The Federer Decline Thread - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #421
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sampras: "I don't see any decline in Federer" Do you agree?

i will settle this right now.

tell sampy to take a damn hike. and let him know that if we need an opinion, we will give him one.

collective genius of ejacustan can teach him all about the sport he failed to learn as a touring pro.

all he has to do now is learn to read.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #422
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Not really...when Nole is 31 no one will be going around declaring he's as god as he was in 2011/2012. At that age he will be beaten on a regular basis by fitter, faster and stronger players. It will not be a shame to admit that at 31 Nole is not nearly as good as he was at 24/25...so why the different standards for Roger

To cheat aging is a power only one has achieved but if we work together I am sure we can discover the secret...
Sampras says so and many other legends and also pundits, why should they be wrong?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

2011-13: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * +
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #423
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Sampras says so and many other legends and also pundits, why should they be wrong?
Because their #1 Agenda is "Promoting The Sport", never mind what actually happens and whether whatever they say rings any truth.

It's called 'Marketing'.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #424
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
legendas have their own agendas. hope this helps.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #425
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because they themselves have never managed to cheat the aging process. They are wrong. Like I said, to cheat the aging process is a power only one has achieved, so unless Pete is that person he has no idea what he's talking about IF he was being dead serious at all and the jury's still out on that one

If you can confidently say that age will have nothing to do with Nole and Rafa losing matches when they are 31 years old then it would be fair to say the same about Roger. However most people are not willing to say Rafa and Nole and quite frankly all the top 100 players will maintain the same level of play, unhindered by age/ wear and tear for 10 years. Why is Roger being treated differently from all the players of his generation? Where are they now ?. It is testament to his greatness that he has managed to stay at the top for this long but to say that being a top 3 player is indicative of time, wear and tear having zero to do with his loses is stretching it a bit in my opinion.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #426
country flag Greatness

Greatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

Reaction speed isn't to do with thinking, it's when you move your racket to the BALL!
That's why he doesn't strike it flat as well as he used to be because he's a step slower when he tries to take the ball early.

That's nothing to do with the mind.
It's fun seeing people laughing at themselves.

"It's when you move your racket to the ball!!!".
Before your arm can move anywhere, you brain has to send signals to it first. All reactions involve thinking before the action takes place, which is why it's stupid to say Federer's reaction time is slower unless you want to argue that's he's retarded or can't think as fast as he used to.
Besides, Federer has been playing tennis for ages, his muscle memory must be incredible, which means less thinking about the motion and faster reactions.

You would have been better off arguing that Federer is more impatient due to his opponents fustrating him with their defense and that affects the timing of his shots; he wants to end the point too quickly and ends up mishitting the ball. That makes a lot more sense than your drivel about reaction speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Tennis professionals who are PROMOTING THE SPORT, yeah.
Truth can be present in the promotion of any sport. Glad to see the past greats giving credit where it's due.
Greatness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #427
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What are you saying man? you don't have a clue. Most wins happened when Nole was too young (ie. 18 years old) or off his game (2010). Nole has won against peak Roger and peak Rafa many times. Take the bandage off your eyes.
yes , he won , but in slams or finals???? very few in that years , only semi against monofed in 2008 , he could won some matches but in the big tournys , he always lost against roger or rafa.

nole was too young , off his game and more...excuses.

you say that , and other can say that federer is old and is not the same than in 2004-2007 or that nadal is not the same of 2008 or 2010.

you must to take the bandage off your eyes , you can`t say that federer in his peak years would be dominated in fast courts by nole , if in his 30 and in an more slow court like us open 2010 and 2011 federer had in all matchpoints
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #428
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
legendas have their own agendas. hope this helps.
Why? explain it to me. Why do they need to do this? what do they gain?

2011-13: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * +
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #429
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post

Before your arm can move anywhere, you brain has to send signals to it first. All reactions involve thinking before the action takes place, which is why it's stupid to say Federer's reaction time is slower unless you want to argue that's he's retarded or can't think as fast as he used to.
Besides, Federer has been playing tennis for ages, his muscle memory must be incredible, which means less thinking about the motion and faster reactions.

You would have been better off arguing that Federer is more impatient due to his opponents fustrating him with their defense and that affects the timing of his shots; he wants to end the point too quickly and ends up mishitting the ball. That makes a lot more sense than your drivel about reaction speed.

Truth can be present in the promotion of any sport. Glad to see the past greats giving credit where it's due.
Exactly. Great post.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #430
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Just when you think you've seen and read it all on MTF a gem like this pops up to remind you really ain't seen nothing yet Who knew the older one gets the faster they become due to muscle memory Damn, if only all those retired clowns realised this simple truth
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #431
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. Great post.
It's a great post because it supports your beliefs, I guess.

"Simple reaction time shortens from infancy into the late 20s, then increases slowly until the 50s and 60s, and then lengthens faster as the person gets into his 70s and beyond"

"A University of Michigan study suggests that, as we age, our brain connections break down, slowing up our physical response times."

http://biae.clemson.edu/bpc/bp/lab/110/reaction.htm#Age
http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/09...ime/18031.html

Reaction time does slow with age. Whether that's an issue with Federer is another question. Still, it might be worth asking why tennis players generally retire at around 30, if they're just as able as they used to be.
Singularity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #432
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What a piece of utter garbage. (Insert Clay Death's comment about taking this outside and whatnot)

If I'm 20 and I try to run, chances are I'll be faster than when I am 30 or 40. That's got fuck all to do with what my brain's telling me to do, it's to do with the freaking body not being as athletic and because it has wore down with age.

Brain? Behave. Noletards liking your comments make no difference either, they're just tards aligning no matter how much crap one of them spouts.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #433
country flag Allez

When Nole is losing matches at 31 most of his fans will probably refuse to believe he is being beaten at his peak (i.e. same level as 2011). Sad that the same curtsey can't be extended to the current old man of tennis.

All those years Federer was beating Agassi no sane Federer fan was was oblivious to the impact age had on Agassi's game. I can't recall anyone claiming Federer was beating Agassi at his prime . It didn't matter. Roger didn't have to beat a peak Agassi in order to create his own legendary story. No one is saying Roger is not a GOAT because he was beating an old Agassi

Also why is it that the most vociferous defenders of the notion of Federer still being at his peak...an eternal peak... are not even his fans Something smells fishy.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #434
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

There's no Fed fan who claims he's at his peak, because most of us have seen him dominate with lighting footwork whilst Noletards started watching the old man in 2010, latest 2011 .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #435
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

The claim rejects the physical reality of sport.

With age the body recovers slower, reactions and parts of the body such as the back suffer more problems.

All top players in the history of tennis have declined with age, so obviously applies to Federer as well.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 13 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 26 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 18 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote