Is censorship the name of the game in MTF now? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is censorship the name of the game in MTF now?

So now you can't say anything on MTF and even if you cut the word you are saying something inappropriate? What the hell is that? Bashing moderators? Are we supposed to not say anything even in private threads now?
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is censorship the name of the game in MTF now?

What do you mean by a 'private thread'? There's no such thing on a public forum that can be read by anyone on the internet (even non-members can read everything here). Did you mean private message? Have your PM's been censored?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
What do you mean by a 'private thread'? There's no such thing on a public forum that can be read by anyone on the internet (even non-members can read everything here). Did you mean private message? Have your PM's been censored?
A chat thread isn't a public thread. What I post there isn't supposed to be a statement to everyone. Censoring posts in GM, where each thread isn't supposed to be a place of habituées, is justifiable, but not a chat thread in NT.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
A chat thread isn't a public thread. What I post there isn't supposed to be a statement to everyone. Censoring posts in GM, where each thread isn't supposed to be a place of habituées, is justifiable, but not a chat thread in NT.
Chat threads are just as public as GM threads. Every thread in this forum is equally public. I know that people act otherwise, but I don't think the rules are different. Perhaps the mods and administrators can take the opportunity to clarify this now that you have brought it up.

I kind of understand what you are saying, we all have a level of 'comfort' from the chat threads that we participate in, but they really are no different than any other threads here.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Chat threads are just as public as GM threads. Every thread in this forum is equally public. I know that people act otherwise, but I don't think the rules are different. Perhaps the mods and administrators can take the opportunity to clarify this now that you have brought it up.

I kind of understand what you are saying, we all have a level of 'comfort' from the chat threads that we participate in, but they really are no different than any other threads here.
The problem is the following: since when f....is inappropriate? AFAIK, that's how it goes everywhere when you're suppressing a curse word.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
country flag Fee

Hmmm, that is an interesting one. Perhaps you should write to BG and discuss this with him privately. I think the mods prefer that method.

Don't get yourself in trouble okay?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Hmmm, that is an interesting one. Perhaps you should write to BG and discuss this with him privately. I think the mods prefer that method.

Don't get yourself in trouble okay?
Well, I never thought saying f... was gonna give me an "infraction". Gotta be honest to you, this smells like witch-hunt to me.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In fact they aren't anymore. Not-logged in people cannot read anymore the chat threads.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #9
country flag Fee

Good, I'm glad they finally got around to making that change, but chat threads can still be viewed by any member of this forum and everyone should remember that.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

And no answer of course...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #11
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

I recall once someone deleted my photo from pics of MTF members . That photo was accepted by the dating agencies even with the strict photography rules. Does it have any link to me being Gu's lawyer?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #12
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good, I'm glad they finally got around to making that change.
Another change has been made, it's back to how it was, you can view chat threads while not logged in.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Another change has been made, it's back to how it was, you can view chat threads while not logged in.
I think it depends on bandwidth reserve they have.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure nobody would have said anything if it were a few peaceful words in another language. I can't comment much about the exact meaning of the posts which were in a foreign language, but I trust the mods who understood it well enough that there could have been some objectionable content in it. If it was not, sorry for unnecessarily deleting one of your posts, although you could have used English. But as I mentioned, I'm certain that nobody would say anything against a few occassional peaceful posts in a foreign language within a Chat thread, even if people were meant to talk in the language the thread was supposed for (like the rules for non-tennis say it in the first place).

About your other posts which got deleted shortly afterwards and which had the f-word being asterisked: well, I don't think you're honestly expecting an answer as to why it got deleted because the reason it got deleted was not about the f*** part, but the next words which followed.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #15
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
I'm sure nobody would have said anything if it were a few peaceful words in another language. I can't comment much about the exact meaning of the posts which were in a foreign language, but I trust the mods who understood it well enough that there could have been some objectionable content in it. If it was not, sorry for unnecessarily deleting one of your posts, although you could have used English. But as I mentioned, I'm certain that nobody would say anything against a few occassional peaceful posts in a foreign language within a Chat thread, even if people were meant to talk in the language the thread was supposed for (like the rules for non-tennis say it in the first place).

About your other posts which got deleted shortly afterwards and which had the f-word being asterisked: well, I don't think you're honestly expecting an answer as to why it got deleted because the reason it got deleted was not about the f*** part, but the next words which followed.
I think it's a tyrannical action. I've always respected mods, but when they're as biased as that particular mod, why can't you say that? So now are we really expected to watch the immense bias of some mods and stay shut? I haven't offended anyone. I hope the mods in themselves try to be more reasonable and less biased, or there's no logic in expecting respect. To be respected as a referee you have to show fairness and balance, and those two things aren't shown when it comes to some players, their fans and mods that are clearly biased on their direction.