El mago en napoli - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #46
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: El mago en napoli

Saw that match made me sad. Guille just didn't play the first and third set (in the first he won only 7 points!!!!), he was confused, anxious. It seemed he wants to demonstrate to Cips how much he was been strong in the past: he tryed winner shots at the beginning of every point without any ideas, any point costruction, made too much unforced errors. At the end of second he began to touch his left leg as he had cramps but it's strange because they were playing from only 1 hour!!!

In the second set he played with more tranquillity instead Cipolla appeared distracted (his first serve percent drooped) and so Guille played well, various and with not much unforced errors but he wasn't the Guille I saw to the Final of Rome MS '05 (yes I was there)
Carla appeared disinterested to the match, she spoke all the time with a man (I don't know who he is) close to her, maybe the Guille's trainer and she never tryed to encourage him (even if he sometimes looked for her)

btw according to me now Coria is too much slim to be an athlete. Playng with this physical condition he feels powerless early!

maybe it's time to say stop...I don't know what can I say...he seemed hopeless
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #47
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

btw..sorry for my very bad english!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #48
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks , but stop other time??i dont hope is the best idea

but gambit guille is desmotived other time? because he said he was very motived and if he plays desinteresed in the match i do not understand!!!

Eduardo Schwank

http://eduardoschwank.blogspot.com
Nico Massu - Agustin Calleri - Gisela Dulko - Pitu Salerni
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #49
country flag gambit84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho_coria View Post
Ok thanks , but stop other time??i dont hope is the best idea

but gambit guille is desmotived other time? because he said he was very motived and if he plays desinteresed in the match i do not understand!!!
mmm, it's hard to answer to this question. I think he isn't disinterested but the problem seems that he hasn't enough mental strenght to play a whole match
Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #50
country flag cleo1986

cleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond repute

According to atptennis.com, he won his doubles match 6-1 6-4.
Doubles:
Winner Buenos Aires CH 2006/Lima CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
Final Costa do Sauipe 2007/Mexico City CH 2007/ Tunica Resorts CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
cleo1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #51
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond repute

well i hope yhe tournament of doubles can be important for him!!

Eduardo Schwank

http://eduardoschwank.blogspot.com
Nico Massu - Agustin Calleri - Gisela Dulko - Pitu Salerni
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #52
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that's good news with the doubles. And at least it will force him to stay around and not leave already, I want him to play as many events as possible. He got a WC for Monza.

Thanks a lot, Raffaele, it's very interesting!
Carla sometimes is like that during the matches - according to somebody from the old French forum who was sitting in her box during the PHM-Coria drama in MC 2 years ago, she also was laughing and talking all the time as if she couldn't care less, it must be her way to cope with the situation, I guess.

You say his condition is looking suspicious, has he still at least his speed, his agility, his footwork? Or have all his weapons "vanished"?
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #53
country flag Fedeze14_gc

Fedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond repute

that stupid carla, she is a w.... but beautiful lol

guille won in doubles cool

thanks raffael for the pics! and for the comments....
Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #54
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's not how I meant it with Carla. She must care, otherwise she wouldn't be there. I was just saying he's probably used to it since it's not the first time I read this kind of remarks (people being surprised by this attitude of her during matches).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #55
country flag tanga

tanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond repute

I agreed with truc; I want him to play many many event and many matches (also the double) right now and then, if he doesn't improv his game, retire.
He definitly doesn't need another break.

I'm surprise they win their double match. Usually he can't care less that these matches.

This kind of result is still unbelivable for me. did he even tried in the third set?

goog to hear he got a WC in monza.
tanga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #56
country flag gambit84

Tomorrow I'll go to the Challenger another time and I'll see Coria again.

Btw Fran he looked too slim and powerless and so also his footwork was very different if we can compare it to the past. For example I remember that fundamental in his defensive tennis was his choop forehand, one of his "magic shots" and yesterday he made many errors playng this shot
Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #57
country flag gigi51

gigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post

Btw Fran he looked too slim and powerless and so also his footwork was very different if we can compare it to the past. For example I remember that fundamental in his defensive tennis was his choop forehand, one of his "magic shots" and yesterday he made many errors playng this shot
Guille will play his semis doubles match on Friday and not tomorrow...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #58
country flag Fedeze14_gc

Fedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

that's because he needs rythm, it isn't the same tennis than in 2005...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #59
country flag gambit84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi51 View Post
Guille will play his semis doubles match on Friday and not tomorrow...
ok, I'll see him during training sessions
Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #60
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, gambit, for your match reports

Quote:
the problem seems that he hasn't enough mental strenght to play a whole match
that is exactly what i'm thinking. his mind is so fragile and his self-confidence so low that he can fall apart any time during a match. i followed the match on scoreboard and i was pleased and surprised to see him winning the second set after that terrible first. usually this should give a player a boost of confidence for the third, but what happened? he fell right back into his "error-mode".

at least he got some good double result and further match practice. it was a good decision to play with mariano hood and a WIN is still a WIN!
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote