Clay season 2008 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #211
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2008

OMG, what a tiebreak.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #212
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the same player than in the first rounds.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #213
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he's striking the ball so much better than in the other matches.

The crowd could be more supportive this time, I could understand they were cold in the other matches, but today he's doing really well and they're still pretty quiet.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #214
country flag Truc

Grrrr, his serve is crap today.
Otherwise he's a bit better in the rallies, but he needs more free points.

(Is Ljubicic lulling the crowd into sleep??)
Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #215
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Warning for coaching
Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #216
country flag Truc

Poor Thierry, he doesn't dare to move anymore now.

Finally a 1st serve just in time.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #217
country flag Truc

Do they really need to interview Papa and Maman Monfils all the time?
They don't do that with the other players. During the PHM matches they asked Wilander, it was a tad more interesting than Sylvette's opinion on the match.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #218
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Do they really need to interview Papa and Maman Monfils all the time?
They even do the G/F

So he'll go in 1/4 but we must say that even he had played good today, Ljubicic wasn't the "big" Ljubicic.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #219
country flag Truc

Superb, Gaëlou!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #220
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

yay Gael
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #221
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad he is playing Ferrer instead of Stepanek...

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Richard Gasquet.

Last edited by AgentZero : 06-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #222
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Gael - so happy!
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #223
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, I can't wait to get home and see the recording of this match. I am under the impression that Gael did the "Soulja Boy" after his win. Lucid, my ass... entertaining, always.
2moretogo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #224
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Just passing by to say that, despite everything we can hear, it was a very good match, full of promises for Gael.

But I just can't believe the level of hate and of uneducation in tennis that strive people when it comes to this kid (on this board and elsewhere for that matter).

I mean, the guy was totaly unable to hit a decent volley two years ago, and less to apply a tactical gameplan against a specific opponent. Two things he has marvellously done against Lyubicic yesterday. He was far more agressive and efficient than, say, in monte carlo a month ago. And his long, heavy and spinning shots from his line were exhausting and driving mad Lyubicic. It was really well done and thought.

He improved dramaticaly in a very short time and I am sure that he is just beginning to show us what will be his tennis in the future. And it's already enough to make him go in a quarter final of a grand slam.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #225
country flag Truc

Thanks a lot for passing by, Benoît, it's very appreciated!
Yeah, it was a bit weird yesterday, Gaëlou making it to his first GS quarter, it should have felt - and actually, it was rather painful because of all the shit he was getting for his performance (not just on GM, I wouldn't care so much about it, but it was the same stuff in most French articles too).

You've explained better than I could why he also deserves credit for this match.

Anyway, today's reactions seem more positive and do stress his potential, in Libé, in L'Equipe...
(I know it isn't pretty to watch a guy still trying to sort out his game in the middle of a Grand Slam, I wish he would have done that before too! But it's not like he used to play beautiful tennis in the past and is suddenly playing poorly since his comeback, he played some ugly matches too against Murray or Norman 2 years ago, I don't completely get yesterday's outburst of horrified reactions.)