David News & Articles - Page 139 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #2071
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David News & Articles

Don't worry, I'll do it:
http://www.lavozdelinterior.com.ar/nota.asp?nrc=346575
Challenge of the big ones
Walking in Villa Allende, Rugby & Golf, he didn't want to miss the challenge of the year: Ángel Cabrera-Marcos Ligato vs Marcelo Milanesio-David Nalbandian.

Much more beyond the golf, the four sports stars from golf, rally, basketball and tennis, enjoyed a beautiful afternoon of golf in the lawn of the Cordoba Golf Club last friday. The result is an anecdote. The important thing: sharing an afternoon of golf, something they could enjoy besides their busy shedules.

"Everything started in Aeroparque, last monday night, when I was arriving from Europe, I ran into David and we thought of meeting in a court this week. We called Marcelo and "Marquitos" and put it together. It's very hard to make something like this with time because the scheduales of the four of us are very tight, we're always somewhere in the world", commented Cabrera and added: "Thank God we played golf, imagine me with a racket in my hand..."

Double passion
Marcelo Milanesion, retired player of the pro competition and a great golfist, also said his thing: "To me is a luxury, I'm enjoying it a lot and I like sharing with them, all of them are going through a great time in their careers"

The ex bascketball player from Atenas analized: "the golf, in spite of being a very tough and competitive sport, also gives you the oportunity of enjoying it with every level players and everyone has a good time. It's something really good. It makes you work, but it doesn't hurt your physic. It's a sport that even gives you the possibility of practising it and enjoy it. For example, for David, it's not a sport that will take him out of what he does, there are almost not chances of him getting injured"

No rackets
Nalbandian, one of the responsables of the Argentine victory over Australia in the DC QF, also enjoyed at his best.

"I love playing golf, every time we can we come here with Marcos to practice. Today I had to play with Marcelo, and "el Pato" with Marcos. We always have fun, we have a good time, besides with this heat, in this day, it was amazing", commented the unquillense, member of the Villa Allende Club, where also he's seen practicing in the clay courts.

Marcos Ligato, rally driver, and who was by the trees added: "I come from the shadows, it's really hot...I enjoy this sport a lot and even more being abel to learn next to "el Pato", I love it. I'd like to play a little bit more, but I don't have much time. This golf thing is a hit, now everyone's playing or starting to. I got to play with Cabrera this match, so I was saved"

The protagonists had fun, but the public that discovered them also enjoyed it next to them, taking pictures with them and asking autographs.

This encounter shows the slogan of our province: "Cordoba home of the champions". In other part of the world, this would be impossible to be organized so spontanously and freely; there was people that was in Villa Allende and couldn't believe what they were seeing.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #2072
country flag frula08

frula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, honestly i dont have time to translate, my boss would kill me if he founds me doing that.
frula08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #2073
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry
Old 08-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #2074
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to read that Nalbo's having fun with his friends.
Any news on how his preparation is going for the Hardcourt summer?
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #2075
country flag jazz_girl

I've heard he'll be travelling to Canada this wednesday or thursday.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #2076
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great....then we'll hear something soon-the draw, etc.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #2077
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jazz.
I'm looking forward to seeing Nalbo play again. It's been ages since the DC Tie.
I don't wanna jinx it, but I think Nalbo's going to have a good summer.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #2078
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88
Thanks Jazz.
I'm looking forward to seeing Nalbo play again. It's been ages since the DC Tie.
I don't wanna jinx it, but I think Nalbo's going to have a good summer.
I think so, too.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #2079
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

I think and hope so,too.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:45 PM   #2080
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute

...Five Argentines (Gaston Gaudio, Guillermo Coria, Guillermo Canas, Mariano Puerta, David Nalbandian) are ranked No. 8-12 this week on the ATP Rankings...XM Satellite Radio is billing itself as the Official Satellite Radio of the US Open after scoring a three-year deal with the USTA...

not so much news this time...
complete story here:

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-08-02/d.php

Old 08-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #2081
country flag gooner88

http://www.thetennischannel.com/prog...l.aspx?id=536#

It's old and has probably been posted here before, but there's a nice short video about Nalbo's interview on the Tennis Channel.
The video is under the headline 'David Nalbandian' on the bottom right of the page.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #2082
country flag frula08

frula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond repute

this was in clarin on sunday:

La fórmula del éxito
Sergio Danishewsky
sdanishewsky@clarin.com

¿Quién tiene la fórmula del éxito? El tenis argentino ofrece ejemplos diversos y exitosos. Cada campeón con su librito. En un extremo, claro, Guillermo Vilas, el de las prácticas interminables y el esfuerzo conmovedor. Con otro Guillermo, Coria, como sucesor en eso de tener al tenis como obsesión y al número 1 como única meta. Y en este rincón David Nalbandian, otro jugador excepcional que, aunque no lo admita, debe mezclar en sus fantasías ganar un Grand Slam y llegar primero en una carrera de autos con amigos. Igual de profesional, el cordobés parece necesitar el desahogo que significan sus otras pasiones para rendir como rinde. Al fin y al cabo, llegar a la final de Wimbledon, ser el héroe de la Davis y brillar en todo Grand Slam también debe provocar cierto vértigo.
frula08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #2083
country flag Lottie09

Lottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond reputeLottie09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88
http://www.thetennischannel.com/prog...l.aspx?id=536#

It's old and has probably been posted here before, but there's a nice short video about Nalbo's interview on the Tennis Channel.
The video is under the headline 'David Nalbandian' on the bottom right of the page.
Thanks, I hadn't seen it.
Lottie09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #2084
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this video. David is TOOOO adorable in this video!
Wish I could see the whole thing - might have to break down and pay the extra money to get the Tennis Channel on my cable.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #2085
country flag jazz_girl

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...?pagId=1027258
Argentina asked to check the Slovakia Surface
We have a month and a half for Argentina to face Slovakia for the DC QF. The date will be in Bratislava and on hardcourts between the 23rd and 25th of September. And the surface the Europeans will use is something that's keeping the Argentine Tennis Asociation (AAT) awake.

Today, Argentina expressed its "worry and fear" formally for the court Slovakia proposed, in a note to the ITF. The AAT questioned the hard court of the Sibamac Arena stadium in the Slovakian capital.

It's a sintetic carpet called "moqueta", which is on a wood base, considered the fastest surface there is now. Argentina base its complained, on the complaints Spain made in March, in which they lost by 4-1 in the first round of the World team.

"We're worried about being in the same situation", informed the AAT through a communication, in which they take notice about the surface "it should be used in a Grand Slam tournament or, in a minimum of three tournaments in the professional male circuit" according to the competence rules.

Besides, it expressed that "when a tie is played on "moqueta", the host country should communicate the kind of "moqueta" and the type of base in which it will be on, so it can be accepted and approved by the ITF and the visiting team".

The Argentine team doesn't have a good experience on this kind of surface. It's the same one in which we lost as visitors against Belarus by 5-0 in last year's QF.