, national champion of squash in Spain in 1978, when he was 16 years old, is no beginner and returned pretty well all the soft shots of the unquillense. There were a few minutes in which people applaud for a well played point, or laughed like two friends that were sharing a mischief.

After Marc Martí, Sainz partner, and the AXN’s Shakedown host Neil Cole, to play a doubles match to be forgotten.

In a chat between Nalbandian and Sainz, it was in evidenced (once more) the great passion that the cordobes feels for the cars and everything related to the rally. The top ten feels at home with the drivers, and they pray mutual admiration. The pilots, because one of the best tennis players in the world takes some time to play with them, y the Unquillo one because the tennis lets him share moments like yesterday’s with his favourites pilots.

After the match, the photos came, but there weren’t as many. While Sainz chatted a few minutes with the journalists, Nalbandian signed patiently some autographs, till he went to his car: and then, Sainz joined him. There will be, of course, something in return: the Spaniard pilot must take David as his partner in his Citroën Xsara WRC. “I’ll take him, but I won’t lend him my car”, assured. Then Nalbandian will be David, with a new toy.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:57 AM   #19
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Jazz
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:35 PM   #20
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, David had to test the car yesterday but he couldn't do it because the date of the race was to close, so maybe he can do it some other time. Rosie, you can relax now!
http://www.carburando.com/notas.asp?di=8839
Old 07-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #21
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Well, David had to test the car yesterday but he couldn't do it because the date of the race was to close, so maybe he can do it some other time. Rosie, you can relax now!
http://www.carburando.com/notas.asp?di=8839
Thanks for that article jazz, and I bet Rosie blames me for these after tennis ambitions.

I will be watching it very closely, as it's one of my fave races and maybe they will show Nalle on TV.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #22
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

ah well sorry for him he couldn't do it, know he would love to be there..
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #23
country flag landoud

landoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond repute

interview with David Nalbandian
Q. Did you play any other sports while you were growing up?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: When I was young?

Q. Yeah.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: A lot.

Q. Were you good at any others?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I do soccer, I swim, basketball, karate (laughter). Horse, everything.

Q. Why did you start playing tennis? Can you remember?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Of course tennis (smiling). I forget it.

When I was...?

Q. How old were you when you started? How did you get interested in tennis?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Always. When I was five years, I start play tennis. Also I do all the other sports at the same time. So I didn't have time to study to the school. I do many, many sports.

But I think when I was seven or eight, I just play tennis.

Q. Did your family play as well?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah, all of them.

Q. The new hairstyle, is that a sort of David Beckham thing?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No. Just myself.

Q. It's the same style as his, though?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Not right now. I think he have another look right now.

Q. Does he?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I think so. I don't know.

Q. Maybe Beckham copied Nalbandian.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: (Smiling).
landoud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #24
country flag jazz_girl

LOL! I remember watching this interview, it was during the Australian Open this year!
Old 07-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #25
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon David Nalbandian looks more like one of the boys from Blazin Squad (the blonde one) than David Beckham
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:05 PM   #26
country flag jazz_girl

who are they? Never heard of them...
Old 07-19-2004, 07:41 AM   #27
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Well, jazz, think Blazin Squad is a pop songs boys group, and one member in them is blonde.....
in fact, i don't like to compare david with those entertainment stars and beckham, coz they are toooooo showing.....
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #28
country flag landoud

landoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond reputelandoud has a reputation beyond repute

i think he has the sam hairstyle as david beckham ... see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 421310.jpg (26.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg capt.sge.ack30.310504195817.photo00.default-345x336.jpg (49.9 KB, 17 views)
landoud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #29
country flag jazz_girl

20/07/04
"The circuit is a meat chopper”

The new physical trainer of David Nalbandian, former of Coria, Jorge Trevisan explains from inside how tennis destroys tennis players themselves.
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...p?pagId=798068

At the same time than Gaudio, Zabaleta and Cañas were playing the finals in the last weeks, the Argentinian top ten were resting and starting all over again. A thing that we hear all the time nowadays are the injuries, and that’s making some damage: Guillermo Coria didn’t defend his titles in Stuttgart nor Kitzbühel (Sopot changed the date); David Nalbandian had to withdrew from Wimbledon. Rosarino, 57 years old (27 of which spent working in the rugby Jockey Club, and also traveled with Alberto Mancini), Jorge Trevisan is the new Physical Trainer of Nalbandian, and worked during 2003 with Coria. Here he describes some similarities and differences between both of them and explains why the circuit is the big responsible here.

—You worked with both top ten. How would you define them?

—They’re both very fast. David has a muscular development superior and is taller, and Guille is light and he’s very fast to go from one place to another. They’re styles of playing are different. Guille is the best competitor that exists in tennis. It’s unbelievable how he creates spaces…I met David now and I can say that we’ll have good results in the hard courts, that he likes so much. What do they need? Maturity in the physical part, gaining more work. That’s it.

—In the last years, the figure of the PT grew because of the importance of the physical part in tennis. How are they with the physical work dedication?

—Look, no one likes to work on their physic. Mercedes Paz was the only one that loved doing it. With Mancini we were together for 15 years, I traveled with him and they told me I was insane; now everyone travels with their PT. These kids are hard workers and dedicate a lot of time to it. They want to be good for real, they are aware of their potential. They’re two little monsters, that if the circuit gets better they will last.

—In the last two years they were victims of several injuries. What are the reasons?

—Look, tennis is an important business, it moves a lot of money. The circuit is hard, and ends up being a meat chopper. I’ll tell you a day of David, like when he played Kuerten in Roland Garros: he trained in the morning, we stretched, he played for 3h20, we stretched again, made some interviews, massages for an hour and treated his wrist with ultrasound. It takes a lot out of the physic and of your head too. Besides, you don’t have to forget that tennis alters your adolescence, you miss parties with your friends, moments with their family, they miss home. Then I listen to the football players complaining that they have to play two matches per week…Here are 8 hours of daily work, and the player is just one, there’s replacement.

—What’s the solution?

—I don’t know how to modify the sport, but I know that we don’t have to ruin these kids. If you enter the medical room of the tournaments, there are a lot of players being treated. If they stop for 6 months, they recover from everything, but here you never stop.

—Coria was talking about choosing better the tournaments...

—Well, that’s why Federer and Roddick don’t get injured: they don’t play as much. They try to maximize and play less tournaments, build the calendar in a more intelligent way. Then the Davis arrives, they get injured and there’s people that ask them how is it that they don’t take care of themselves. The player is exhausted! I assure you: the main concern of any coach nowadays, is try to avoid injuries.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 PM   #30
country flag jazz_girl

David Nalbandian

From thursday to sunday, he enjoyed the rally: he joined Marcos Ligato and played tennis with Carlos Sainz. Recovered from the intercostal injury, he'll go to Canada tomorrow to defend the final in Canada that he lost to Roddick.

Entre el jueves y el domingo, despuntó su vicio en el rally: acompañó a Marcos Ligato y jugó tenis con Carlos Sainz. Recuperado de la lesión intercostal, viajará mañana hacia Canadá, para defender la final que perdió con Roddick.