Roddick is engaged to be married! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #106
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roddick is engaged to be married!

Quote:
She should marry someone who has at least completed the educational requirements for a high school diploma
From what you've said his plan is to finish school and go into the military. What's wrong with that plan?

Quote:
AND one who hasn't cursed out her family or been jealous of the fact that she 'ignored' him for 5 minutes while she was talking to friends she hadn't seen in months.
Meaning you?

That's what marriage is about, I've been there and so will you. I know you aren't happy with your friends decision and you feel she's making a mistake, but she's an adult now. I know you have her best interests at heart, but this is a decision no one else can make for her.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #107
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sarcasm doesn't always come through well in writing, but I'm assuming you're joking, right? I mean, the guy sounds like a total creep.
No, that part was in earnest.

I think her plan is fine. The fellow I know nothing about him, and I've not said he's a good catch. Getting married to someone with a life goal that will allow him to support a family is a good course of action.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #108
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, if Mr. Roddick thinks he's at last found The Right One, why not congratulate him, and his lady, for that?

Best wishes to both of them!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #109
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don't think that Andy would jump into this without thinking about it. It's a pretty big decision. I wish them all the best.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #110
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
No, that part was in earnest.

I think her plan is fine. The fellow I know nothing about him, and I've not said he's a good catch. Getting married to someone with a life goal that will allow him to support a family is a good course of action.
Well, from BGT's description, it certainly doesn't sound like a good course of action to me. Even if he has a life goal (which I don't believe BGT explicitly said), he could still make her life miserable. If he cursed out her mother, it's pretty likely he'll treat her with the same amount of respect. It sounds like a bad situation to me.
bluefork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #111
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
I'm more shocked at "Giada de Laurentiis Welcomes a Baby Girl."

Giada! She probably doubled her weight during the pregnancy.
2 x nothing is still nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Andy is engaged to be married.

This is conclusive proof that Roger is definitely gay.
It's time for James and Robby to get engaged now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Maybe she'll make a man out of this frat boy jerk at last

no wonder Sharapova has been hanging of Djokovic like a leach for the last 6 months, poor ho

My younger brother got engaged at 21 and married at 23 (his wife is 3 weeks older than him) and I thought that was too young but they are still going strong 3.5 years after the wedding. Best of luck to Andy & Brooklyn.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #112
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
From what you've said his plan is to finish school and go into the military. What's wrong with that plan?

Meaning you?

That's what marriage is about, I've been there and so will you. I know you aren't happy with your friends decision and you feel she's making a mistake, but she's an adult now. I know you have her best interests at heart, but this is a decision no one else can make for her.
No, someone else, but I was there.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #113
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

nice ring

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #114
country flag JediFed

Just hang in there, be there for her if things take a turn for the worse.

I've been the friend before (where it hasn't worked out). That situation was very different. Friend wanted to get married to a mechanic who had an aversion to steady work. I'd known the guy since we were kids, and he was not a nice guy.

I've also been the guy in love with a gal who was totally wrong and ALL my friends had said that too! I felt terrible, but they were good and were very patient. I apologised to them for being a jerk.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #115
country flag Heavenseventeen

Heavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond reputeHeavenseventeen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
Beyonce in the issue last year and she is way too chubby to be modeling a bikini.
No wonder there's so many eating disorders today. Beyonce chubby? Wow...

Like: Haas. Tsonga. Kiefer. Bartoli. Mirza. Zheng. Bolleli. Safina. Mauresmo. Monfils. Jie. Jamie Murray.

Hate: Djokovic. Lubjicic. Sharapova. Andy Murray. Dementieva. Soderling.
Heavenseventeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #116
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Obviously I have not met her, but everything I've seen suggests she's a nice girl from the South who likes sports and has a really fun sense of humor.
I wish the both of them the best of luck & happiness!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #117
country flag Marek.

Marek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to them.
Marek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #118
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
With a ring like that space travelers passing by will know she's engaged.
indeed. But at least it's classy, not some 25 stone gaudy thing. I'm a solitaire kinda girl (anyway if I were a gambler, I might bet money his mom helped him... a lot )

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #119
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Rogiman
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #120
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, Andy def Minar in straight sets a few minutes ago (guess no one cares enough to start a thread).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote