Recent & upcoming bands/musicians that deserve more attention! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent & upcoming bands/musicians that deserve more attention!

Please!!!

If you've heard of some amazing band/ artist but keep wondering why they aren't popular enough, please put some samples of such musicians here for those of us still looking for substance in the sea of schlock that is beginning to define popular music today.

Any bands with new sounds, courage to experiment, that surpass traditional genre conventions, but WITHOUT 20 million youtube views per song and worldwide popularity would be great inclusions.

Think Death Cab for Cutie before they got popular - if they ever did, that is Come to think of it, I'll soon post their samples here too.

Genre no bar! Talent wunderbar!!

Non-English bands accepted.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 03-01-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #2

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brilliant upcoming musicians that deserve more attention!

I'll start with RJD2

Smoke & Mirrors - This is soon becoming my fav afternoon song (for the slothful spirit).

Ghostwriter

Here and now
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 03-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brilliant upcoming bands/musicians that deserve more attention!

Caitlin Rose

Federer - Isner - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
country flag streetballdude

streetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I'll start with RJD2

Smoke & Mirrors - This is soon becoming my fav afternoon song (for the slothful spirit).

Ghostwriter

Here and now
This is is best track imo:

streetballdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #5
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

How is rjd2 upcoming?
he has been around for a decade or so and his better works were in the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Kodaline

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 AM   #7
country flag nadeeya

nadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond repute

Jessy Lanza

nadeeya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #8

Default Brilliant recent & upcoming bands/musicians that deserve more attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonball Pusher View Post
Caitlin Rose

Beautiful. Reminds me slightly of Sarah Mclachlan. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
How is rjd2 upcoming?
he has been around for a decade or so and his better works were in the beginning
I see you are right. He has been there around for a while. Funny I just heard of him only recently and was amazed by how few number of hits he had on youtube. I am going to edit the thread title a bit to accomodate 'recent' musician bit.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Kodaline

Kodaline is wonderful! Thanks leng. Loved each song on the playlist. Finally convinced you have a life outside Haas's armpit!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #10

Default Re: Recent & upcoming bands/musicians that deserve more attention!

Grimes
(She's apparently with the same label that released Cocteau Twins/ Dead can Dance back in the 80's - ethereal mixes on electronica/ lounge)

Genesis

Oblivion (this has to be one of the best remix jobs on a song - ever!)

Dream Fortress
Old 03-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #11
country flag nadeeya

nadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Grimes
(She's apparently with the same label that released Cocteau Twins/ Dead can Dance back in the 80's - ethereal mixes on electronica/ lounge)
She signed with Jay-Z's label last December, guess we'll be hearing more electronic/experimental and hip hop collabs in the future.

Purity Ring sounds a lot like her too:

nadeeya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

haha oh man don't bring Grimes in here

Federer - Isner - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonball Pusher View Post
haha oh man don't bring Grimes in here
Huh? Really - she's popular? I didn't think so.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

My entry, Female Robbery by the Neighbourhood, got some high points in the Song Game #1 even though I guess it wasn't well known in advance. Actually, also I knew if for just over a month. In February I read about pandora.com, a net radio where you can choose a channel based on your genre. I found that song on the indie rock station. Now I want to share another song of them:

That's obviously been a bigger success.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #15
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Grimes was one of the first artists I thought of when I saw the title of this thread!

Um, I'd also say Clock Opera.

Clock Opera Album Sampler for Ways To Forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNpY7kGMbc

Clock Opera- Man Made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWj1mhx35Y

Clock Opera- The Lost Buoys (music video staring actor Alun Armstrong, whose son is in the band)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQSL3pbnZoE

George Barnett

George is probably most recognized for his amazing covers he posts on Youtube.
The most popular was this cover he did of the song Get Luck by Daft Punk!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0agGjRE080

George Barnett 17 Days Full Album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD6GHe-fV6E

George Barnett- The Red Tape Full Mix Tape (2013)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Q5...id=P9BXIY8hvag
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote