Can Dent put a dent in Roddicks hope. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
country flag tennisguru

tennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond reputetennisguru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can Dent put a dent in Roddicks hope.

I hope Dent will show better performance than what he did in austrelian open against Andy. Being a pure serve and volleyer, I think he can create some problems for Andy. I hope his serves gets going.

Long live king Roger
tennisguru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
country flag Eve83

Eve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond reputeEve83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Dent put a dent in Roddicks hope.

No, I don´t think that he can do something against Andy. Andy is just a great Slam player (FO not counting) and Dent...well, he won their best-of-three match, but it seems to me like Dent is just not playing his best on the big stage. He won´t have a chance against Andy. I wouldn´t put my money on Dent.
Eve83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
country flag CarnivalCarnage
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

CarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura aboutCarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura about

This title is straight out of Shakespeare. See it's funny because his last name is Dent and it's also a verb .....
CarnivalCarnage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve83
No, I don´t think that he can do something against Andy. Andy is just a great Slam player (FO not counting) and Dent...well, he won their best-of-three match, but it seems to me like Dent is just not playing his best on the big stage. He won´t have a chance against Andy. I wouldn´t put my money on Dent.
Yea... Andy beats Taylor in every department except volleying. Andy's passing shots looked good today, had a few BH DTL winners even so if he serves and holds (and Taylor's not the best returner mind you) his own and returns Taylor well and keeps him off the net, it shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't be shocked if it went 4 or 5 sets tho

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

If Dent's serve is on, Roddick will still make him play a lot of low volleys and tough returns judging by the ease with which he won their Queen's QF last year; if it's off, it will be just as embarrassing a drubbing as it was at the AO this year. And that's the bottom line - you know that Roddick's serve is going to be firing day in, day out, whereas you constantly wonder how Dent's will hold up from match to match. He's still the biggest threat to Roddick in that quarter, mind you, which tells you just how soft Roddick's draw is.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #6
jmp

jmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond repute

CarnivalCarnage

No, I don't think Dent can make a dent. I'm always up for a good upset, though.

Andy seems to be playing nervous or frustrated in the early rounds. I think the weather and the unfamiliarity with his opponents may have had something to do with that. I expect him to come out hot against Taylor, though, because he knows what Taylor can do under the right circumstances.
Mostly, I'm hoping that Taylor doesn't embarrass himself again like he did at the AO. Come on, Taylor! Play your best. Good luck to you and Andy!

Last edited by jmp : 06-25-2004 at 11:39 PM.
jmp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 AM   #7
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

well, maybe Dent can trouble Andy, but I guess Popp could be also dangerous, maybe even much more.

You know, Popp and Wimbledon is something special and a Cinderella story... and if Popp's serve is in, he can beat very much players on grass. His all-around play isn't too shabby either. If both can beat their opponents in the current round, I'm looking forward to Popp vs Roddick more than Dent vs Roddick.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:05 AM   #8
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm well its currently 2-1 in Roddick's favour but Dent did thrash Roddick 6-1 6-4 once!
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:08 AM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but that was also Andy's first tournament back after his wrist injury he had a couple weeks prior.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:14 AM   #10
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, quit making excuses!! He lost, he lost. End of story. So they both have thrashed each other once, makes it interesting. Actually Dent certainy has a better return than Andy, so dont say Andy is better in everything,except the volleys. Even though Dent played a nightmare of a match in Australia, I believe Andy had less then 10 aces. Something like 5 or 6, so you cant say he dosnt return well, and certainly not that Andy returns better, as thats the weakest part of his game
Old 06-26-2004, 12:19 AM   #11
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

And Bunk, theres no way possible you can keep Dent off the net. lol. He'll find himself there plenty, mind you, and even if Andy Serves & Volleys every point, Dent will come in behind the serve, and then you'll see net exchanges. He's going to have to hit goo passing shots tomorrow, becasue Dent will be at the net every serve point, and 30-40% on Andy's serve. Depending on how long the match goes, Dent may get into the triple didgets on Net Approaches.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:21 AM   #12
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope its a cracking match! I tip Roddick to win but I hope Dent can make a fight of it and maybe pinch a win
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:25 AM   #13
country flag Ballbuster

Ballbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond reputeBallbuster has a reputation beyond repute

I like Andy in eight sets in this one
Ballbuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #14
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

apparently Dent can't even spank Jaden Gil so why hope that he can destroy Duckboy?

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:36 AM   #15
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Dent limited Roddick's ace count because he possesses a blocked return like Henman and Federer, which means he can get his racket on a few more serves than other players would do - he's still not as good a returner as the above two, however, and the AO scoreline showed that. He'll certainly try to attack the net as often as possible, but trying to chip-charge off Roddick's second serve is easier said than done.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote