The Federer Decline Thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #106
country flag chris101

chris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond reputechris101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perspective on the "Federer decline"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
mug era
that just about sums it up.
chris101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 02:57 AM   #107
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger should take rest of the yr off from the tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
It's pretty obvious what Fed needs to do....

Dump Fat Mirka
If he was a real man he would do that.

But he is too weak and needs his Mirka the Hutt.

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #108
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
If he was a real man he would do that.

But he is too weak and needs his Mirka the Hutt.
I love how you always find a way to make a valuable contribution to MTF discussions.

Federer needs to stick the year out. He may continue to play like crap, but I agree with whomever it was who said that taking the rest of the year off would be a sign of weakness. His actual results this year aren't terrible--2 slam finals, a semi, two minor tournament wins--except by his own ridiculously high standards. If he makes the second week of the U.S. Open and has decent results in Madrid, Paris, and Shanghai, I think he can finish the year with his head held reasonably high. And if he happens to win one of those tournaments, even better.

Then, in the (albeit short) off-season, he needs to take some time off from being "Roger Federer" the tennis great. Nadal really put the pressure on Federer this year and Federer hasn't handled it well. This is shown by how unconfidently he has been playing recently. He needs to rediscover what made him such a great player for the last five years. I mean, the guy has more game than anyone else on tour and still should have the ability to beat anyone on any surface, except Nadal on clay perhaps. He needs to forget about the standards he's set for himself and just play confident yet carefree tennis like he used to.
bluefork is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #109
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ most reasonable post I've seen in a very long time here in GM.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:25 AM   #110
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

may be he still has this mono? in my opinion, yes, better to rest for a few months to re-charge the battery

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #111
country flag JimmyV

JimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is a total mug, he should just quit the game and run an erotic marionette show in a traveling circus.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #112
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

i wanna see FED go on 20 game winning streaks and so forth....so depressing watching this guy walk off the court with his head buried to the ground

Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 AM   #113
country flag Oriental_Rain

Oriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond repute

Its only a couple of tournaments left, why not stick it out and starts regrouping after

vždy budú lepší aj horší ľudia ako ty

Proud Passenger of Federer Express Seat no.80

Oriental_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 AM   #114
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriental_Rain View Post
Its only a couple of tournaments left, why not stick it out and starts regrouping after
problem with that is, if he loses couple more to these mediocre caliber players. He'll never be able to get his winning/warrior mentality back ever again.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #115
country flag crude oil

crude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond repute

he needs confidence, and he needs to take one match at a time. so yes he should play the usopen.

He has the talent and ability to beat anybody on any court except nadal on clay...so while a few losses to his rivals might shake up his confidence, the wins leading up to those semifinal/final stages will do more benefit.

If he does take the rest of the year that will be a sure sign of weakness and roger is way too proud to do that.
crude oil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #116
country flag crude oil

crude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy928 View Post
problem with that is, if he loses couple more to these mediocre caliber players. He'll never be able to get his winning/warrior mentality back ever again.
i think this is nonsense.

Agassi, sampras etc lost to players much worse than blake.

Some people need some serious perspective here.
crude oil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #117
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I think Federer needs to get a new perspective on how things are. You just don't go from utterly dominant to rubbish with no reason. Dump Jose, maybe settle things with the girlfriend (marry her or dump her), and focus on training. I think Roger should definitely retire if he doesn't have the love for the game anymore. He can retire as No. 2 or No. 3 and it'd be dignified but don't tell us it's been a good year. We are not stupid. You lose to Fish, Roddick, Blake, and almost Ginepri, and you tell me it's a good game? Even Simon is better than that.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #118
country flag Halba

Halba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond reputeHalba has a reputation beyond repute

roger is not in top form physical or mental, he hasn't been the same this year..his form after wimbledon(l. to Nadal) has been a disaster.

Nadal is the cause for this lack of confidence.
Halba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #119
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's this type of person. He's rarely retired during a tennis match. But nevertheless I reckon it'll be a great idea.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #120
country flag the graduate

the graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perspective on the "Federer decline"

Its that big endorsement deal that is hanging over his head
the graduate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote