Predict-the-SCORE: How To Play - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Predict-the-SCORE: How To Play

Predict-the-SCORE is a game adapted from the one in WTAWorld. Players basically predict the scores of actual ATP matches, and earn points based on the accuracy of their predictions.

There is a fixed number of predictions per round.

If a match becomes invalid (withdrawals or a retirement during the match) the pick is not counted and you may reuse it any other time during the tournament.

Last edited by silverwhite : 08-04-2004 at 02:03 PM.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To Play Predict-the-SCORE

Adapted from SpikeyAidanm’s Scoring System (*Copyright SpikeyAidanm - April 9th, 2004 -*)

Scoring Points:

Correct winner – 10 points

Correct no. of sets – 5 points

Correct order of sets for:
1 set – 1 point
2 sets – 3 points
3 sets – 5 points
4 sets – 7 points
5 sets – 10 points

Correct scoreline for:
1 set – 4 points
2 sets – 8 points
3 sets – 12 points
4 sets – 16 points
5 sets – 20 points
*2 additional points per set if the scoreline is in the correct set

Example
Paradorn Srichaphan defeats Thomas Johansson 1-6 7-6 6-3 in Nottingham.

Correct winner
You will get the 10 points ONLY if you predicted the correct winner (i.e. Srichaphan).

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 6-4 6-4

Correct no. of sets
You will get the 5 points ONLY if you predicted the correct number of sets (i.e. 3) AND the correct winner.

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 6-4 4-6 6-4

Johansson over Srichaphan 6-4 4-6 6-4 will not give you the 5 points, because the winner is predicted wrongly.

Correct order of sets: (refers to the correct prediction of which player will win which set)
You will get 1 point if you predicted the order of 1 set correctly,

Eg. Johansson over Srichaphan 6-4 6-4 / Srichaphan over Johansson 6-4 6-4 / Srichaphan over Johansson 6-4 4-6 6-4

In the above cases, only 1 set is placed in the correct order (the first set for the first example, the second set for the second example, and the third set for the third example).

You will get 3 points if you predicted the order of 2 sets correctly

Eg. Johansson over Srichaphan 6-4 4-6 6-4

In this example, only the first 2 sets are placed in the correct order.

You will get 5 points if you predicted the order of all 3 sets correctly.

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 4-6 6-4 6-4

ALL the sets are placed in the correct order.

Correct scoreline:
You will get 4 points if you predicted the scoreline of 1 set correctly.

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 4-6 6-4 7-6

You will get 8 points if you predicted the scorelines of 2 sets correctly.

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 4-6 6-3 7-6

You will get 12 points if you predicted the scorelines of all 3 sets correctly.

Eg. Srichaphan over Johansson 6-3 1-6 7-6

NOTE: The scoreline is only considered correct if it is won by the correct person. For example, you will only get points if you predicted Johansson to win a set 6-1, but you will not get any points if you predicted Srichaphan to win a set 6-1.

*2 additional points per set if the scoreline is in the correct set order

This will only be awarded if the correct scorelines were predicted in the correct order (i.e. 6-1 to Johansson in the first set, 7-6 to Srichaphan in the second set, and 6-3 to Srichaphan in the third set).

(NOTE:
- 5 sets applies to 5-set matches only while 4 sets applies to 4-set and 5-set matches. The rest applies to all matches.
- If you did not predict the winner correctly, you can still win points in the other sections.
- Post your predictions in the form Player X over Player Y or Player X def Player Y)

Feel free to clarify with me if you need any explanation on the scoring system.

Last edited by silverwhite : 07-03-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
country flag silverwhite

Default Re: How To Play Predict-the-SCORE

Ranking Points

Code:
Grand Slams:  
1st – 1000	9th = 125 
2nd – 700	10th = 100
3rd – 500	11th = 75
4th = 400	12th = 50
5th = 320 	13th = 25
6th = 250	14th = 10
7th = 200	15th = 5
8th = 160	16th = 1

Tennis Master Series:
1st – 500	9th = 35
2nd = 350	10th = 25
3rd = 250	11th = 20
4th = 170	12th = 15
5th = 100	13th = 10
6th = 75	14th = 5
7th = 60	15th = 2
8th = 45	16th = 1

Tennis Master Cup: 
Winner - 750
Finalist - 500
Semifinalist = 250
3rd in group – 100
4th in group - 50

Regular Tournaments:
= Winner can earn from 175 to 300 points

1st – 175	9th = 13
2nd = 100	10th = 10
3rd = 60	11th = 7
4th = 40	12th = 5
5th = 30	13th = 4  
6th = 25	14th = 3
7th = 20 	15th = 2
8th = 16   	16th = 1

1st – 250	9th = 16
2nd = 170	10th = 13
3rd = 100	11th = 10
4th = 75	12th = 7
5th = 50	13th = 5 
6th = 35	14th = 3
7th = 25 	5th = 2
8th = 20 	16th = 1

1st – 300	9th = 25
2nd = 220	10th = 20
3rd = 150	11th = 15
4th = 100	12th = 10
5th = 75	13th = 7 
6th = 60	14th = 5
7th = 45	15th = 3
8th = 35  	16th = 1

Last edited by silverwhite : 01-08-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
country flag silverwhite

Default Re: Predict-the-SCORE: How To Play

New ranking system is up!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #5
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

this looks fun. Can I enter the game now, or is it too late?
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
country flag $@M

$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute

How do u join? do u just go in and post ?
$@M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #7
bad gambler

you can enter anytime, just post your selections
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by $@M
How do u join? do u just go in and post ?
Yes. You will find Predict-the-SCORE threads every week in each tournament forum. Just post your predictions there.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Can I play this? so interesting
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #10
country flag silverwhite

Of course. We have a thread each week in the relevant tournament forum.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas choked in that match
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #12
country flag W!MBLEDON

W!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond repute

Can you enter more than one tournament per week?
W!MBLEDON is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote