Leonardo kirche [BRA] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leonardo kirche [BRA]

Just discovered this thread but I've followed Leonardo Kirche for 4-5 months now (I think I first stumbled across him having seen one of your videos Caio Brazil), he seems to have a nice style of play and placid yet competitive exterior on court - which is a nice mix

Im not sure if you know C-B, but do you have any insider knowledge on why Kirche took a 2 and a half month sabatical at the beginning of this year?

Keep up the thread anyway

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #17
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James'tod View Post
Just discovered this thread but I've followed Leonardo Kirche for 4-5 months now (I think I first stumbled across him having seen one of your videos Caio Brazil), he seems to have a nice style of play and placid yet competitive exterior on court - which is a nice mix

Im not sure if you know C-B, but do you have any insider knowledge on why Kirche took a 2 and a half month sabatical at the beginning of this year?

Keep up the thread anyway
I don't know for sure, but most likely he was doing a pre-season during this period. He and many other futures players of Brazil played tournament until the last week of 2008, so they probably made their schedule to start on the new futures season, whic began on April here. He actually played some tournaments on Europe this year, but that's probably the reason.

Glad to see someone else posting here
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #18
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

He came reasonably close to winning two Futures titles in consecutive weeks but just missed out..

Brazil F6

R1: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (2) defeated SAEZ Juan Carlos (CHI) 7-6(3) 6-4
R2: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (2) defeated FERRAZ Danilo (BRA) 6-4 6-2
QF: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (2) defeated RIBEIRO NETO Eladio (BRA) (5) 5-7 6-4 6-4
SF: BENEDETTI Cristian (ARG) (3) defeated Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (2) 6-1 7-6(6)

Benedetti went on to lose the final 1 & 1

Onto next week.. I'm wondering where he will decide to play - Could it be Brazil F7?!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

He should try some challengers as well, just playing the Brazilian futures he will have a hard time climbing the rankings and facing better players.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Another Futures title for Leo.. Brazil F7 Champion

Brazil F7

R1: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (3) defeated Thales TURINI (BRA) 6-4 6-3
R2: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (3) defeated Andre PINHEIRO (BRA) 6-1 6-4
QF: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (3) defeated Rodrigo GUIDOLIN (BRA) 6-4 7-6(6)
SF: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (3) defeated Jhonnatan MEDINA-ALVAREZ (VEN) 6-4 6-3
F: Leonardo KIRCHE (BRA) (3) defeated Marcelo DEMOLINER (BRA) (2) 6-7(4) 7-6(2) 6-4

This was his 4th futures final of the year and his 2nd title.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #21
country flag Caio_Brasil

Huge title, specially it being in a final against Demoliner, who won a challenger this year.

I think now he is moving onto the challengers
Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
country flag Caio_Brasil

Kirche is finally going to play the main draw of a challenger this week

He got a direct entry in Belo Horizonte thanks to his good results in futures. Unfirtunatelly he got a difficult draw and will face #3 seed Santiago Gonzalez. It would be better for him if this was a clay court, but still he gotta try to do the upset here. Also, you can't keep looking for easy matches in this level.

Big vamos, show your potential man
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #23
country flag Caio_Brasil

Santiago too strong for Kirche on a hard court, 6-4 6-1 for the Mexican.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #24
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Real tough draw there for Leo; Gonzalez is much more experienced and comfortable on hardcourts - he plays a much higher ratio of hard to clay tournaments than LK does. And if one takes into account that this is only Leo's 2nd hard court tournament (the other being a Futures event) of the year, the result isn't actually too shocking.

Presuming that he plays in Campos Do Jordao next week, fingers crossed for a kinder draw - shouldn't be too difficult!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #25
country flag Caio_Brasil

He lost to Hocevar 6-7 3-6 in the first round of Campos do Jordão.

A tight first set which is good to see at least. The important right now is playing well on the challengers and try not to go back to futures which is not an easy task.

A challenger on clay would be better for him.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #26
country flag Caio_Brasil

After the challengers he had two second round exits at futures and two weeks of rest.

Now he's back on track to play two futures at the Notheast of Brazil on the beautiful cities of Fortaleza and Recife.

Hope he enjoys the beaches and makes the best of it to gain as many points as he can and also more confidence,

Good luck Leo.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 AM   #27
country flag Caio_Brasil

He made the quarterfinal in Fortaleza and then won another title at Recife, but when moving to the challengers he had no success again. The draws aren't being friendly to him though, this time he had to play 1st seeded Santi Giraldo in the first round and won only 4 games.

He will have another chances this year and I believe the wins will come.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #28
country flag Caio_Brasil

Leo will play Franco Ferreiro at the first round in Florianópolis challenger. He is the underdog again, but Franco is the type of guy you can beat if he's in a bad day or if you make him lose it.

City is wonderful, hopefully it inspires Kirche on the way to a win.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #29
country flag Caio_Brasil

The win came when Leo was winning 6-3 2-1 and Franco retired, but this is huge for him.

Unfortunatelly he will play Gaudio in the next round. Not only it's a very though match but also my two favourite players in the tournament.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #30
country flag Caio_Brasil

He came back in the first set against Gaudio and lost it 5-7, second set was a complete beatdown.

Today Leo retired during São Paulo qualies