The Federer Decline Thread - Page 75 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #1111
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
True champions can handle both the opponent and weather conditions. Apparently Djokovic isn't one of them. He's the only one among Top 4 who suffered from the heat.
Key word.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #1112
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
Nadal a no-show except in the slams against Federer. lol

Warm regards: 6-1 6-3 6-0.
As expected , u didn't understand what I was saying. In a unilateral battle nadull is greater than fed on Slow courts if they meet . My point is apart from the USO 2010 nadull is pretty irrelevant this time of the year.
The meetings favor nadull predominantly. Nadull had treatment to the knee before MC but he chose to play the clay season. Was successful. He had treatment after Wimby and chose to sit out. Why. Because he isn't that successful at this period of the year for a number of reason.
Even uncle toni said the doctor told nadull to take a rest to regenerate the tendons n ligaments but he still chose to play the entire clay season. In 2009 he missed Wimby. However played the FO. Seems anytime he is destroyed by a flat hitter exposing his weakness he takes a break.
As for RG 08. Fed was declining even before he meet nadull. He had food poisoning any way taken to the hospital never recovered. Lost to his pigeons Roddick , radek Novak at the time.
So he was in a weaken state with no confidence and he tried something different under Jose higueras . It didn't work. Nadull level was high that year his absolute prime that year.
Fed didn't play too much baseline points that match.
Thus leading to that shoreline.
Never meet at the USO,

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #1113
country flag ssj100

ssj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
It's just rather ridiculous to suggest Fed won because of weak field, yada yada yada. He's beaten who's he's had to to win his Grand Slams( and the 2nd and 4th seeds at his last Wimbledon title). He's found a way to keep winning an no current players record is anywhere even close in terms of Grand Slams or total titles. At the end of the day, all that matters is the total record and that he has. Case closed.
He actually beat the no. 1 seed at the last Wimbledon.

6-2, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-0 (and not even finals).
ssj100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #1114
country flag ssj100

ssj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Indeed, but in case of Fed and Nadal, if they play 27 times from now on H2H would be same if not even worse. Clearly Nadal knows how to deal with Federer.
Nadal knows how to deal with Federer on clay, like he does for everyone else.

6-2, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-0 (and not even finals).
ssj100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #1115
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Indeed, but in case of Fed and Nadal, if they play 27 times from now on H2H would be same if not even worse. Clearly Nadal knows how to deal with Federer.
Finally some sense from a nole troll. Nadull knows how to deal with fed. Play him on clay and slow high bouncing HC an avoid federer like the plague for the second half of the year the low bouncing faster tour. Especially when not 100%.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #1116
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's nice to say all that but Novak didn't take away number 1 ranking away from Nadal because of winning an ATP 500.

Fed is always exhausted when he loses. If he's so good he wouldn't have needed to play 58 games to win a best of 3 on grass against Del Potro for which grass is his worst surface.
The ranking are based on a 12 month period - not only dependent on a single ATP 500 tourney.

Likewise, if Nole is so good he wouldn't have LOST a best of 3 (in straight sets) on grass to Del Potro for whom grass is his worst surface.

Last edited by sco : 08-16-2012 at 10:21 PM.
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #1117
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Drop to #4? Someone is butt hurt.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #1118
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

If everyone rotated answering to his/her posts, I wonder how long Greatness (lol) would continue to troll in here.

17 6 21 77
IOFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #1119
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Greatness reaching GOAT level of trollness fast. such a prodigy!
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #1120
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The weak era argument is backed 1000% by stats.
Maybe in a world where 1000% is considered a proper statistical value.

Keep it coming though man, your butthurt gives me life.
rickcastle is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #1121
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's nice to say all that but Novak didn't take away number 1 ranking away from Nadal because of winning an ATP 500.
Fed is always exhausted when he loses. If he's so good he wouldn't have needed to play 58 games to win a best of 3 on grass against Del Potro for which grass is his worst surface.

as far as i can remember, fed became #1 again by beating djokovic in the semifinal and winning wimbledon against murray...

and at least fed is good enough to beat del potro on grass...
Johnbert is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #1122
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

A word of advice to those talking badly about other players.

Talking Federer down does not make Djokovic a great player and vice versa.

Some of you people here remind me of religious zealouts who criticize evolution, thinking that that will prove them right.. It doesn't make any sense!

Novak is a great player, Roger is a great player, Rafa is a great player, end of story.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #1123
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What many variables? Far more skilled players of today would destroy the weaker field Federer faced. You don't need a million variables to realize that Bagdhatis/Roddick/Gonzalez/etc at their best are nowhere near as good as Novak/Rafa/Murray.
Let's see if we can get your creaking synapses moving with this: the point is not whether Novak/Rafa/Murray are better than Baghdatis/Roddick/Gonzalez. Of course they are. The question is whether they are better than Federer, & to determine that, we have to ask whether Bag/Rod/Gonzo are any worse than the people Novak/Rafa/Murray have beaten in winning slams - i.e., the Soderlings, Berdychs, & Tsongas of this world. It is abundantly obvious that they are not.

Last edited by Sophocles : 08-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Sophocles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1124
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic is not in the same league as nadal and Roger.

Roger and nadal are in the top 10 all time greats. Djokovic is one or two tiers below.

djokovic had a great 2011. Be happy for that because as we've seen so far in 2012 it won't be happening again.
duarte_a is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #1125
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Weak era argument is dead. Long live weak era argument.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote