Kristof Vliegen - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2003, 11:32 AM   #46
The new Belgiangirl

The new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Kristof!!!
Now take that title!!!

In the newspaper there was an interview with him before the semi's. He was really self-confident after his wins. He was asked if he was intimidated to play Kraijcek next he said "no! I know he won wimbledon and a lot of titles, but Enqvist also won about 18 titles they told me. How much did Kraijcek won?" The reporter said 17 (I think) and Kristof said: "Ok, but he's just a human being like me. He only has two arms, two legs and a head between his shoulders! So it's not impossible."

It's great to see he's so motivated, I hope he will do well the rest of the year!
The new Belgiangirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #47
The new Belgiangirl

The new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond reputeThe new Belgiangirl has a reputation beyond repute

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) -- Qualifier Kristof Vliegen of Belgium upset former Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek of the Netherlands 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-3 Saturday to advance to the final of the AAPT tennis championships.

Vliegen will play Russian Nikolay Davydenko in Sunday's final. Davydenko beat Adrian Voinea of Romania 6-2, 6-1 in the other semifinal Saturday.

Krajicek was making a return to the circuit after two lengthy injury layoffs.

Before the Adelaide tournament, Vliegen had not won a match in a main draw event on the ATP tour.

His only previous meeting with Krajicek was hitting with him for five minutes as a 12-year-old when the Dutchman visited Antwerp in 1996, the year of Krajicek's Wimbledon triumph.

"I don't think he remembers me," Vliegen said.

Vliegen said his confidence grew as the match went on, especially when he realized Krajicek was struggling to break his serve.

Krajicek came back in the second set after a service break in the third game when Vliegen lost concentration.

"I was already thinking of the final," Vliegen said. "That's the moment you have to be careful."

Vliegen took an early service break in the decider to lead 3-0 and closed out the match, despite needing three match points.

Krajicek had 24 aces, seven double faults and 40 unforced errors.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #48
bcoene

bcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond reputebcoene has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Kristof.

Good luck in the final, I still can't believe he is doing so well.

Also good luck to Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick, Thomas Enqvist, JM Gambill, Raemon Sluiter, James Blake, Gaston Gaudio, Marcelo Rios
bcoene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:04 PM   #49
freakske

freakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond repute

#1 fave: "Fly" KRISTOF VLIEGEN
~Well, I saw your face one time, I never thought I'd walk away~
good luck:Kim Clijsters and Lleyton Hewitt
freakske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #50
freakske

freakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond reputefreakske has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-04-2003, 01:29 PM   #51
arn

arn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond reputearn has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the belgians really like Australia!!

The last few years every year a belgian player got to the finals! (Justine 2 times, Kim 1 time, and now Kristof!)
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 04:05 PM   #52
Jeffrey

Jeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond reputeJeffrey has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolutely great and stunning!!! Unbelievable actually ...

Good luck in the final!!!! ofte wel, Geeft ter een lap op!!!!
Jeffrey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:31 PM   #53
country flag fleemke²

fleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond repute

OMG he keeps on going there Hup hup Kristof you still doesn't have anything to lose

Tommy Haas and Olivier Rochus
fleemke² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 05:42 AM   #54
nomes

nomes

I watched the final today and unfortunately he lost but something Fitzgerald said that was interesting was that Kim Clijsters had rung Vliegen last night to conngratulate him on his great tournament and wins and also to wish him luck for the final I thought that was really nice of Kim to do that. They also apparently live only 5 km apart in Belgium

As well as Xavier, Paul-Henri, Kristian, Kristof and ofcourse all the Aussies!!
nomes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #55
freakske

Kimmy
congrats Kristof great tournament !! too bad he couldn't win it, but hey it's only his first ATP tournament he..
Old 01-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #56
The new Belgiangirl

Great tournament anyway!!
I hope he breaks into the top100 soon!
Old 01-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #57
country flag fleemke²

fleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Stoffie

Tommy Haas and Olivier Rochus
fleemke² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #58
The new Belgiangirl

I read it on Wtaworld that Kim had called him! That's really sweet of her!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #59
Lleyki

Lleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond reputeLleyki has a reputation beyond repute

that's our Kimmie

Wow this has been a great tourney for Kristof
Too bad he lost the final tho

Does anyone know what his ranking will be?

btw I heard he'll be playing quallies for the Aussie Open on Tuesday
Good Luck Kristof

[marquee]LLEYTON HEWITT XAVIER "X-MAN" MALISSE OLIVIER "OLLI" ROCHUS CHRISTOPHE ROCHUS[/Marquee]

aka Lleyki @ WTAworld
Lleyki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #60
The new Belgiangirl

His ranking will be +/-110!
He wants to get to the AO maindraw now and that should bring him near the top100!

That would be great: 4 Belgians in the top100 and if Christophe Rochus gets some good results agains he belongs there too!