ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008 - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #256
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal View Post
Do you really think there'll be a year-ending tournament, in Shanghai, this year?
I'm sorry?
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #257
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal View Post
Do you really think there'll be a year-ending tournament, in Shanghai, this year?
Er - why not

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #258
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
I'm sorry?

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #259
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Er - why not
http://<font color="red"><b>http://w...TvU</b></font>
^^-My original surf-in point?...searching HAARP-^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wQU2OTSWA
^^--better link--^^
Tags, on this youtube vid: "9.11" "Benjamin" "Fulford" "Reports" "From" "Tokyo" "WTC" "World" "Trade" "Center" "Attacks" "911" "Horrors" "LethalKillingMachine"

(That last was the name of the youtube poster who upoaded the video concerned.)

There are a lot of youtube videos that theorize that the Chinese Sichuan earthquake, was created, by H.A.A.R.P..

That's right, a technologically-created disaster.

The particular text, alongside "LethalKillingMachine"s vid read:
Quote:
China Orders Strike Against US For Catastrophic Earthquake

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Russian Foreign Ministry reports are stating today the Prime Minister Putin's 'sudden' diplomatic trip to France was made at the behest of China's President Hu in order to 'warn' the European Union not to become involved with the US following what is widely expected to be a 'retaliatory strike' against the United States, and who the Chinese military has blamed for the catastrophic May 12th earthquake that has killed nearly 90,000 human beings.

Chinese and Russian Military scientists, these reports say, are concurring with Canadian researcher, and former Asia-Pacific Bureau Chief of Forbes Magazine, Benjamin Fulford, who in a very disturbing video released from his Japanese offices to the American public, details how the United States attacked China by the firing of a 90 Million Volt Shockwave from the Americans High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) facilities in Alaska.

So powerful was this Shockwave, Britain's Times Online News Service is reporting that the entire atmosphere over the Chinese earthquake zone became mysteriously changed 30 minutes prior to the 8.0 Magnitude Trembler

"Can clouds predict earthquakes? YouTube has footage of strange multicoloured clouds seen just before the recent earthquake struck Sichuan province in China.

The first impression is of a rainbow smeared on to small scraps of clouds, a phenomenon best known in a circumzenithal halo. This is created when sunlight shines through cirrus clouds full of tiny hexagonal ice crystals shaped like plates. The crystals behave like glass prisms, splitting the light into a bow with the colours of the spectrum, often brighter than a rainbow.

But one puzzle is that the colours in the Chinese clouds were upside down from a normal circumzenithal halo -- red pointing towards the horizon and blue towards the Sun, instead of the other way round."

Russian scientists are further speculating that the United States strike against China was 'exactly timed' to coincide with the dangerous experiments ongoing at Large Hadron Collider for the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), and which we had previously reported on in our May 13th report titled "CERN 'Nailed Heart Of Earth' With China Quake, Chilean Volcano".

Russian Military Analysts note that though China's Military has ordered its vast submarine fleet to 'disperse' throughout the Pacific Ocean, the Chinese 'attack' against the United States would, most likely, take a form of economic warfare instead of an actual clashing of forces.

More disturbing, however, in these reports is China's urging of both Syria and Turkey not to allow more water into mighty rivers of the Euphrates and Tigris, which the Iraqis are warning are running dry due to the severe drought in that war-torn Nation.

The importance of this latest move by China is the newly signed Defense Pact signed between Iran and Syria which would allow Chinese Military Forces permission to use Iranian territory to come to the aid of Syria.

It should be further noted that the Christian Bibles New Testament Book of Revelations (Chapter 16, Verse 12) prophesied that the Euphrates will dry up in preparation for the Battle of Armageddon and would be crossed by an Eastern Army of 200 million soldiers, of which in our World today only China is able to field and have the ability to reach by land alone.

As the United States and China battle for their very survival in a World becoming increasing volatile due to the rapidly growing shortages of both food and fuel, one does indeed wonder if the End Times are now upon us all.

© May 30, 2008 EU and US all rights reserved.

[Ed. Note: The United States government actively seeks to find, and silence, any and all opinions about the United States except those coming from authorized government and/or affiliated sources, of which we are not one. No interviews are granted and very little personal information is given about our contributors, or their sources, to protect their safety.]

v=KKMTSDzU1Z4
...and there are a lot of things in the financial world I DO NOT understand, but...China does hold a lot of our dollars. {bolding in quote box mine.}

Nothing to worry about, though.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link

Last edited by Richard_from_Cal : 10-05-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: shorter link, better grammar
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #260

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

This video, seems to claim that the Niigata earthquake of 2007 was extortion.

^^--also, at 3:50, there are rainbows in the clouds--^^
(Claimed effect of microwaves.)

I don't know. Jr. College dropout, here.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #261
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

:retard: Keep that shit of this thread.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
:retard: Keep that shit of this thread.
El Burro's thread. Don't like a question? Have a different opinion?? Need to go crying to a mod because somebody asked a dangerous question?

I can't bring myself to care, greatly. 68 to 69 thousand Chinese, dead...allegedly because of MY COUNTRY's technology...and all you got is shit talk.

Mind you, I don't want to kill the thread. Or take it over.--

Richard_from_Cal wrote:
Quote:
I don't know. Jr. College dropout, here.
Politics MAY be the art of whining 'til you have the most people following you. I was never very good at it.

I DO NOT want to marshal attention via fear! The Messiah who is good said "let yourself not be troubled or afraid." --I just stumbled upon this stuff following my usual paranoiac bent. This is scary stuff, whether it has any effect on Pro Tennis, or not. But He is good, and in control...what his plan is in all this I DON'T know...

-=-=-=-=-=-

Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #263
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry, according to Nostradamus and the Mayans, we have till 2012

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #264
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, the end of an interesting week...where did Berdych come from? His Tokyo title run earns him a 10 spot leap to #19, but he is 88pts off Blake...a particularly large margin when you consider that he isn't playing this week. Del Potro was his victim in the final, and the red-hot Argentine finally moves ahead of Wawrinka, and, in fact, just 2pts off Blake...so the heat is very much on!

In a week of minor surprises, the Metz final pitted Tursunov against Mathieu...the brainless, ball-bashing Russian () prevailed, and, in doing so, earned him a 6 spot leap to #21. Mathieu only moved up 2 places, but, importantly for him, closed the points gap right down on the tightly-knit group in front of him (#24-28 separated by a mere 10pts).

Honourable mentions also go to Gasquet, whose Tokyo SF run gets him back into the top 20, and the new French kid on the block, Adrian Mannarino (#141 in the Race).
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #265
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

6th - 12th October 2008.

(2/5 weeks to the end of the regular season).

This week: Stockholm (45pts), Moscow and Vienna (50pts).

Profiling the players with at least an outside shot of a Shanghai place (bar = 100pts from #8):

(+110) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS): MOSCOW - needs F to make any points gain (+13, to max. +28)
(+47) Andy Roddick (USA): not playing
(+30) David Ferrer (ESP): not playing
(+2) James Blake (USA): not playing
(-2) Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG): VIENNA - could score full 50pts on offer
(-23) Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI): VIENNA - needs R2 to make any points gain (+2, to max. +47)
(-30) Fernando Gonzalez (CHI): VIENNA - needs QF to make any points gain (+4, to max. +42)
(-48) Gilles Simon (FRA): VIENNA - needs QF to make any points gain (+2, to max. +40)
(-54) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA): not playing
(-56) Fernando Verdasco (ESP): VIENNA - needs QF to make any points gain (+4, to max. +42)
(-56) Nicolas Almagro (ESP): not playing
(-70) Igor Andreev (RUS): MOSCOW - needs QF to make any points gain (+2, to max. +40)
(-83) Mardy Fish (USA): not playing
(-84) Tommy Robredo (ESP): VIENNA - needs QF to make any points gain (+4, to max. +42)
(-88) Tomas Berdych (CZE): not playing
(-92) Richard Gasquet (FRA): not playing
(-94) Dmitry Tursunov (RUS): MOSCOW - needs QF to make any points gain (+7, to max. +45)
(-99) Radek Stepanek (CZE): VIENNA - needs R2 to make any points gain (+2, to max. +47)
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #266
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

With Blake pulling out of Vienna this week, a win for Del Potro guarantees him to move ahead of the American, and if he could win this week, he could move up as high as 6th!

Wawrinka will need to get to the final to pass Blake, but semifinals will leave him just one point behind.

Gonzalez, Verdasco, Robredo, Simon and Andreev are the others in the top 20 in action. Andreev is an interesting case as the #2 seed, as even a finals loss, playing to his seed, he could get to within 40-50 points of the group battling for the final spots, certainly within reach.

Others from outside the top 20 that could make things more interesting with a win are Nalbandian, Tursunov and Monfils, but even a win could easily leave these guys as much as 50 points short. All in all, looks like a fun week
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #267
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

One week down, and just 4 left to go...

Above, you'll find the 2nd edition of my guide to necessary player performances this week, and I have kept the bar at 100pts from #8, as there are still plenty of points left to play for (max. 300pts for a player like Del Potro). You'll notice that I profiled 10 outsiders, last week...this week, 14 outsiders fit the bill, and for many of them this is simply a make or break week, as none of the "unsafe" Shanghai 8 (i.e. Roddick, Ferrer and Blake) are in action this week. Del Potro is, again, definitely the one to beat this week, while dangermen like Gonzalez, Tursunov and Stepanek will need to add some big points to their totals if they are to give themselves a realistic chance when we head into the final 3 weeks (featuring the two TMS).
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #268
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Others from outside the top 20 that could make things more interesting with a win are Nalbandian, Tursunov and Monfils, but even a win could easily leave these guys as much as 50 points short. All in all, looks like a fun week
Yeah, I'm hoping Dima has another strong week, this week, because he is one of those guys that can always make things a little more fun. Monfils is always a threat, but the guy gets injured so often, so it is hard to take him too seriously in a "competition" like this. As for Nalbandian...I guess many of us couldn't give up on him after what he did last fall. But the fact remains that even if he does win the Stockholm title (putting him up to 235pts), he could still languish as far back as 102pts, if Del Potro leapfrogs Ferrer (which is, of course, very possible). However, if were able to repeat last year's tremendous feat (and let's face it, he most likely won't!)...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #269
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping Dima has another strong week, this week, because he is one of those guys that can always make things a little more fun. Monfils is always a threat, but the guy gets injured so often, so it is hard to take him too seriously in a "competition" like this. As for Nalbandian...I guess many of us couldn't give up on him after what he did last fall. But the fact remains that even if he does win the Stockholm title (putting him up to 235pts), he could still languish as far back as 102pts, if Del Potro leapfrogs Ferrer (which is, of course, very possible). However, if were able to repeat last year's tremendous feat (and let's face it, he most likely won't!)...
Yeah, all three of these guys need some really poor runs from the 6th-9th placed guys to have any hope at all, but you never know. A further problem for these guys that are way behind is that even if Wawrinka and Del Potro drop out early in Vienna, there are still four or five guys ahead of them that can win the event and pull right into the chase, so they have to hope for like a Darcis-Acasuso final, or something with similar ranked players.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 AM   #270
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

01 (01) Rafael Nadal (ESP) 1265 (15)
02 (02) Roger Federer (SUI) 921 (--)
03 (03) Novak Djokovic (SRB) 899 (03)
04 (04) Andy Murray (GBR) 520 (11)

Very close

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote