Umpire Mistakes - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
country flag backhanddtl4

backhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond reputebackhanddtl4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Umpire Mistakes

Can you ever recall a time during a match when the chair umpire messed up the score and it was detrimental to the outcome of the match.
backhanddtl4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umpire Mistakes

is this inspired by the Sprem - William match i assume, lol
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
shaoyu

shaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond repute

Venus is being really gracious with all those people trying to provoke her to agree that the umpire mistake had affected her.
shaoyu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
shaoyu

shaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I don't think people should be making a big deal out of this. I can try to describe what really had happened Earlier in the tiebreak Sprem had a beautiful winner on the line which was called out (I was almost sure to see the paint disrupted a bit by that shot). Sprem was not happy with that call but did not argue much. Apparently her tennis gardian angel was so pissed off by the call and decided to play a little prank on the poor umpire
Old 06-24-2004, 07:18 PM   #5

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

yeah Venus was very classy... she seemed like she didnt even care, and I didnt think it a big deal, and if she doesn't that's even better

i dont think it's TOOOOO big a deal, but I think PMac made a good point that every point adds to your mental and emotional state in the match, she did have 3 set points, but, she could have had four. every point matters--every point makes a difference

anywaaaaaaaay, Karolina Sprem is soooo SEXY!

Last edited by Mrs. Guga : 06-24-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
shaoyu

Richard Williams was incredibly gracious too and was trying to comfort the poor umpire But ESPN's massive campaign is still underway.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #7

yeeeeeeeaaahh, ESPN... this is just orgasmic for them!!! They keep showing all this coverage of the tiebreak malfunction. I want to see Gisela Dulko vs. Navratilova!!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #8
country flag YoursTruly

YoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond reputeYoursTruly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I'm surprised that Venus was quick to be very gracious, but she's the gracious one out of the sisters anyways. And Richard who usually has no class, I'm surprised by his actions. I'm so happy that Karolina pulled it off though. She knew she had a huge chance already.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 PM   #9
country flag henree

henree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond repute

I think that umpire should be fired. How hard is it to count 1...2...3...
This is a tiebreak for fu&k$ing sake. Every point is crucial. Much respect to the Williams family for taking this matter so well. I would have been hell bent for a replay of the tiebreak starting with the score 2-1 in favor of Venus.
henree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:43 PM   #10
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just like to say that I am totally unsurprised that Venus was gracious. People like to lump the Williams in together but actually Venus has pretty much always been a mature, intelligent young woman with her emotions under control when appropriate. I'm sure Serena has other virtues

This whole fiasco was a shame but at the end of the day one point doesn't make a match and players have to be professional about it.
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:49 PM   #11
country flag CarnivalCarnage
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

CarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura aboutCarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhanddtl4
Can you ever recall a time during a match when the chair umpire messed up the score and it was detrimental to the outcome of the match.
Funny you should ask. Today.
CarnivalCarnage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 PM   #12
country flag CarnivalCarnage
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

CarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura aboutCarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Guga
yeah Venus was very classy... she seemed like she didnt even care, and I didnt think it a big deal, and if she doesn't that's even better

i dont think it's TOOOOO big a deal, but I think PMac made a good point that every point adds to your mental and emotional state in the match, she did have 3 set points, but, she could have had four. every point matters--every point makes a difference

anywaaaaaaaay, Karolina Sprem is soooo SEXY!
Venus downplayed it because she knows it's her fault too. She should've known what the score was, and she should've said something.
CarnivalCarnage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalCarnage
Funny you should ask. Today.
lol! you're cruel-- always