nice article :) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default nice article :)

Clarín Deportivo (Arg. paper)

A Bitter Swallow

The possitive side of the short Coria's experience in Wimb. (without mentioning his 1st victory there after 4 days of play) is his new relationship with grass: "I hate it before, and I love it now. I'll try again next year, because Grand Slams are suposed to be won to be N°1, and this one (Wimb.) is very important" he said to DPA Agency.
The Argentine (3) was defeated by the talented german player Florian Mayer 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-4. During the 3rd set he asked for medical attention because of a hard pain in his right shoulder. He didn't use this injury as an excuse and he said: "Mayer didn't let me do anything. I won the 1st set but I never felt I had the control of the match. He (Mayer) played hard from everywhere and he didn't give me any chance to get him out. When this happens on clay, I just wait for the opportunity, and when it comes, there I am. Here is very difficult".

"I'll have a week vacation now, probably in Argentina, to think about what's coming up".

This time, he's not doing the 2nd European Tour on clay, which gave him 3 consecutive titles last year, but, he might go to Sttutgart.

"I will be in Toronto, Cincinnati, the Olimpics and the US Open for sure" he said, and anticipated he's playing doubles with Nalbandian in Athens: "we've been planning this for a long time. We'll see how we do it at the previous tournaments first, but we are thinking to play together more often, as long as it doesn't interfeer with our singles".

About his injuries he said: "The problem is that I win too much and this debilitates me. The secret is to be intelligent at the time of choosing the calendar. Why don't Roddick and Federer get injuried? Because they play less and they are well prepared."

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #2
country flag tousledbaby

tousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond reputetousledbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nice article :)

Thanks for this article...I really like it...
tousledbaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

excellent to hear, too!! it shows he is committed to do well (or win) the us open, because to skip 3 tournaments that you won the previous year means you lose a lot of points, and we all know he has his eyes on the rankings.

one thought i had is that it would be good for him to play on the clay to get his confidence and rhythm back...you want to feel it in your bones that you can 'roll' in your matches, and after some frustrating weeks on grass, i doubt he really feels that way at the moment. you dont want to get in any habit of losing to people you can usually look in the eye and be able to commuincate "i am going to beat you"...that's always effective for the top players!

but its a good sign that he is figuring out that that.......perfect little body of his....needs some rest to be at 100% percent. i dont think he uses that body on-court only and he could strain a muscle.

so defending the titles (and the points) would be good for short term thinking, but long-term i think it is right, and it is mature. (both good signs!)

BUT...i dont know about the rest of you....but i dont believe what he says about now liking or loving grass. i mean, i'm sure he feels like he 'made friends' with the surface a little bit, which is great...but until he can fully play his own game on grass (which feels good, as NOT being able to play your game does NOT feel good), i dont think he loves it. i bet he thinks it sucks. but whats great, to me, is he is UP for the challenge and taking it on directly as he did! he will learn to love it!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:02 AM   #4
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BUT...i dont know about the rest of you....but i dont believe what he says about now liking or loving grass. i mean, i'm sure he feels like he 'made friends' with the surface a little bit, which is great...but until he can fully play his own game on grass (which feels good, as NOT being able to play your game does NOT feel good), i dont think he loves it. i bet he thinks it sucks. but whats great, to me, is he is UP for the challenge and taking it on directly as he did! he will learn to love it!
At least he feels better about it than Marat does eh?

I think he'll be ok on the hardcourts. Markus is gonna teach him some new stuff ya know. See how good Nally is on hardcourts. Anyway, did you see any of the matches he played in Miami? Awesome He would've won if it hadn't been for the deal with his kidneys

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:36 AM   #5
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
At least he feels better about it than Marat does eh?

I think he'll be ok on the hardcourts. Markus is gonna teach him some new stuff ya know. See how good Nally is on hardcourts. Anyway, did you see any of the matches he played in Miami? Awesome He would've won if it hadn't been for the deal with his kidneys
yeah, i recorded the finals. he was brilliant. i think he has a very very good handle on the hard courts. the question mark for him, i think, is how good federer will be playing...if he's on his game, no one can beat roger. last year, fed went out early, but thats back when nalbandian could beat him--like most players who used to have winning records agianst federer; those days are GONE. he is a lightyear ahead of where he was and he was already #1 in the world essentially!

but coria --playing his best-- can beat him with some level of regularity on clay, i am certain, but not on a faster surface. the only other potential big problem for coria to prove himself at the open is going to be making it through 7 full matches without getting the strains. ferrero played so masterfully last year and only lost between a let down after beating agassi and roddick SERVING (not playing, mind you, SERVING) the match of his life. but juan carlos is just not in that killer-confident frame ofmind right now. coria is, even if he's lost some matches. (carla must feed him something he really likes at night that keeps him on target!)

anyway, this time its coria's turn. anyone who doesnt think he has a substantial shot this year hasnt paid attention...he certainly outplayed roddick on hard court in houston --who is a giant test-- and on clay outplayed even federer for the first set and change...then he did tighten up and i think...put too much pressure on himself to have to retain the '#1 on clay' title so he let federer get on a roll. but if he opens up, he can put pressure on federer instead of on himself. then...he shall be CHAMPION of the US OPEN!!!! (then maybe he'll bother to learn a few words of english...i would be more than glad to teach him a few choice words!)
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:18 AM   #6
country flag Jazzy

Jazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond repute

that's a good way to look at the situation - positive

lol - it'll be good if he does bother to learn!
Jazzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #7
country flag gina_

gina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's maturing and understanding that you've got to let go of some stuff if you want to be in peak condition for the ones you're more confident about. It's definitely good for his game...although in an odd way I'll miss the brash, very young him, just raring to go for every single tournament possible.

gina + guillermo
[marquee]vamos guille![/marquee]
te quiero

gina_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote