Asia/Oceania Zone Group I 2nd round: Thailand at Australia (April 11-13, 2008) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Asia/Oceania Zone Group I 2nd round: Thailand at Australia (April 11-13, 2008)

Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre, Townsville
Stadium Capacity: 4657
11 April - 13 April 2008
Day 1: 1100 hrs (0100 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1400 hrs (0400 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1100 hrs (0100 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Decoturf) - Indoors
Ball Type: Wilson US Open All Court

http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100010181

Australia
Lleyton Hewitt
Peter Luczak
Chris Guccione
Paul Hanley
Captain: John Fitzgerald

Thailand
Danai Udomchoke
Weerapat Doakmaiklee
Kirati Siributwong
Perakiat Siriluethaiwattana
Captain: Tanakorn Srichaphan

First meeting

Last edited by Zirconek : 04-08-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Zirconek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asia/Oceania Zone Group I 2nd round: Thailand at Australia (April 11-13, 2008)

Quote:
Tomic to be a hitting partner
Teenage sensation Bernard Tomic has been named as the Australian Davis Cup team hitting partner for the upcoming tie against Thailand in Townsville next month.

The fifteen-year-old became the youngest ever boy to win a junior grand slam title when he defeated Chinese Tapei’s Tsung-Hua Yang to take the Australian Open boys’ title back in January.

"It will be a great thing to hit with all the senior guys up there. I am really looking forward to it, it is going to be a terrific experience," Tomic said.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=14542
Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asia/Oceania Zone Group I 2nd round: Thailand at Australia (April 11-13, 2008)

They better show this on tv here.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
They better show this on tv here.
Channel Seven

Quote:
Davis Cup TV snub

LENDL RYAN

23Feb08

TOWNSVILLE'S Davis Cup tie has faulted before a ball has even been served after event broadcaster
Channel Seven revealed it won't telecasting the fixture.

The decision had left Tennis Australia and organisers scrambling to find a replacement network, or risk losing out on millions of dollars worth of exposure for the sport and Townsville.

"Under Channel Seven's contract they don't have to telecast a tie which is not in the world group, which this isn't, it's back in the zone group, so they are quite within their rights to not telecast it," a Tennis Australia spokesperson said yesterday.

"There may be another network which can pick the tie up which we are now in the process of negotiating.

"Our broadcast team should come to a decision in the next few weeks."

The event, scheduled for April 11 to 13 at the Townsville Entertainment Centre, would feature the cream of Australian men's tennis, led by Lleyton Hewitt, taking on Thailand.

It was expected to inject more than $5 million into the city.

Independent council candidate Doug Kingston, who was instrumental in securing Townsville's last taste of Davis Cup action in 1998, said a lack of television coverage would be a `massive setback' to the region.

"What it does is rob Townsville of million of dollars of free publicity," he said.

"When we made the bid for the event, in the back of our minds was not only that we would get the best tennis players here for people to see, but that we would get some exposure as well."

Mr Kingston recalled the enormous boost the event gave the region 10 years ago.

"Channel Seven did a fantastic job showcasing the city," he said.

"Before the start of play and between matches on the Friday and Sunday when there were two singles, they had travel-like features on Townsville and Magnetic Island.

"Those free travel pieces showed Townsville in a very good light and you couldn't put a value on that exposure, but I would expect it would cost millions.

"Personally, I had phone calls from friends and relatives all over Australia saying they had seen it."

Townsville aced strong competition from Wollongong and Newcastle to secure next April's tie, becoming one of just a few Australian cities to host the international event twice.

Tickets were snapped up fast, including all 32 corporate boxes.

Townsville Tennis president Vic Bayer said residents unable to secure a seat and young players hoping to watch their idols in action would be the big losers.

"It would be nice to have the television exposure because we are expecting tickets to be sold out and a lot of people won't be able to get a seat and without TV they won't see it at all," he said.

"It's also disappointing because we were hoping to use the event as a way of getting tennis a bit more exposure and lifting the profile in the region.

"When an event like this comes along people get interested and they take the sport up along with their children and without TV to generate that interest it's disappointing."
Source: Townsville Bulltin

Absoultely disgraceful from seven, got to support australian tennis throught he good times and the bad. Hope someone can pick this up, can't believe they wouldn't show a home bloody tie, they've gone to a new low.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

Channel 7= :retard:s

OMG I just hope any other station can show this.
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Australia chooses Hewitt, Luczak, Guccione and Hanley. Big suprise.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

where's the surprise?
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

they didn't name Colin Ebelthite

I guess Matchu was kidding
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Srichaphan eyes Davis Cup return

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_350557.htm

http://www.topix.com/tennis/paradorn...-davis-cup-tie
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

AUSTRALIA
Lleyton Hewitt
Peter Luczak
Chris Guccione
Paul Hanley
Captain: John Fitzgerald

THAILAND
Danai Udomchoke
Weerapat Doakmaiklee
Kirati Siributwong
Perakiat Siriluethaiwattana
Captain: Tanakorn Srichaphan
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
country flag aussie_fan

it's been confirmed, no tv station has picked this up here, can't believe a hone tie is going to get screwed like this, ABC or SBS should of got it, got to support the team in the good times and the bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone tell me why ratiwatana brothers are not going to play ?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Australia could also just send Challenger-level players. They'd still win.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #14
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Could anyone tell me why ratiwatana brothers are not going to play ?
geez, i just noticed that, that doesn't make any sort of sense, better for us
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

No Ratiwana's?

this will be more easy than I thought
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote