*****************Clay Court Season Photos*********************** - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #91
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *****************Clay Court Season Photos***********************

no, i think it is just the way his body is built and it depends on how he stands.

Last edited by soraya : 04-19-2008 at 12:50 AM.
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #92
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Hmmm, personally I like Tommy Haas' 6-pack abs more. Personally, I think it's a bit of a disgrace for an athlete of Roger's caliber to not have a 6-pack abs. It's pretty miraculous he's won 12 slams with that beer gut. Maybe if Rafa grows a beer gut he can win Wimbledon, no?
MAYBE his consistent body type is crucial in his ability & success?

More than one way to get things done...a six pack only proves you have less fat & more muscle in a particular area- doesn't make you an "athlete"

Huge muscular thighs don't mean you can run fast and react quickly on a tennis court.
Nor giant arms make a great forehand.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #93
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Well said, PartyGirl.
If it were like so many seem to think, overestimating the importance of having muscles in tennis, Davydenko would never ever win a match at all... and lo-and-behold, he's the world's #4!

There's so much more to tennis than just 'brutal force' - insight, tactics, etc. And for me that is what makes this sport so interesting.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #94
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
Not really. Isn't it obvious?
Um, no.

Roger doesn't have a six pack, I don't think he ever did - but that doesn't mean he's not fit. Either that's not the muscles group he's working on (if I'm not mistaken, a six pack doesn't come from being fit, you gotta do X stuff to have it), or it's just not his body type. He was overally skinnier when he was 21, but he didn't have any slams then
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #95
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Um, no.

if I'm not mistaken, a six pack doesn't come from being fit, you gotta do X stuff to have it
Where did I say that he must have a six pack? Where did I say that having a six pack = being fit? Quotes, please.

Jokes aside, we have the following situation:

OrLevy (looking at the pic): looks fit here

EW (looking at the pic): not really. Isn't it obvious?

The question is : who is right? The answer is: both are idiots because they are judging someone's fitness from the pic.

It's not about being fat/skinny/building muscles for the sake of having them. It's about achieving the right fat/muscle balance. There's science that deals with these issues .I believe it's called kinanthropometry (sp?). Of course, we only can speculate about Fed's balance (no data is available for us). Looking at his pics, I have my doubts (just doubts, nothing more). I see a room for improvement in his midsection. There's some fat that he can melt away and turn into muscles, not nes. a six pack.
I don't know how getting tighter/more define in the midsection area can hurt a performance of an athlete who has to be ready to run 5 hours in hot/humid conditions. All I know is that excessive body fat can affect the movement and cause fatigue.

Quote:
He was overally skinnier when he was 21, but he didn't have any slams then
He wasn't skinny at 21. Anyway, it wasn't the reason why he was losing to Henman, Hewitt, Nalbandian; to Horna and Ancic in the 1st round of a GS tournament. He s&v more, his defense was not good as in 2004-2006, players were able to pin him in the bh corner, he did not have enough endurance, and he had some problems upstairs.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 04-19-2008 at 06:43 AM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #96
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
What is it with people's obsession with Roger's mid section. It's obvious in that picture that the wind was blowing his t-shirt....
Why are you always so defensive when people have sth not positive to say about Roger

I looked at the pic and thought it was a horrible pic. I didn't say HE was horrible. It could be the mixed effect of the stance, the angle and the body. And even if I did mean that half-jokingly and he is actually enough fit, he cannot be all good...

Relax...relax...
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #97
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the pic!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #98
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

from krist (rf.com)

after MP
Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #99
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie1985 View Post
from krist (rf.com)

after MP
I Love it!!! Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #100
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #101
country flag Blondie1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
I Love it!!! Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #102
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie1985 View Post

this one is also good!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #103
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

That thing on Roger's face seems to be slowly starting to go away...

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #104
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

it does look like a bite or a sting cos you can see a little insertion in the middle
Old 04-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #105
country flag SUKTUEN

very powerful face in pic~~!!!