Star Sports channel is very boring. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2004, 04:27 AM   #1
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Star Sports channel is very boring.

Star Sports, one of the big name in sport broadcasting in Asia, should stop braodcasting live Wimbledon. That's my feeling. But it won't stop.

The first day of Wimbledon 2004. After rain interruption I was watching 5 different matches in hours. I'm still wondering how could they do that ? The first live match was Federer's match. After Rogi broke serve, they moved to Martina's court, she was leading 5-0 or something and when she closed out the first set, they moved to Paradorn's match, watching it for a while, but when Ivo broke Paradorn's serve, back to Martina's match and when it finished, now they showed me Sugiyama's match, then back to Paradorn's match again until the rain came.When the sky was clear. Then a chance to see Rogi closed out the match and back to Paradorn's defeat. Then they moved to centre court where Goran was leading in the middle of the first set. I'd never had a chance to see any whole match at all. Normally it should be broadcast one match at a time. They may want to broadcast as much as they could so the viewers can watch every important matches. But they forgot something I just said. Noone could see any whole match and enjoys it right from the start and never knows what is the turning point. That's very boring.

THe second day was still the same. Moreover TV commercials are always too long. When they came back, it was like 15-0 or 30-0. I was very upset. And would you believe it when there is still a live match to broadcast , they won't show live but they showed players interview. I just want to see the game.

ANy better channel ?

Anyone from HongKong ? would you tell this channel that they are doing something very boring. This upset viewers.

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 AM   #2
country flag jeanie_sin

jeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Star Sports channel is very boring.

get used to it!
you only cant stand their programming? so many of us over at wtaworld cant stand the idiotic commentators
jeanie_sin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:10 AM   #3
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the first day coverage was very confusing, switching from one match to another with no reason. Took away all my interest in following the coverage.

I had feedback to them through email, hopefully things will get better.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #4
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, Star Sports - here in India I call that 'Cricket Channel' along with ESPN. But I won't say that the commentators are stupid though.

As per the coverage, I think they were broadcasting(recorded) other matches that happend during that day, during rain delay instead of the showing courts covered. But all this confusions will last only until the quarter final stages. They don't the Semi's and Final's live.

Isy,
I don't think email-ing such things would be any use though.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #5
country flag gina_

gina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on starsports too and I have to agree the programming was hella choppy! It'll get better when there're less matches though...then they'll focus. Or at least that's what happened during the French Open. I prefer Supersports, less adverts.

Anyway, everyone's big on Euro04 now...I mean they get their own channel yo!

gina + guillermo
[marquee]vamos guille![/marquee]
te quiero

gina_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha

Isy,
Well, they did read my email last year USO, so...but not that I'm putting lots of hope in there
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #7
country flag jeanie_sin

jeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond reputejeanie_sin has a reputation beyond repute

they are trying to show everyone's matches...but they are kind of useless.....the huge asian emphasis meant i only got to watch 1 game each of federer, hewitt, and none of myskina, lindsay
Old 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #8
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Star Sports channel is very boring.

Quote:
get used to it!
you only cant stand their programming? so many of us over at wtaworld cant stand the idiotic commentators
well, I used to listen Thai commentators because I'm sick of those Star Sports commentators since they ,in my opinion, "take sides". Now I'm also sick of my own commentators as they know a little about tennis.

Quote:
I had feedback to them through email, hopefully things will get better.
I did the same and got this feedback. I can't believe it. well, they said..
Thank you very much for your comment and contacting us.

STAR is constantly seeking feedback from our audience to enable us providing
them with better services. We've already sent your opinion to the related
parties for consideration. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Quote:
But now , at least , They got some comments. Let's see.

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:14 PM   #9
akosijepoy

akosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond reputeakosijepoy has a reputation beyond repute

me too...i've been sending them emails....requesting them to show complete matches....it's annoying if you keep chaninging matches...
akosijepoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
country flag oxy

oxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond repute

have to agree starsports sux..supersports is better with the french and australia open....and guess what USO will also be on starsports....poor us asians...

JEFF TARANGO: To say what? "Welcome to the locker room. Don't bend over for the soap."
oxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #11
Bubble

Bubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond repute

Very terrible...
For AO and french Open, I will look forward eagerly every day to catch all the live telecasts from Supersports and hear the knowledge commentators, Fred Stolle, John Barrett comment on the matches and the players' technique.

So far , I can only bear watching bits and pieces of Starsports' telecast... Simply awful and biased. I dun even think I will be eager to switch onto the channel....

US Open gonna be the same nightmare...
Old 06-24-2004, 02:51 AM   #12
gaznev

gaznev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble
Very terrible...
For AO and french Open, I will look forward eagerly every day to catch all the live telecasts from Supersports and hear the knowledge commentators, Fred Stolle, John Barrett comment on the matches and the players' technique.

So far , I can only bear watching bits and pieces of Starsports' telecast... Simply awful and biased. I dun even think I will be eager to switch onto the channel....

US Open gonna be the same nightmare...

AAAAhhhh...I left a similar message on a similar thread in wtaworld. So glad I'm not the only one that wants to throw my shoe at the tv watching Star Sports coverage of tennis. Agree abt French and AO coverage being miles better.
The rain and the sucky coverage on Star Sports is totally spoiling my enjoyment of Wimbledon :-(
gaznev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #13
country flag gina_

gina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond reputegina_ has a reputation beyond repute

I agree- Supersports is wayy better than Starspots.

I hate the people running the show too, especially when you get to see so much of their ignorance with all the rain delays. They don't even know the URL of the wta website...AND they choose to discuss fan's questions like "I'm a big fan of Elena Dementieva. Can you tell me her email address?" Like hello?

It's just annoying. I hate to compare this to football on ESPN but the live programming there is so seamless and professional and the hosts and the commentators actually give GOOD insights, knowledgable insights.

Urgh, starsports annoys me! They need to stop being so sloppy just cuz they have "exclusive" rights.

gina + guillermo
[marquee]vamos guille![/marquee]
te quiero

gina_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #14
monicain

monicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond reputemonicain has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks. And I've had enuff of it for years.
The programming is sooo poor. Commentators are stupid.
Are they really think we wanna hear those stupid commentators discussing over and over? During rainfalls, Supersport would show matches recorded earlier. StarSport? Vijay Singh discussing over and over. Fuck.
Hopefully they'll lost their right this soon. Hate them so much.
monicain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #15
country flag jeanie_sin

i hate starsports!
they are snubbing hewitt!