Date format - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #1
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Date format

Frankly I'm a bit dim and the American date format(MM-DD-YY) always confuses me for a split second especially when searching through old threads

On most forums it's possible to change the date format in your profile settings. There's a "date and time options" section here already but no mention of the format as far as I can see.

It would be a good addition here.

And if it is here already then someone point me in the right direction.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Date format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Frankly I'm a bit dim and the American date format(MM-DD-YY) always confuses me for a split second especially when searching through old threads

On most forums it's possible to change the date format in your profile settings. There's a "date and time options" section here already but no mention of the format as far as I can see.

It would be a good addition here.

And if it is here already then someone point me in the right direction.
you mean, you have it shown in the American way? I have it in the European way (D-M-Y) and never had it in the American way.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Like Henry I would love to know how to have the date shown in the European way! Even though I have my time zone set to European time, my date still shows in the American way, - and it drives me crazy! Maybe I'm dim too but, like Henry, the US date system comfuses me every time I try and search for something. I once even booked a Hotel online for the 4th December instead of the 12th April because I get so confused by it! Don't worry - I did notice and cancel straightaway though I've looked everywhere in my Profile and Options pages to find a way to change the format, but I can't see one either.

So - please Jelena - let us into your secret!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Like Henry I would love to know how to have the date shown in the European way! Even though I have my time zone set to European time, my date still shows in the American way, - and it drives me crazy! Maybe I'm dim too but, like Henry, the US date system comfuses me every time I try and search for something. I once even booked a Hotel online for the 4th December instead of the 12th April because I get so confused by it! Don't worry - I did notice and cancel straightaway though I've looked everywhere in my Profile and Options pages to find a way to change the format, but I can't see one either.

So - please Jelena - let us into your secret!
Rosie, I don't know the secret. Maybe it depends on the country you have detected in the profile. England for sure uses the american format, I still didn't use a country that uses the american format.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Rosie, I don't know the secret. Maybe it depends on the country you have detected in the profile. England for sure uses the american format, I still didn't use a country that uses the american format.
OK - thanks! Well I can't for the life of me think why they believe that England uses the American date format when we most certainly do not In fact I don't think anywhere does apart from the States which makes it even more irritating But maybe I'll pretend I live somewhere else and play around until it changes then! Thanks for your help Jelena and hope you are keeping well

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 04-13-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that's it though... because my location is pretty much never America, but the date is always in "my" format. I mean, right now I have Slovakia, and it's still in American format

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
I don't think that's it though... because my location is pretty much never America, but the date is always in "my" format. I mean, right now I have Slovakia, and it's still in American format
No - you seem to be right Jess I've been experimenting this afternoon, by changing my nationality to almost every other European country here too - and even Australia and India - and I still have a American date format It's petty and silly I know - but it annoys the hell out of me

Old 04-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
you mean, you have it shown in the American way? .
yeah that's what I mean.

presumed it was the same for everyone. very strange.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote