Robby on clay :\ (congrats on 4th round at Roland Garros!!) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Robby on clay :\ (congrats on 4th round at Roland Garros!!)

Robby is the newest clay court icon??

----------------------------------
Robby is sheduled to play in Austria the week before Roland Garros, where he will enter directly into the main draw

Robby is playing in Barcelona on clay.

Robby is playing in the Bermuda challenger on clay.

Robby is playing in Houston coming off of a bicep injury.

Robby withdrew from Miami qualifying due to injury. Not sure if this is the lingering injury he aquired during his match against Moya in the 2nd set or not...

Robby received a wild card into the Indian Wells main draw!

In his Las Vegas blog, Robby wrote:
I want to thank the Tennis Channel for hooking me up with a wild card! It's nice to know that with the results I've had the last month that I'll be getting into tournaments again with my ranking. I'm definitely going to take a lot of positives from this week. I felt like I did a really good job of concentrating and staying focused, but today [semifinal round] I think I let my emotions get to me and that hurt my tennis. I'm going to huddle with Jose and go over the match; it's been a real plus having him here with me this week.
I'm looking forward to building on my success here in Las Vegas next week at Indian Wells.
I can only hope that he continues his recent success, but who knows what kind of draw he will get... So, he'll need to come with his best, and not lose focus or let his emotions get the best of him...

Last edited by idolwatcher1 : 06-08-2008 at 01:28 AM.
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #2

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells & Miami

Robby helped with the men's main draw ceremony at Indian Wells:

He's playing Vince Spadea in the first round. He's unfortunately lost to Vince the last few times they've played. But my hope is that he feels his tennis (and his focus) is better than when he played him the last few times... but he's admittedly lost his focus before when playing him, so I feel that he'll have to be ALL business out there if he wants to get past him. If he loses his concentration or dwells on missed shots, I am confident that Vince will take full advantage of this, and Robby will not be advancing to the 2nd round, so he better stay focused
Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Robby's been playing some great tennis in recent weeks. It's so nice to have him back.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #4

Robby plays Carlos Moya in the 2nd round today. I just want to wish him good luck, but more than anything, I hope he stays healthy and plays good tennis! Go Robby!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 AM   #5

I didn't get to see Robby's match against Moya on TV, and I was out celebrating someone's birthday when he was playing his match, so all I was able to do was look at the stats when I got home... And it was very disturbing to see that Robby had 22 break point chances and converted on only 2 of them. He had 12 chances in the deciding set alone. Definitely one of his worst conversion rates!

Robby has lost many of his matches in the last couple of years after having numerous break points of which he never converted on, as well as game points, and of course set points. When he allows the nerves to take hold of him, he tightens up, plays his worst tennis, and then loses the crucial points, and meanwhile, his opponents often play more relaxed and better tennis because they see him self-destructing on the other side of the net. But he has the talent to get himself in those positions in the first place!... he just really needs to relax more in the crucial moments. His only double fault of the match came in the third set...

I'm not sure what happened that Robby's arm is all taped up during the match against Moya... he didn't have his arm taped up in his previous match against Spadea.

Robby's next stop will likely be the Miami qualifying rounds as he did not receive a wild card for that tournament's main draw.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

Default Re: Robby injured- No Miami

Sad that Robby will now miss Miami due to injury... This is a tournament that he has played in for the last seven consecutive years, and is one of the closest tournaments to where he lives. I hope he recovers soon... Amazing luck for Robby to finally make three consecutive semifinals only to be interruped with injury.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer, too bad for him. Hopefully he'll take the time to make sure he's 100% fit, maybe get into a challenger or something before clay season.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:40 AM   #8

Turns out that my thoughts were correct... Robby got injured in the 2nd set in his match against Carlos Moya at Indian Wells. When Robby began his match against Moya, he was just fine, no tape on the arm or anything. But in the 2nd set he had to call the trainer, and then he came back on court with his arm all wrapped up, as you can see in some of the photos posted above ^

According to his website, it's a bicep injury. I heard that Robby fell into the audience after running to get a ball back, and I'm not sure if this is when he got injured or not. Here is what his website posted this week:
"After sustaining a bicep injury last week at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, California, Robby has had to pull of the 2008 Sony Ericsson Open that gets underway in Miami on Wednesday, March 26th.

Up next, Robby will be getting ready for the clay court season and will start it off with the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships in Houston, Texas, on April 14th."

Get better soon, Robby!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this can be the clay season thread too, since there's only a few posts?

Robby's playing Houston this week but his coach is in Portugal working with Federer....

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-14-2008, 05:28 AM   #10

Default Re: Robby in Houston

Robby will be playing his first match coming off his bicep injury. He will be playing Dudi Sela in the first round on Monday evening. His website posted last week that he was practicing with his coach in Palm Springs prior to coming to Houston. Good luck to Robby in his match on the slow clay of River Oaks!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
country flag Deboogle!.

That's interesting. So he practiced with Higueras before Houston but Higueras is now in Portugal

Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Robby yesterday =D

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32.jpg (22.2 KB, 15 views)

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #14
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN noted that Robby's off to Bermuda for next week's challenger on clay.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
country flag Deboogle!.

Well that's good!