The Federer Decline Thread - Page 70 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #1036
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
The full story is
Mark Lenders had (originally) the Safin avatar.
one day (yesterday i think or today more likely today)
Looner decided to be with Safins avatar too
and then it happened
Shinoj asked Looner if looner can change his avatar back (to Fed i think i forgot already ) cause he is confused by that and he must watch their names to know who is who so ... it happened
Duarte_a changed his avatar too and then I changed it ... thats the legend

well my suspicions were not taht wrong, in the end.

Now it's crazy! Marat is back!
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #1037
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
Anyone can lose to a mug every now and then. That has nothing to do with the weakness and lower skill level of the opponents Federer faced from 2003-2006. All the past greats lost a few times to mugs, but those are rarities, not the norm.

I didn't say in any era, I specifically stated 2003-2006, when Federer piled up most of his slams.

Expected from Federer trolls. Tennis knowledge isn't their strong point.

Yup, anybody can make blanket statements. The difference is in the case of Federer winnning slams, it's obvious he beat much weaker opponents than Nadal/Djokovic.

They also beat Federer occasionally, it doesn't mean they would beat him most of the time or when he's playing his best in the slams.
The same applies to Novak & Nadal, who would beat the field of 2003-2006 most of the time especially in slams.

All I see are emoticons instead of people making valid arguments for Gonzalez/Roddick/Wawrinka/Soderling/Kolschreiber and others of Federer's weak era being better than Prime Nadal/Djokovic/Murray. That's all the proof I needed.

There was never a discussion, just you making immaterial comments about something that can't be denied: Prime Nadal/Djokovic/Murray are far better than the mugs Federer destroyed from 2003-2006.
Anyone can lose to mugs .true BUT not for federer in his Prime.
Now and then ?
As I said we could never know all we can go on facts that already Happen.
Murray lost to Verdasco/ferrer/ Gonazalez/Roddick/wawrinka/nadull.
So from Wimby 2008-12 that is 16 slams. He lost to Feds old rival 5 times,Feds Prime rival nadull like 5/6 times . So that's like 11 slams not counting federer himself.
So u are trying to tell me Murray playing Prime Nalbandian/ferrero/kuerten/ coria/Hewitt/Safin/Agassi etc.
It's fed n rivals who is stopping Murray not the current generation . I don't buy what u are selling.
Novak now and then ?
He lost to Safin/haas/Roddick/Kohlscriber/Melzer/ Nadull.
So out of 16 slams he lost to Feds old rivals 5 times and Feds prime rival nadull 2 times that makes 7 times . I didn't even include Birdshit who won a masters Paris in 2006 and beat fed in 2004. Include that and it would be 8 out of 16 excluding fed. He won like 4 slams in that time frame.
In short the current ERA who didnt play from2003-2006 hasn't restricted Novaks GS haul. It's the old guys in majority not " now and then"
The current era is weak . If old men can become # 1.
Nadull .
I can say his best year in terms of results is weak .
RG . He face Soderling . No GS and a member of Feds "weak era"
Wimby Berdych just one final.Just like bagydatis
Novak just 1 GS when he played USO 10.
That's just how it goes u play who is in front of u.
You guess what they could do. I go by facts

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #1038
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

still with the Fed 2006 v Nole 2011?

amazing

think of Fed in 2006, he went all year losing to only TWO men

his record 92-5

90-0 against the whole tour apart from Nad/Muzza!
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #1039
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

amazing

his record 92-5

U can see the depth of the tour back then with this stat.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #1040
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
proves nothing or you could say the same thing about last year when Nole went 43-0 or when Mcenroe went 84-3 in 1984

Fed had many close calls in 2006 like any other year, he just won them all.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1041
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Novak went 43-0 against No slam Murray/ no knees nadull old man fed. The only time he met any kind of resistance he lost. Fed RG. It's a circular argument it it's what it is.

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE

Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #1042
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Leave the trolls alone.

Their "weak era" argument has been destroyed the day old man Fed at 31 took back the number 1 from his "strong era" rivals in their prime.

now they need more excuses, but it's so difficult for them to find more.

If you think that in Nole's greatest season (2011) Fed faced him three times at slams, lost at AO, won at RG, and choked at the USO, you know it might have been 2-1 for old man Fed at slams during Nole absolute peak (without playing at wimbledon, which is on Fed's favourite surface and Nole's worse).

I don't want to argue with Nole fans, I really like Nole as a player and enjoy very much Fed-Nole matches regardless of the winner (I think they are enjoyable since their styles match so well), but this continuous argument to diminish other players' achievements is bothering me.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend

Last edited by manadrainer : 08-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #1043
country flag Greatness

Greatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

amazing

his record 92-5

In his so called best season, Federer lost 4 times against his rival Nadal. Even at his peak he was still Nadal's puppet.
Compare that to Novak's best season of 2011: All slams won against the top 4 players, with a winning record of 6-0 against Nadal and 4-1 against Federer. Novak wasn't dominated by a single man, he dominated everyone for his 3 slams and record breaking 5 masters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Anyone can lose to mugs .true BUT not for federer in his Prime.
Yes, Federer only lost to the top 2 players in his prime, such as Hrbarty and Volandri. lol

Quote:
Now and then ?
As I said we could never know all we can go on facts that already Happen.
The facts are that Federer was dominating unseeded players whereas Novak/Nadal dominated top players in their best runs in 2010/2011.

Quote:
Murray lost to Verdasco/ferrer/ Gonazalez/Roddick/wawrinka/nadull.
So from Wimby 2008-12 that is 16 slams. He lost to Feds old rival 5 times,Feds Prime rival nadull like 5/6 times . So that's like 11 slams not counting federer himself.
Federer also lost to them. Even worse, Federer was getting owned by teenage Nadal even in his prime.
So u are trying to tell me Murray playing Prime Nalbandian/ferrero/kuerten/ coria/Hewitt/Safin/Agassi etc.
It's fed n rivals who is stopping Murray not the current generation . I don't buy what u are selling.
Novak now and then ?
He lost to Safin/haas/Roddick/Kohlscriber/Melzer/ Nadull.
Don't compare underachievers and mugs to Novak and Rafa. Also, it's amusing that you keep saying "Nadull". Dull as he may be he has been owning Federer and making him cry like a helpless bitch for years.

Quote:
So out of 16 slams he lost to Feds old rivals 5 times and Feds prime rival nadull 2 times that makes 7 times . I didn't even include Birdshit who won a masters Paris in 2006 and beat fed in 2004. Include that and it would be 8 out of 16 excluding fed. He won like 4 slams in that time frame.
In short the current ERA who didnt play from2003-2006 hasn't restricted Novaks GS haul. It's the old guys in majority not " now and then"
The current era is weak . If old men can become # 1.
Nadull .
I can say his best year in terms of results is weak .
RG . He face Soderling . No GS and a member of Feds "weak era"
Wimby Berdych just one final.Just like bagydatis
Novak just 1 GS when he played USO 10.
That's just how it goes u play who is in front of u.
You guess what they could do. I go by facts
I'm not guessing what they could do, their records prove that they weren't threats to Federer and their performances in slams ranged from flukes to inconsistent.

A weak field, an old Agassi, and only a teenage Rafa to spank him on clay, that's why Federer got so many slams from 2003-2006.

Last edited by Greatness : 08-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Greatness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #1044
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think these Djoko trolls are even believing the crap they spew out... they just say it to get a rise out of Fedtards. And by the look of this thread, they are succeeding greatly. It's a circular argument. This weak era bullshit cannot and will never be proven, it is not backed by any factual or statistical claim, it's just a theory that Federer haters subscribe to to make themselves feel better. The level of crap that has been spewed out by Djokovic trolls in this thread has been astounding and really evident of how much Federer has hurt them. Djokovic has helped Federer by keeping Nadal at bay from achieving his slam record... and how does Federer repay him? By taking number 1 from Djokovic and keeping him from defending his Wimbledon title. All this while Federer is 31 and Djokovic is at his prime. Good stuff. Not even mentioning how Federer got match points on two times they met at slams in Djokovic's "best season evarr!111" Djokovic fans will forever be scarred by this. Also, supporting a player that craves so much attention and yet Federer outshines him at every turn without even lifting (or wagging) a finger (remember that article of how jampacked Federer's press conference was at Olympics and Djokovic had 75 journalists show up for his). So let them have this "weak era" argument, really, it's all they have.

Last edited by rickcastle : 08-16-2012 at 07:12 PM.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #1045
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In his so called best season, Federer lost 4 times against his rival Nadal. Even at his peak he was still Nadal's puppet.
Compare that to Novak's best season of 2011: All slams won against the top 4 players, with a winning record of 6-0 against Nadal and 4-1 against Federer. Novak wasn't dominated by a single man, he dominated everyone for his 3 slams and record breaking 5 masters.
Federer was 3-1 off clay against Nadal that year.

Hewitt, Roddick and Safin weren't weak players. Indeed two of them have winning records over Nole.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1046
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

Hewitt, Roddick and Safin weren't weak players. Indeed two of them have winning records over Nole.
jajaja , murray in 2009 against roddick too.

guys like davydenko , gonzalez , roddick , safin , coria , nalbandian , hewitt , ferrero , blake and more were much more difficult players than ferrer , tipsarevic , berdych , almagro or mugnaco!!!!

hewitt winning sets against nole in australia and olympics ajaja , semiretired hewitt!! or 34 years old haas winning a set against nole
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #1047
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So it's better to lose to Nishikori and Tipsarevic than to Nadal in clay TMS finals ?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #1048
country flag Greatness

Greatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
I really don't think these Djoko trolls are even believing the crap they spew out... they just say it to get a rise out of Fedtards. And by the look of this thread, they are succeeding greatly. It's a circular argument. This weak era bullshit cannot and will never be proven, it is not backed by any factual or statistical claim, it's just a theory that Federer haters subscribe to to make themselves feel better. The level of crap that has been spewed out by Djokovic trolls in this thread has been astounding and really evident of how much Federer has hurt them. Djokovic has helped Federer by keeping Nadal at bay from achieving his slam record... and how does Federer repay him? By taking number 1 from Djokovic and keeping him from defending his Wimbledon title. All this while Federer is 31 and Djokovic is at his prime. Good stuff. Not even mentioning how Federer got match points on two times they met at slams in Djokovic's "best season evarr!111" Djokovic fans will forever be scarred by this. Also, supporting a player that craves so much attention and yet Federer outshines him at every turn without even lifting (or wagging) a finger (remember that article of how jampacked Federer's press conference was at Olympics and Djokovic had 75 journalists show up for his). So let them have this "weak era" argument, really, it's all they have.
The weak era argument is backed 1000% by stats. You had players like Gonzalez making a slam final and never doing it again. You had Roddick losing several times at Wimbledon to Federer being proof of how good Federer was.

That's hilarious considering that a 19 year old Murray straight-setted Roddick in Wimbledon 2006. Why would I be impressed that Prime Federer was beating Roddick if baby Murray could do it when Roddick was still at his best? There is nothing to support the claim that he era was strong, it was just mugs and old players from the Sampras times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal beat him in Dubai, which has fast hardcourts at a time when Nadal was a mug on that surface. Says a lot about prime Federer to be beaten on fast hardcourts by a clay courter.

Quote:
Safin was the exception but tennis wasn't a priority. The rest have fluke wins over Novak, as evidenced by how much they have achieved against the top players and in slams.
Greatness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #1049
country flag luie

Quote:

Yes, Federer only lost to the top 2 players in his prime, such as Hrbarty and Volandri. lol

The facts are that Federer was dominating unseeded players whereas Novak/Nadal dominated top players in their best runs in 2010/2011.

Don't compare underachievers and mugs to Novak and Rafa. Also, it's amusing that you keep saying "Nadull". Dull as he may be he has been owning Federer and making him cry like a helpless bitch for years.

I'm not guessing what they could do, their records prove that they weren't threats to Federer and their performances in slams ranged from flukes to inconsistent.

A weak field, an old Agassi, and only a teenage Rafa to spank him on clay, that's why Federer got so many slams from 2003-2006.
Same old garbage u are saying. Fed didn't lose a slam to harbarty and volandri. Or any mug during his Prime. U are just throwing around names that fed faced that is not grounded in reality.
Tell me what happen on the ground facts , not hypothetical scenarios . Fact is nadull/ Novak/ Murray is having trouble beating Feds second tier rivals . He ! He!
Young nadull . Nadull was a multi- slam winner and finalist from 04-06.
He was a young bloomer. There is even players who won slams before nadull.
For a simplistic and physical game like nadull the younger the better for a clay courter.
That why he won so much on all surfaces in 2005 and since 2010 can only win on clay his body is breaking down and he can play his grinding game when injuries come.
Nadull hasnt won a title of clay in what will be in more than 2 years. In 2005/ 2006 he was winning on all surfaces.even though it was faster.If nadull is not of Feds generation then fed has no major rival because nadull is from a subsequent generation and thus will have the advantage in the rivalry .
U can't face the fact that nadull/ Novak routinely lose to mugs and fed don't especially in his Prime.
Novak and Murray are susceptible to big serves and power players. Back the his gluten free didn't would not be worth anything because grinding wasn't rewarding and pushing etc.
U fail to answer , just repeating the same thing over and over again.
Nadull face Soderling no GS. Birdshit. 1 final, 1 SF. Just like baghdatis.
Novak 1 slam , benefitted from a triocki choke and a fed choke. That year he was serving more double faults than aces.
In 2011 Novak face (revert) to clay courter nadull. He wasn't winning any off clay. And not only losing to Novak other mugs.he lost to olderer.
Nadull wasn't wining anything off clay and Novak lost to him at RG.
He beat no- slam Murray.
Fed has been more successful in his decline than Murray n Novak in their Prime.
Fed won 9 slams 03-06 and 8 slams from07-12. Pretty even whatever "era" or category u chose.
So u think nadull/ Murray / Novak stood a chance against Agassi in 2003.
Ok then at the AO at his favorite slam when they can't beat random mugs.
Get some tennis knowledge and come back mate.

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE

Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #1050
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The weak era argument is backed 1000% by stats. You had players like Gonzalez making a slam final and never doing it again. You had Roddick losing several times at Wimbledon to Federer being proof of how good Federer was.

That's hilarious considering that a 19 year old Murray straight-setted Roddick in Wimbledon 2006. Why would I be impressed that Prime Federer was beating Roddick if baby Murray could do it when Roddick was still at his best? There is nothing to support the claim that he era was strong, it was just mugs and old players from the Sampras times.

Nadal beat him in Dubai, which has fast hardcourts at a time when Nadal was a mug on that surface. Says a lot about prime Federer to be beaten on fast hardcourts by a clay courter.

Safin was the exception but tennis wasn't a priority. The rest have fluke wins over Novak, as evidenced by how much they have achieved against the top players and in slams.
maybe the fluke was the 2011 of djokovic.

nadal in 2005 won madrid , an indoor tournament.......

that roddick in that fast grass can defeat nole easily , djokovic winning wimbledon from the baseline with zero grass court tennis was bad for this sport
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote