Eduardo injured heavily, misses EURO :( - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #31
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eduardo injured heavily, misses EURO :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
This tackle had a horrific result. But if you were to ban all players to come in with studs up, then you and I could probably get a contract because there would be no good players available. I see 5 or 6 similar tackles in every match. Do we let them off if no bones are broken?
I think that broken bones do make a difference...

Just like in the criminal codes of countries: if you hit someone in the face and he gets a black eye you get fined. If you accidently kill the person , you go to prison. That is fair.

I wouldn't give a life-time ban, but a few months, maybe. Maybe half a year. Depends on how intentional it was, how carless the defender was, etc (sorry i did not watch the video)

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #32
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

It is always bad if a sportsman misses a highlight because of an injury. So this stuff is really bad. And this foul seemed to be one of the most brutal in recent times.

Que melhora depressa, Dudu!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:53 PM   #33
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
It's a bad tackle but the fouls on Buust (Coventry) in 1996 was worse
Your memory is playing tricks on you. Busst's injury was horrific and the match was held up while the puddle of blood was cleared from the pitch but there was no foul involved in the incident. His leg collapsed under him as he stretched for the ball in a scramble after a Coventry corner.

I don't think Taylor meant to break Eduardo's leg, I do think he intended to hit him hard though. It's a common thing a for a defender to do early in the game. A good hard fould to intimidate the opposing striker and put him off his game.
You don't go in that high when you're trying to win the ball. Not necessarily because it's dangerous (which it undoubtedly is) but because it's simply not a very effective way of getting the ball at all.

It's fucking ludicrous that he'll probabaly receive the same length of ban as Jeremie Aliadiere who was sent off yesterday for a petulant slap.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #34
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Your memory is playing tricks on you. Busst's injury was horrific and the match was held up while the puddle of blood was cleared from the pitch but there was no foul involved in the incident. His leg collapsed under him as he stretched for the ball in a scramble after a Coventry corner.

I don't think Taylor meant to break Eduardo's leg, I do think he intended to hit him hard though. It's a common thing a for a defender to do early in the game. A good hard fould to intimidate the opposing striker and put him off his game.
You don't go in that high when you're trying to win the ball. Not necessarily because it's dangerous (which it undoubtedly is) but because it's simply not a very effective way of getting the ball at all.

It's fucking ludicrous that he'll probabaly receive the same length of ban as Jeremie Aliadiere who was sent off yesterday for a petulant slap.
Well said. You've articulated my feelings much better than I could. The media reaction to this by giving Wenger more stick than the perpetrator makes me sick.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #35
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
Well said. You've articulated my feelings much better than I could. The media reaction to this by giving Wenger more stick than the perpetrator makes me sick.
That's exatcly how I'd reply Henry's post

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #36
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I do think he intended to hit him hard though. It's a common thing a for a defender to do early in the game. A good hard fould to intimidate the opposing striker and put him off his game.
Well maybe that is the problem - it is an accepted part of the game.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #37
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
This tackle had a horrific result. But if you were to ban all players to come in with studs up, then you and I could probably get a contract because there would be no good players available. I see 5 or 6 similar tackles in every match. Do we let them off if no bones are broken?
Here is the difference they go in studs up in the UK, that's fine and nothing happens, unless it's a foul or there is an injury like the one we have. They go in over the top with the studs showing like that on the continent, then it's an automatic card.

Henry is right, it's been like that for years, hit the best forward early in the game, let them know you are around. It still goes on, but doesn't usually have players with legs broken.

Wouldn't know Maldini has done alright in his career without having to jump in like that.

He will probably only get 3 or 4 matches.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #38
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

The butcher came to visit Eduardo in hospital, but the staff didn't let him after they saw a video
However, Eduardo said he forgives Taylor saying that football is sometimes like that.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #39
country flag Avid Merrion

Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute

terrible injury and i wish Dudu a speedy recovery, but i'm quite intrigued as to why the tv and newspapers have been so squeamish about showing us the tackle and aftermath they usually can't wait to show us all the gory details....
Avid Merrion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #40
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

given that we're up against the croats in summer, this injury handed as the first place in our group, i guess.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #41
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor is now recieving death threats from all over Croatia. LOL.

Hope he is scared.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #42
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Eduardo will return to the field in nine months time. The operation was successful and he will be running in 6 months time in hope to playing 3 months after that.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #43
country flag EasternWind

EasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond reputeEasternWind has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad this injury will not end Eduardo's career. Hope he gets well soon!

However, the challenge from Taylor was atrocious. He might not have had malicious intentions, but this isn't amateur Sunday football where players can randomly go into tackles. Taylor totally mistimed his tackle and just went in without intention of getting a piece of the ball. It was the 3rd minute and 25 meters out of his goal area; there is no excuse for going into a challenge like that.
Taylor did not 'intend' to break Eduardo's leg (as no player should ever have such intentions) but he wanted to scare and perhaps shock Eduardo. His bad attempt to become aggressive and his reckless behavior could have ended Eduardo's career. If Taylor could mistime his challenges so much and does not have the skill to properly tackle, he does not deserve to play in the highest level. I know this is only one incident, but this is extremely serious. Taylor does not have a history of being a dirty player, but his recklessness in this horror tackle deserves more than a simple three match ban.
EasternWind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #44
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Eduardo will return to the field in nine months time. The operation was successful and he will be running in 6 months time in hope to playing 3 months after that.

Great to hear.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #45
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Thanks for the news.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote