Tommy at Wimbledon - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 PM   #1
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Tommy at Wimbledon

Tommy will play his 1st round match on Tuesday on Court 18 against Anthony Dupuis!

later, on the same court, also Lars Burgsmüller is scheduled...

let's wish him good luck for his task!

COME ON, Tommy!!!!
(... and make that Kiwi loss (almost) forgotten for me tomorrow and WIN!!!)

BTW, Tommy must have been training really hard, he didn't have time to update his homepage for ages already

I hope we will see the result tomorrow

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
country flag tommy_girl

tommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy at Wimbledon

GÖÖd LÜck Tommy!
tommy_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
country flag fleemke²

fleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond repute

keep the level up Tommy and take the last 2 sets

Tommy Haas and Olivier Rochus
fleemke² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

let's hold that break, Tommy... and win the last set also!
Dupuis is very dangerous when his serve is in, he also took a lot of risk and played agressively most of the time. I hope Tommy can continue on this level where he was when he stopped playing today. Don't do it like Nicolas, please!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 06-22-2004, 11:51 PM   #5
country flag Haasfan

Haasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond repute

I was there at Wimbledon to watch the whole Tommy match!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy was playing really badly in the first two sets and just didnt look motivated. Then he raised his game, and was unlucky not to break Dupuis before the tiebreak. The tiebreak was so amazing . Tommy played some amazing tennis on match point down and after played some brilliant passing shots to take the set. He was looking dominant in the 4th and probably would have won comfortably had it not been for the rain. I hope Tommy doesn't have a panic attack like against Marat in Aus 02 and US Open 01. Tommy doesnt like rain breaks at all, I hope he can finish Dupuis off tomorrow.

Dupuis was looking very dangerous, he was hitting loads of returns off Tommy's serve and banging down the aces. He was in the zone. Thankgod Tommy raised his game, but hes not safe yet.

But as being a Haas fan for 6 yrs and actually seeing him live for the first time, I enjoyed the atmosphere and Tommy was great to watch when he started playing well, and actually showed some bottle, unlike the 'catter' FyslanBoppe and GeorgeWHitler make him out to be.
Haasfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
country flag Neely
-

thanks for the report... I could only follow some parts of his match on TV and the way he saved Dupuis' matchpoint was really great play. Haas was at the net and Dupuis tried to hit a shot through him and Tommy could get a racket on this shot and won the point
I'm glad he was there at the right place.

But Dupuis really looked very comfortable from time to time, especially at the begin of the third as he had three or four love service games and he was almost untouchable on own serve at this time. I'm glad that Tommy got stronger then.
Sure, Dupuis serve is not one of the weakest. This guy won an indoor tournament and is generally well suited to faster surfaces, I think.

Lets hope he keeps it up that we see him in the 2nd round again

Old 06-23-2004, 03:56 AM   #7
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

cmon Tommy you can win this, GOOOOOOO!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:58 PM   #8
country flag fleemke²

fleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond repute

pff 2 days between the start and the end of the match! You were lucky Haasfan to be there and see him play well you should be glad yu saw tennis

Tommy Haas and Olivier Rochus
fleemke² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #9
country flag Neely
-

Tommy wins against Dupuis 2-6 2-6 7-6(8) 6-4 10-8

hard work, Tommy, but glad that you won!

Old 06-24-2004, 01:47 PM   #10
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy Haas will now play Xavier Malisse in the Second Round.
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #11
country flag Hasifan

Hasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant future

YES ! I'm so happy for him.....
Hasifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote