shoulder injury? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
country flag boliviana

boliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond repute
Default shoulder injury?

There is a comment on Guille's site that his shoulder is bothering him again. He injured it at RG . . . anybody know anything about it?
boliviana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shoulder injury?

nope. But I guess it didn't bother him too bad today. Hope it doesn't bother him later either.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
country flag boliviana

boliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond repute

After Wimbledon, what is he doing? I know he wants to do the Olympics and then there's the USO but that leaves a lot of time between Wimbledon and the Olympics . . . last year he did several clay tournaments and did really well but maybe he needs a bit of rest . . . everyone else does it! But (as I ramble on here) he seems to do better without breaks . . . when he went home to Argentina and then back for Hamburg, he was out of sorts. I think the schedule is so intense . . . look at all the hurt players out there. Wimbledon could be boring, especially on the women's side. I mean really, who wants to watch Serena and Venus again? And you know that that is all NBC and ESPN will show . . . ugh!
Old 06-19-2004, 03:16 PM   #4

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Um I guess he will do some of the tournaments like last year but I hope he does some USO series events. The first one is on July 12. I think they're all hard court tournaments, and of course he'd rather hit the dirt than hardcourt. But he might play a few to get ready for the Olympics. I agree that he does do better without breaks, unlike other players. He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny But i think he will get a break in there somewhere

The NBC/ESPN coverage of Wimby is gonna be awful I know. Maybe all the americans will lose early again so then we'll get to see some other players So sad that we have to root against our country just to see some decent tennis.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #5
country flag Fostin

Fostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond repute

my godness soooo many injures guille! *snif*
Old 06-19-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

"This is a problem (the fact that he didn't play on Friday the QF), because If I win, I have to play again in the afternoon my semifinal match, and that could get worst the pain I feel in my shoulder. It is an injury that begun to bother me in Roland Garros. And since I should make my debut in Wimbledon on Monday, I will have to see how I feel during the day", El Mago said by e-mail.

Ahm... I guess it didn't hurt much today
Hopefully it wont be a problem for his match against Ancic. Neither for Wimbledon

Oh and one last thing..

"Bad for him: his team (River Plate) was eliminated by his cross-town rival (Boca ), and Guille had something to say about it: "To the River fans, I tell them that we have to be proud of this team, because it went down putting up a great fight. Penalty kicks definition is pure luck. Especially, I want to support Sambueza and Maxi López"."

HA!!!
C'mon, you lost, the Libertadores wasn't made for you, let your daddy win it
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:33 PM   #7
country flag Fostin

Fostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond repute

I hope if he feels his shoulder is not ok, he takes the detition...
Old 06-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #8
country flag tennyfan

tennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond reputetennyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not typically a pessimist, but I think the shoulder injury is not too reassuring. I saw him rubbining it early in the match against Kohlman, but not too much later on in the match. He started serving very well today, winning almost every game at love. But then there was a VERY long wait at 15-15 in the 2nd set, and I wonder if he called an injury time out? After that, Clement starting taking him to duece on his serves, so maybe the shoulder injury got worse as he continued to play? At any rate, I'm torn between wanting him to play on and WIN here (especially to prove to all the "he's just a claycourter" cynics that he can be a force on grass) and wanting him to quit now and give his shoulder a couple of days rest for Wimbledon, which will accumulate alot more points for him! He doesn't have a coach there to help him make the decision. Why is there always such drama surrounding Guille! LOL!
tennyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
country flag Micca

Micca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!! poor GUILLE!!! I hope ALL of his injuries dont spoil his game 2day Now we should wish him very much luck!

- Guillermo Coria & Rafael Nadal -

Micca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
country flag Micca

Micca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond reputeMicca has a reputation beyond repute

OH! HIS game just started against Ancic! its still 0-0!!! WISH HIM LUCK!

- Guillermo Coria & Rafael Nadal -

Micca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #11
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
Guille had something to say about it: "To the River fans, I tell them that we have to be proud of this team, because it went down putting up a great fight. Penalty kicks definition is pure luck. Especially, I want to support Sambueza and Maxi López"."
Oh no....I was all the way supporting River Plate at that match, and Guille is right, it was pure luck,and unfortunately River was the loser here.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #12
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no....I was all the way supporting River Plate at that match, and Guille is right, it was pure luck,and unfortunately River was the loser here.
Maxi Lopez is gay lalalala :P
Old 06-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
country flag boliviana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
Um I guess he will do some of the tournaments like last year but I hope he does some USO series events. The first one is on July 12. I think they're all hard court tournaments, and of course he'd rather hit the dirt than hardcourt. But he might play a few to get ready for the Olympics. I agree that he does do better without breaks, unlike other players. He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny But i think he will get a break in there somewhere

The NBC/ESPN coverage of Wimby is gonna be awful I know. Maybe all the americans will lose early again so then we'll get to see some other players So sad that we have to root against our country just to see some decent tennis.
He's not that bad on hardcourt though. I still think Key Biscayne was his if not for the kidney stones. You are totally right that he is like the energizer bunny . . . he is on a mission to make up for the French and who ever stands in his way better watch out. I can't believe he won today . . . amazing and I can't see any of it.

And I am patriotic and all that good stuff but the idea of two weeks of Roddick and the Williams' sisters is nauseating . . . and when will Bud Collins retire? I like the coverage (when they actually have a tournament on) on the Tennis Channel. They actually make sense. Patrick McEnroe on ESPN isn't too bad either but I really don't like John McEnroe's commentary very much . . . he strikes me as weird sometimes and just "off".
Old 06-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #14
country flag Carito_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny
Old 06-19-2004, 06:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliviana
He's not that bad on hardcourt though. I still think Key Biscayne was his if not for the kidney stones. You are totally right that he is like the energizer bunny . . . he is on a mission to make up for the French and who ever stands in his way better watch out. I can't believe he won today . . . amazing and I can't see any of it.

And I am patriotic and all that good stuff but the idea of two weeks of Roddick and the Williams' sisters is nauseating . . . and when will Bud Collins retire? I like the coverage (when they actually have a tournament on) on the Tennis Channel. They actually make sense. Patrick McEnroe on ESPN isn't too bad either but I really don't like John McEnroe's commentary very much . . . he strikes me as weird sometimes and just "off".
You have the Tennis Channel eh? Their not showing any of the Ordina open??