The Federer Decline Thread - Page 85 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #1261
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did Federer lose his prime forehand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal can hit both flat and with superspin when at his best. Olderer can hit flat, but his pure topspin FH is significantly weaker, there is a reason why Nadal has the greatest FH down the line and passing shots. The thing that put Olderer's FH above Nadal a few years ago is the pure flat drive, which Nadal somewhat lacked. After 2008, IMO, Nadal's FH has become the greatest shot in this sport.
Why does the guy who has the guy who has the greatest FH DTL hardly ever use it vs. Djokovic, letting him get pinned down by his backhand?
Singularity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #1262
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did Federer lose his prime forehand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal can hit both flat and with superspin when at his best. Olderer can hit flat, but his pure topspin FH is significantly weaker, there is a reason why Nadal has the greatest FH down the line and passing shots. The thing that put Olderer's FH above Nadal a few years ago is the pure flat drive, which Nadal somewhat lacked. After 2008, IMO, Nadal's FH has become the greatest shot in this sport.
Not sure when you started following tennis, but your comment about forehands down the line is completely incorrect.

When Federer was in his prime, his down the line forehand was arguably his main strength. He would often finish rallies which appeared to be in a neutral position by cracking forehands down the line and following into the net anticipating the retrieved slice. The difference with Nadal being that he doesn't have the ability to hit flat. Federer didn't need (and still doesn't when he's confident) to loop the ball over the high part of the net, he had a knack for precise timing and feel that allowed him to choose the more aggressive option.

Nadal's crosscourt forehand is the far more effective shot simply because he's left handed and can generate so much spin to create angles to open up the court. However, this play can be neutralised by not allowing Nadal time and hitting flat and hard. There's not much you could do about Federer's forehand because he once thrived on pace and if you gave him time, he'd happily put the ball wherever he wanted.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #1263
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Is he done)

If any of you is old enough to have done Latin, you're probably familiar with Gibbons "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". It took over 1000 pages to achieve it. Seems Fed's decline and fall might take relatively as long

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
Olympics SIngles GOLD is the most important criteria for this.
If one doesnt have it - He aint elite - pure and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
So, Miloslav Mecir and Marc Rosset are elite, John McEnroe and Ival Lendl are not. Got you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
So Massu > Djokovic, Federer, Lendl, McEnroe, and Sampras
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #1264
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is wrong with Roger Federer? Sudden drop in form.

He is almost certainty going to lose the No. 1 spot next week. Djokovic and Murray is laughing in his face.

After winning his 17th slam, Roger's hasn't beaten a top 4 player since. He's lost to Murray the last two times in straights and now Murray heads the Head-to-head. How long is it going to be before Murray starts saying he is greater than Federer in interviews?

Why the sudden drop in form. He doesn't look like he can beat either Djokovic or Murray right now and he is defending everything. Basel, Paris, WTF.

Is this end? It reminds me of how after one last run in 2009 it was over for Roddick. He collapsed in the ranking until his retirement this year. The former world No. 1 and slam winner on his last legs. Is Roger going the way of Roddick?
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #1265
country flag castle007

castle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is wrong with Roger Federer? Sudden drop in form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
He is almost certainty going to lose the No. 1 spot next week. Djokovic and Murray is laughing in his face.

After winning his 17th slam, Roger's hasn't beaten a top 4 player since. He's lost to Murray the last two times in straights and now Murray heads the Head-to-head. How long is it going to be before Murray starts saying he is greater than Federer in interviews?

Why the sudden drop in form. He doesn't look like he can beat either Djokovic or Murray right now and he is defending everything. Basel, Paris, WTF.

Is this end? It reminds me of how after one last run in 2009 it was over for Roddick. He collapsed in the ranking until his retirement this year. The former world No. 1 and slam winner on his last legs. Is Roger going the way of Roddick?

Here we go......

Federer beat Djokovic in the Cincinnati final BTW.

I can't believe I actually bothered to respond to this post.
castle007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #1266
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

*yaaaaaawn*
This again?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #1267
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Depends on what comes first: Murray completely losing his mental health or Murray winning 17 more Slams.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #1268
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
*yaaaaaawn*
This again?
+1, with a bigger yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
Olympics SIngles GOLD is the most important criteria for this.
If one doesnt have it - He aint elite - pure and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
So, Miloslav Mecir and Marc Rosset are elite, John McEnroe and Ival Lendl are not. Got you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
So Massu > Djokovic, Federer, Lendl, McEnroe, and Sampras
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #1269
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to borrow No2e's magic egg to heal his back. Combination of serve botting his way through tournaments and sexy time with a generously proportioned girl like Mirka take a big tall on his back. Noserer needs to improve his form (serve) fast, I would suggest using his considerable wealth to develop illegal shoes which grant him extra 10cm of height. He can be real Swiss Karlovic

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #1270
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lol. How is Roddick's gut wrenching loss in the Wimby final in any way related to Roger winning a glorious 7th Wimby title? Roger is mentally tired from because of a packed year with the Olympics. If you are a Fedfan I am not impressed.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #1271
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

They don't call him Olderer for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #1272
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

it was surprising for me he managed to get back to no 1 in the first place.

nowadays hes only going down and i think he's comfortable with that, or at least it is an idea he can live with. what do you expect? he's won everything so far, is getting old and has a family.

give the old man a break
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #1273
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will probably win Basel and the WTF anyway and shut your mouth once more.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #1274
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Roger will probably win Basel and the WTF anyway and shut your mouth once more.
No. He will not win WTF, you can bet your house on it.

P.S. I think you blocked me, but I'm not sure?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #1275
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
No. He will not win WTF, you can bet your house on it.

P.S. I think you blocked me, but I'm not sure?
good for him if he did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote