Roddick is engaged to be married! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #91
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roddick is engaged to be married!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
Actually, she and all her siblings took their mother's name when they moved with their (newly divorced) mother to California from Italy. Considering they were all very young at the time I doubt it was done for "attention."
I disagree. They wanted people to know who they were related to, it makes things easier when trying to get jobs, get into schools (say for instance that good private grammer school or that hard to get into enriched public grammer school that most people get wait listed for), network with the right people (i.e. people in positions of power don't want to meet nobodies starting out, but the grandchild of a powerful person will be acknowledged with a hello and a handshake) and in everything related to trying to climb the ladder to success. I know you live in the Bay Area, but I live in LA and the right last name here makes it easier for people. I've seen it first hand. The kids of film royalty do not get in line with everyone else, they are ushered to the front and that last name is what gets them the chance to get in the room to be seen by decision makers. They still have to be able to 'do the work', so I will give Giada that, but that is all. Her grandfather's name was absolutely invaluable in greasing the wheels of her success.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #92
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
It's going ok with Lleyton and Bec so far.
Bec was the one willing to bend. She quit her tv show and is a fulltime wife and mom now. She had a very nice career that she walked away from. If Brooklyn is willing to walk away from career to be a fulltime wife, i.e. travel with Andy all the time, it will work.

Partygirl rules!!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #93
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
I disagree. They wanted people to know who they were related to, it makes things easier when trying to get jobs, get into schools (say for instance that good private grammer school or that hard to get into enriched public grammer school that most people get wait listed for), network with the right people (i.e. people in positions of power don't want to meet nobodies starting out, but the grandchild of a powerful person will be acknowledged with a hello and a handshake) and in everything related to trying to climb the ladder to success. I know you live in the Bay Area, but I live in LA and the right last name here makes it easier for people. I've seen it first hand. The kids of film royalty do not get in line with everyone else, they are ushered to the front and that last name is what gets them the chance to get in the room to be seen by decision makers. They still have to be able to 'do the work', so I will give Giada that, but that is all. Her grandfather's name was absolutely invaluable in greasing the wheels of her success.
Who is Giada?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #94
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Roddick was married to himself from day 1?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #95
country flag binkygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Who is Gidia?
She has a cooking tv show on the Food Network and appears on the Today Show in the US. She also has cookbooks out. Her grandfather was a big shot in the film industry, so she had an automatic 'in', i.e. like a wildcard into at ATP tournament, when she was launching her career as a star 'cook'. Have you ever heard of Rachel Ray? She is in the same category as Giada, but way more successful, sans the well connected big time family name. Rachel earned her success the hard way.

Partygirl rules!!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #96
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bec was the one willing to bend. She quit her tv show and is a fulltime wife and mom now. She had a very nice career that she walked away from. If Brooklyn is willing to walk away from career to be a fulltime wife, i.e. travel with Andy all the time, it will work.
Maybe that's why they are getting married?

It's all speculation. None of us knows anyting about it.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #97
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
If their name was so powerful why would they need it to succeed in LA, when they already have success built up around them? If you know even just a bit of her family biography you should know that they were never strapped for cash or needing to "use" their name for fame or jobs. I would also point out that Giada was a very reluctant entrant into show business - she did not want to follow the family's footsteps at all, which is part of the reason why she went into food and catering in the first place. It's pretty common knowledge to those who follow her that she hated being in front of the camera and was not very happy in her first year at Food Network.

Also, I dunno what you being in LA has to do with her bio - my mom lives in LA and I'm down there all the time. Obviously rich families have a very noticeable advantage, but that applies to all rich families, and I'm fairly certain Giada wasn't the one who decided as a child to change her name to increase her future successes.

Sorry for the non-tennis everyone.
Anything that adds interest to a thread.

I'm all for every thread going completely off topic.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #98
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm just a realistic person rather than a romantic or emotional person (which I guess is very rare for a teenager) but I think it's a bad idea to get married when you have been together for like 7 months. I have always chosen brain over heart and so far, it's taken me far.

My best friend just turned 19 in February. She's graduated from high school and is now in community college. She's is dating a guy who is 18 and a senior in high school. They've been dating the same amount of time. Now they want to get married. She plans on marrying him and moving to another state while he is in basic training for the army.

I tell her to wait, but what I really want to tell her is, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND!! You're just 19 years old; you go to community college; you work at a movie theatre; he cursed out your mother; he's in high school; he walked out on his last job for no reason; he is jealous of your friends... but you want to marry him?"

I just think young people getting married, in general, is dumb.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #99
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

well, congrats to andy and brooklyn. hope they last.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #100
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Well, whatever, if they like (understatement here. ) each other, why not get it on!!!?

Good luck to the both of them!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #101
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe I'm just a realistic person rather than a romantic or emotional person (which I guess is very rare for a teenager) but I think it's a bad idea to get married when you have been together for like 7 months. I have always chosen brain over heart and so far, it's taken me far.
Most young women are just like you from what I've seen. The grounded ones will be the ones who get married and are happy with their decision. The others? Good luck. You've got a hard road in front of you.

Quote:
My best friend just turned 19 in February. She's graduated from high school and is now in community college. She's is dating a guy who is 18 and a senior in high school.
Oh, she should be marrying a college graduate eh? I got you crystal clear.

Quote:
Now they want to get married. She plans on marrying him and moving to another state while he is in basic training for the army.
Sounds like an excellent plan. She's gonna get married have his babies, and be supported by him. Military is an excellent career plan for young men if they have the desire and the willingness to do so.

Quote:
You're just 19 years old; you go to community college; you work at a movie theatre; he cursed out your mother; he's in high school; he walked out on his last job for no reason; he is jealous of your friends... but you want to marry him?"
Why shouldn't he be? He wants her all to himself. I know you are scared for your friend, but she's not a child. She's 19, and it sounds like she has a good plan ahead of herself.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #102
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes..models photos are photoshopped. SI's Swimsuit edition is very different from the late 80s and early 90s edition when the girls have very low body fat and concave tummys. The current crop of models is bigger in the midsection (not fat, just not as curvy); they even stuck Beyonce in the issue last year and she is way too chubby to be modeling a bikini.
That looks pretty good I'd say. But in the end it all comes down to one's personalty rather than one's looks. Hope the lady indeed has the personality more than anything else.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #103
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post

My best friend just turned 19 in February. She's graduated from high school and is now in community college. She's is dating a guy who is 18 and a senior in high school. They've been dating the same amount of time. Now they want to get married. She plans on marrying him and moving to another state while he is in basic training for the army.

I tell her to wait, but what I really want to tell her is, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND!! You're just 19 years old; you go to community college; you work at a movie theatre; he cursed out your mother; he's in high school; he walked out on his last job for no reason; he is jealous of your friends... but you want to marry him?"

I just think young people getting married, in general, is dumb.
But the thing is, you KNOW your friend. We don't know Andy. He's had long-term serious relationships before, he grew up in a stable home with both his parents and his brother - a happily married man who's only 32 and has been married for several years - travels with him. His other brother went through what sounds like was a pretty nasty divorce, so he's seen it all, he's not stupid, he knows why marriages fail and why they succeed. Brooklyn may be young, but she has a career, she lives on her own, she's traveled the world, and she's had time to figure herself out, unlike a lot of girls who get married young. The point is that it's easy to say "wow she's too young" or whatever, but at the end of the day, we don't know her at all and have no idea if she's ready for this kind of step. For her sake, for Andy's, I hope so. but it's their thing, we can't presume to know them well enough to judge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza = Fed Killa View Post
That looks pretty good I'd say. But in the end it all comes down to one's personalty rather than one's looks. Hope the lady indeed has the personality more than anything else.
Obviously I have not met her, but everything I've seen suggests she's a nice girl from the South who likes sports and has a really fun sense of humor.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #104
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Why shouldn't he be? He wants her all to himself. I know you are scared for your friend, but she's not a child. She's 19, and it sounds like she has a good plan ahead of herself.
Sarcasm doesn't always come through well in writing, but I'm assuming you're joking, right? I mean, the guy sounds like a total creep.
bluefork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #105
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Most young women are just like you from what I've seen. The grounded ones will be the ones who get married and are happy with their decision. The others? Good luck. You've got a hard road in front of you.

Oh, she should be marrying a college graduate eh? I got you crystal clear.

Sounds like an excellent plan. She's gonna get married have his babies, and be supported by him. Military is an excellent career plan for young men if they have the desire and the willingness to do so.

She should marry someone who has at least completed the educational requirements for a high school diploma AND one who hasn't cursed out her family or been jealous of the fact that she 'ignored' him for 5 minutes while she was talking to friends she hadn't seen in months.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote