Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Managers Thread-- New season, new managers needed - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #46
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drikke View Post
WEEK 12: 9 June - 15 June : DTT Queens/Halle/Sopot ( Drikke )
WEEK 13: 23 June - 6 June : DTT Wimbledon ( trucul , Boarder35m )
WEEK 14: 7 July - 13 July : DTT Stuttgart/GStaad/Newport/Bastad (FilipeMB)
WEEK 15: 14 July - 20 July : DTT Kitzbuhel/Amersfoort/Indianopolis/Umag (Boarder35m)
WEEK 16: 21 July - 27 July : DTT Canada (marr)
WEEK 17: 28 July - 3 August : DTT Cincinatti (Trucul)
WEEK 18: No DTT Tournament
WEEK 19: 11 August - 17 August : DTT Olympic Games (Drikke)
WEEK 20: No DTT Tournament
WEEK 21: DTT US Open ( ........... , Drikke )
You know that 23 June is not just after 15 June. So there is also a week 13 which is not wimbledon! There is something like 's Hertogenbosch and Nottingham!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #47
country flag Drikke

Drikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond repute

We have decided last month to play only a selection of tournaments. Only play when it's a big tournament or much tournaments in a week. When there are more commitment and more managers (it's growing allready) then we can maybe decide to play a tournament every week again.

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780
Drikke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #48
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

I understand! But I meant that you have later in the season weeks where you write that there is no tournament. Week 12 is Queens and week 13 is Wimbledon is of course incorrect. That's what I meant!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #49
country flag Drikke

Drikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond repute

Ow yes, you're right but that doesn't matter that much

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780
Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #50
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute

There is one thing I wanted to have your opinion about Rankings. As we are celebrating this week the 10th tournament (actually the 11th if we consider Davis Cup but Davis Cup matches did not award point), we will soon have to decide what will be the ranking rule for DTT Singles and Doubles.

As we try to stick as much as possible to reality, my understanding is to have the ranking based on the 14th best results of each player (whatever the tournament, not mandatory to include Grand Slams or Masters Series) over the last 52 weeks. The Teams Doubles Race will be based also on best 14 results of the year per team.

This is based on rules available here:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...on/rankfaq.asp

As Canada will be the 14th tournament in DTT history, this means that after Cincinnati, the worst result of DTT players having played all DTT events will not be counted.

Does it sound OK for you ?
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:15 AM   #51
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute

I have another question related to the Entry List for DTT Doubles. In ATP Rules, we have the following:

http://www.frankymoser.de/ATP_Rulebook.pdf

Page 76:

Doubles Main Draw. Direct Acceptance shall be in following order: Teams composed of players in either the INDESIT ATP Entry Rankings (Singles) or ATP Doubles Entry Rankings (Doubles). The combined position of the two players (using best Singles or Doubles Entry Ranking) shall be added together and the total used to determine the direct acceptances.

Seeds: Seeded teams will be determined by using the combined doubles rankings of the 2 players. Ties shall be broken as follows:
- The teams with the fewest events played is positioned higher.
- the teams with the highest number of points is positioned higher.

Should we try to stick with ATP Rules ? As long as there are no qualifying matches in Doubles DTT, this has no impact (Direct entry order is useless) but, who knows, if one day, we have to do that, it could be nice to clarify the rules.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #52
country flag Drikke

I've to check what the TT rules say about that, but I don't think that will be needed in the very near future.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #53
country flag trucul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
I'm definely interesed on helping you.WIll be able to manage, if needed, Wimbledon/Stuttgart/Kitzbuhel/Toronto/Cincinatti
Strange that you did not commit to Queen's and Wimbledon.

Do you want to be manager only and not DTT player ? If you are still OK to manage Stuttgart, it would be nice to open the thread one of these days.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #54
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
Strange that you did not commit to Queen's and Wimbledon.

Do you want to be manager only and not DTT player ? If you are still OK to manage Stuttgart, it would be nice to open the thread one of these days.

Thanks
Yes, I had been on tests in school this period
But now I'm on vacations, I'll be able to manage a tourney and play at Sttutgart, Week 15, then I'll travel and maybe I'll be able to play in Cincy
I'm opening the thread right now
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #55
country flag trucul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
Yes, I had been on tests in school this period
But now I'm on vacations, I'll be able to manage a tourney and play at Sttutgart, Week 15, then I'll travel and maybe I'll be able to play in Cincy
I'm opening the thread right now
OK, perfect. Have nice vacations.

Looking forward playing at STT Stuttgart with you as manager
Old 06-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #56
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Trucul I will be away 3 weeks after Wimbledon.

My next tournament will be
WEEK 17: 28 July - 3 August : DTT Cincinatti
but I probably cant sign in. what can I do?

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #57
country flag NoFroz

NoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond repute

edit

Last edited by NoFroz : 06-30-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: wrong statement
NoFroz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #58
country flag trucul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
Trucul I will be away 3 weeks after Wimbledon.

My next tournament will be
WEEK 17: 28 July - 3 August : DTT Cincinatti
but I probably cant sign in. what can I do?
OK, I will add you in Entry List Cincinnati.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #59
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
OK, I will add you in Entry List Cincinnati.
Thanks!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #60
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Now im Tzar! (Jeronimo)

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote