Ever thrown a tantrum on court? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #16
country flag W!MBLEDON

W!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever thrown a tantrum on court?

actually i was down 2-6 2-5 and throughout that game i was in some grueling rallies... i was having some respiratory difficulties and was trying to cool off between points.. i'd just hit a letcord winner after about 20 shots to bring it to 30-30 on my serve, and i had only taken a little longer than usual and my opponent told me to hurry up and stop wasting time. i didn't react, but instead i thought that would be a good opportunity to capitalise on his frustration, and after hitting a second serve ace on that point he completely lost it.

final score was 2-6, 7-6, [10-7]
W!MBLEDON is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I swear in Serbian. I do it for myself, it helps me, but these are not words that would suit a girl like me. Really, you wouldn't bet I'd ever say it if you saw me The people are usually pretty shocked when they hear me and my coach asked me to stop it several times, but I couldn't. And I've hit my racquet, but just twice. I'm always too afraid of breaking it.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

i curse all the time, but in Croatian so people dont know what i am saying also i have a collection of 6 broke racquets
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #19
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

i also swear in different languages turkish italian being wo of them only on a certain match i got a an italian line judge so n ot successful

and you call 6 rackets a collection i stopped collecting after my first 10 - pleasures of being sponsored
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #20
country flag babolatboy

babolatboy is on a distinguished road

In the state semi-finals last year I was playing a pusher, in high winds, so not only was I mad that I was losing to someone who was incapable of a complete forehand I was angry that the state had chosen a wind tunnel for the state tournament. So eventually partially into the second set I took to screaming after every point I lost, like a loud enraged snarl. Or the cries in the movies right before a warrior kills somebody. Didn't work: I lost. I also when losing tend to yell "Get off my court" when I hit a winner
babolatboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #21
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

the damage to oneself lay,
in the inability to respect good play,
and see past self torment,
to enjoy the battle another day...

i was a habitual racquet breaker as a kid...

my younger brother and i would use a trampoline for a net in a chip n volley game, with the garden hose marked out as lines... my racquet ended up on the roof the first time he beat me 6/4... little **** ****...

i got to my mid twenties and realised that tennis wasnt about perfection... and found that the closest thing to pefection in tennis... ... ... was the acceptance of imperfection...

i soon left tibet and began to spread the word...

i still shave my head...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #22
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

I threw up on court once.

Also once I made a mistake and I was going to scream "SHIT" but I didn't want to cuss so I tried to think of something else and before I know it I yelled at the top of my lungs, "SOUP!"
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #23
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

...oh and then I couldn't stop laughing for like 20 minutes.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #24
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the Iceman.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #25
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
I threw up on court once.

Also once I made a mistake and I was going to scream "SHIT" but I didn't want to cuss so I tried to think of something else and before I know it I yelled at the top of my lungs, "SOUP!"
You'd probably win if I was your opponent, because I'd die of laughter
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #26
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
I have a female teammate...who instead of MF....yells....Fudge Bucket...at the top of her lungs. I laugh

America gets blessed a lot in my matches (rather than GD).
Old 07-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #27
country flag CBjeebs

CBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond reputeCBjeebs has a reputation beyond repute

i have never really gotten too mad, but once i was ballkidding for a smaller tournament around me (which had some good people like blake davydenko and davenport) but anyways. i was ballkidding for this foreign guy, who was decent, and after a certain point he lost, he just turns around to me, and im like two feet away, and he just smashes his raquet on his knee, it was hilarious.
CBjeebs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #28
country flag navy75

navy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babolatboy View Post
In the state semi-finals last year I was playing a pusher, in high winds, so not only was I mad that I was losing to someone who was incapable of a complete forehand I was angry that the state had chosen a wind tunnel for the state tournament. So eventually partially into the second set I took to screaming after every point I lost, like a loud enraged snarl. Or the cries in the movies right before a warrior kills somebody. Didn't work: I lost. I also when losing tend to yell "Get off my court" when I hit a winner

Classy all around. This is why the American youth have little hope in my opinion. Rather than working on their own game, they generally find an excuse to do anything but. Yelling about the wind (it was equal for both of you), screaming after every lost point, and trying to taunt your opponent are generally sure fire signs that you aren't going far. Grow up or find a new hobby my man, as you have no hope (other than embarrassing yourself) as it stands...
navy75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #29
country flag admiralpye

admiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond reputeadmiralpye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
I tend to be exhausted after a long match, not really physically but mentally because I've been giving myself such a hard time.

Just thinking what it must be like for the pros. Probably a million times worse since they're playing for their livelihood with serious bucks and prestige at stake.
they just need ten pints of lager.
admiralpye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralpye View Post
they just need ten pints of lager.
Damn straight, works every time
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote