Kiwi on tour in USA!!! (next stop: Cincy) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #91
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi on tour in USA!!! (next stop: Miami)

Kiwi has just saved 1 MP on his own serve. 5-7 6-6
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #92
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

What a match... what a fight!!! I am soooooo glad he won this
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #93
country flag Euroquitter
-Crazy German-

Euroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fight
at least one German who was able to win his match
Euroquitter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #94
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Choke by Kiwi. DF at *6-5 40-40 (they were also 30-0 up) and they lose the first 6-7(2).
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #95
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I have the impression that since Halle he doesn't show any emotions on court anymore. I also have the feeling he doesn't play 100% all the time. For example against Navarro it was pathetic, he played a lot of silly points as if he wants to win by playing with only 50% effort. Now in his match against Wawrinka he looked really poor again and kinda tanked. At least there weren't a lot of spectators.

Cincinnati and the US Open are the only tournaments left with direct entry. But still, in the race of 2009, he is around 85, so his chances to finish top 100 this year are still quite good if he gets to play a couple of tournaments after the US Open.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #96
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
so his chances to finish top 100 this year are still quite good if he gets to play a couple of tournaments after the US Open.
I doubt he will get spoiled with wildcards once more so it will be a lot of hard work to get into these tournaments at all. I did some math.. right now he has 300 points secured for Australian open. He needs at least 400 more to get direct entry there.
Since he split with Sascha things just go the wrong way. Of course he has enough experience to know whats best for him but I still think he needs a coach
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #97
country flag JMG

Default Re: Kiwi on tour in USA!!! (next stop: Cincy)

He has 390 according to the race thread. 400 more? Shouldn't the points for rank 104 still drop a bit until the end of the year? I would say around 550 points should be enough for a direct entry to AO.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #98
country flag kiwi10is

You have to be around top 104 to get direct entry. Right now this means something around 650 points. He has 580 points right now and he will lose 190 before the entry deadline. Means he has 390 points secured. I was wrong with that. Sorry :-( But getting nearly 300 points without direct entry to the tournaments is very hard. I hope he can collect some in Cincy and New York but taking his luck with the draws... Not a nice situation. It's a lot of work to collect so many points via challengers or qualy... I hope he will keep on fighting
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #99
country flag JMG

But don't you agree that the points to be number 104 should drop to around 550 points at the end of the season? There are still so many inflated points and the current number 100 of 2009 has only 350 points. I think 200 points will be easily enough. Just win 3 matches in New York and everything is fine. If he wants he can finish easily top 80 or better imo.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #100
country flag kiwi10is

The current No 100 is Karol Beck with 641 points. I never thought about the points dropping at the end of the season. Do you mean because the new ranking system? If he gets into some of these Asian tournaments somehow I am sure he will improve his ranking and I will do my best to cheer for him at US Open. Maybe it will help to get those 3 wins or more lol... Haas is having a great comeback lately so why not Kiwi. There is still this ATP Comebackplayer of the year thing. I think he deserved it for his 2007 comeback instead of Andreev. Maybe he will get the award in march :-)
I just hope he is willing to play qualification or challengers. If not his dream of London 2012 might be over soon...
Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #101
country flag JMG

Yes, because of the new ranking system it still has to drop until the end of the season. In January the #100 had 940 points.

There are even some attractive challengers for him maybe:
Tashkent (if he can't play Shanghai 1000), as he won an ATP title there
Salzburg (during Davis Cup final), I read they want to get big names and this tournament would still count for the AO entry list.

What I found surprising was that he's 6th alt for Bucharest. Would be a bit strange if he plays another clay tournament right before Asia.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #102
country flag kiwi10is

I think he plays where ever they let him play.... As for the challengers at the end of this year... his chartiy event is planned for 21 or 22nd NOvember... so forget about those challengers...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #103
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning on Kiwi playing in 2010, but does he have plans for a couple more years?

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #104
country flag ouch

ouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond reputeouch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi on tour in USA!!! (now: US Open)

US Open Round 1
Kiefer def. Llodra 6-3,6-4,6-4

I´ll keep my fingers crossed for his next match
ouch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #105
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

kiwi is kicking Nadal's ass atm,keep it up man !

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote