enforced sterilization, should we have it back? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #16
country flag MuzzaWuzza

MuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzaWuzza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: enforced sterilization, should we have it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Paris has kids? Not a good example of how the rich have too many kids.

And why call her useless? Is Roger Federer useless? Paris makes millions from movies, DVD's, TV shows, perfume, etc. You can't blame Paris if people buy it. In reality she is a great example of fulfilling the American dream.

On topic: Besides the fact it goes against everything I believe in (self-determination, free will, and what not), it will never ever work. Not in this day and age. Exactly because of the fact people are accustomed to doing whatever the hell they want.
MuzzaWuzza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #17
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think enforced sterilization is an option. But I think the cure for global warming is very simple. All we need is a population level low enough that it permits everybody to do what they want. We tax everything, why not children? But there are too many religious taboos.
Unfortunately, in a world of so many diverse nations, global programmes are just not going to happen. There will be no controls on birth, just as there will be no meaningful controls on CO2 emissions, no matter how much Al Gore tries to scare us.
That could not work in some developped countries. On the contrary, they are giving incentives to have more children because the population is too old and the pension and retirement system might collapse.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030 View Post
More like she fulfills your dreams Her mother should have been sterilized-and Paris should be to put an end to this line of useless rich kids (according to this line of thinking) As far as her fulfilling the American dream, well, that was her grandfather or great grandfather who did that.
So you do not think that people who fulfil their dreams (her grandfather) have the right to control the wealth they have created and spend it how they like. I think you just resent people who make it big, and are jealous of Paris.
You did not comment on Federer. Both he and Paris have found a way to make big bucks in the entertainment business. What's the difference?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you do not think that people who fulfil their dreams (her grandfather) have the right to control the wealth they have created and spend it how they like. I think you just resent people who make it big, and are jealous of Paris.
You did not comment on Federer. Both he and Paris have found a way to make big bucks in the entertainment business. What's the difference?

I'm not arguing that they don't have a right to use the money to make more-that's not my argument at all. I'm saying, had she not been born to wealth, she would not be in that position. I am arguing that had she not been born to great wealth, she would not have earned it on her own. A poor girl who exposes her herself like Paris does is called a prostitute(or a more derogitory term). The term used may change with the wealth of the subject, but the bahvior is the same

Now, my assertation is that Paris has not made meaningful contributions to society and its very doubtful (your defense of her is quite galant, but quite misguided ), based on her behavior, that she would make a good mother. She has obvioulsy slept around and could concivabley have several children with a differnt father for each one. According to the criteria mentioned on this thread, if she were poor-she would be a canidate for steriliztion.

Now, why do you pick on poor Roger? I ignored your jab at him becuase its obvious you just threw his name in there to muddle things up. Besides, gifted as he is, he should pass on his genetic material. Should he be deemed unsuitable father material, the child could be raised by good, Hilter fearing Nazis. HEIL HITLER!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #20
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Point is: because of religious fairy tales, we have to face overpopulation, increased poverty and lack of family planning.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #21
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
enforced sterilization, should we have it back?
It never went away. China still has it...

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 AM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now, why do you pick on poor Roger? I ignored your jab at him becuase its obvious you just threw his name in there to muddle things up. Besides, gifted as he is, he should pass on his genetic material. Should he be deemed unsuitable father material, the child could be raised by good, Hilter fearing Nazis. HEIL HITLER!!!!
I threw in Roger because he makes tons of money by entertaining people and so does Paris Hilton. There is no difference. And Paris would certainly do her bit to keep the world beautiful by passing on her genes.

Costa Rica is enlightened enough to have legalised prostitution, so I do not think calling someone a prostitute is demeaning.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Paris has not made meaningful contributions to society
Evidently you haven't you seen her video?

Seriously, I don't think I have either. There is no law that says you have to.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 AM   #24
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I threw in Roger because he makes tons of money by entertaining people and so does Paris Hilton. There is no difference. And Paris would certainly do her bit to keep the world beautiful by passing on her genes.

Costa Rica is enlightened enough to have legalised prostitution, so I do not think calling someone a prostitute is demeaning.
Well, unlike her wealth, I doubt Paris was born with all her good looks. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here assuming some were aquired under the surgeon's knife. That type of beauty can be bought these days so you'll have to come up with a better reason to let her reproduce

Well, if its not demeaning, can I assume you have no problem refering to the women in your life as one?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 03-05-2008, 04:37 AM   #25
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Evidently you haven't you seen her video?

Seriously, I don't think I have either. There is no law that says you have to.
Well, if enforced sterilization makes a comeback in western societies, perhaps you both should be canidates for it then. I, myself am against enforeced sterilization but if its what the people want, then we must ensure its not just for the poor-some rich kids are miserable too ya know. We must all be considered canidates and an objective committee can decide who is worthy to pass on their genetic material. Myself, its too late, already passed it on for good or bad

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 03-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magnifico View Post
In my history class today we were talking about one of the 'scandals' of enforced sterilization. I'm for this procedure in special circumstances. There are way too many poor income mothers who are having extreme numbers of children (6 + 7) when they clearly can’t look after these kids, and the kids almost more than often turn out to be a similar clone of their parent. Either they turn out to be a pest to society or continue the cycle. Many young girls are having babies at terrible ages and they are put into care and a life of misery, and these girls continue to have babies when they don’t have the maturity or money to look after these kids. Often no idea who the father is or they don’t even care. It is also a good population managing tool. Also could be used to stop serious criminals and evil people reproducing and bringing more bad into the world.

Should problem potential mothers and regular offenders be permanently stopped from having children and making their life a misery? The world would be much better off with this procedure, a much cleaner world.
I support this idea. Sterilisation must be enforced in Great Britain.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
Yeah, we could start with all the immigrants.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #28
country flag El Magnifico

El Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond reputeEl Magnifico has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
Why just limit it to Great Britain? There are bad people in every part of the world.

Quote:
Besides, why is it just the poor who are accused of being promisicuos, poor parents and generally being detrimental to society? I mean, could there be a more useless human than Paris Hilton? And Britany has proven to be such a great mom and now her 16 year old sis is following in her footsteps. Cm'on,admit it, if we're going to save the world, we'll have to sterilize the very wealthy too
People who don't deserve to have children and enforced sterlilization are not limited to poor status, there are many well off people who deserve it. But just a lot more needed cases in poor parts.
El Magnifico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #29
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magnifico View Post
People who don't deserve to have children and enforced sterlilization are not limited to poor status, there are many well off people who deserve it. But just a lot more needed cases in poor parts.
Almost every one of my posts on this thread (other than my first) are attempts at satire. I find the idea of forced sterilization abhorrent and am quite dismayed that anyone would see it as a solution.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 03-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Well, if its not demeaning, can I assume you have no problem refering to the women in your life as one?
It would be proper for you to use the term. For me it is too formal. I just call her HO.