Rafa "the quintessential hard court mug" loses to the Duck in QF!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafa "the quintessential hard court mug" loses to the Duck in QF!!

This thread is to yank all the Rafatards out of their latest misery and urge them to move on

Edit: On Linda's insistence, I have changed the thread title

Edit2: Changed title after today's win.

Edit3: Changed again

Edit4: Changed again. This is a whiny losertard's title. If people have problems with it, I will edit it
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick

Last edited by tennizen : 03-06-2008 at 05:51 PM.
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nowhere near # 1 but still marching on to Dubai

Good initiative!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
country flag Tnn74

Tnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond repute

As Karin stated in the Rotterdam thread,
we expect him to be back full guns blazing for Dubai!

>>PHENOMENADAL.COM
-Rafael Nadal Fansite! A Fresh Look.

-Still Slammin' for SAFIN. Forever.

Ferrero . Robredo . Nalbandian

I don't like Federer or Djokovic.
Tnn74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Well, lets put that #1 bullshit on the shelf until Wimbledon time.

Guarding #2 is more important now
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I also want to know the reason for pulling the plug on the SA clay swing this year.

Whenever he plays on clay, of course, he always wins, but more than that, he seems to get confidence that remains even after the clay season. After RG, he switches straight to grass and has great confidence in Queens and Wimbledon

In 05 when he made his mark, he skipped IW before reaching the Miami final, and this was after a mini clay season.

Not only is it easy points, but the money is also there, and of course, confidence, which has no price.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
I also want to know the reason for pulling the plug on the SA clay swing this year.
Good question, I've been asking that myself as soon as I heard he'd indeed be appearing in Rotterdam...

Can only think of two reasons:

1) - He believes that playing this tournament + Dubai is a good practice/may enhance his HC performance, etc.
2) - Both of the tournaments pay excuberant appearance fee/prize money. Rumours are that Krajicek (or at least the sponsor) indeed pulled his wallet to have Rafa contend in Rotterdam, and well, as for Dubai, it's no secret that they have cash like oil.

If anyone can come up with better reasons I'll be glad to hear them - as I can't!

Anathema

Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
This thread is to yank all the Rafatards out of their latest misery and urge them to move on
OMG, change the thread title

No rankings mention in the thread titles, please. We have a rankings thread.

Quote:
Well, lets put that #1 bullshit on the shelf until Wimbledon time.

Guarding #2 is more important now
Tried to tell you that on the Rotterdam thread

Quote:

Whenever he plays on clay, of course, he always wins, but more than that, he seems to get confidence that remains even after the clay season. After RG, he switches straight to grass and has great confidence in Queens and Wimbledon

In 05 when he made his mark, he skipped IW before reaching the Miami final, and this was after a mini clay season.

Not only is it easy points, but the money is also there, and of course, confidence, which has no price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
Good question, I've been asking that myself as soon as I heard he'd indeed be appearing in Rotterdam...

Can only think of two reasons:

1) - He believes that playing this tournament + Dubai is a good practice/may enhance his HC performance, etc.
2) - Both of the tournaments pay excuberant appearance fee/prize money. Rumours are that Krajicek (or at least the sponsor) indeed pulled his wallet to have Rafa contend in Rotterdam, and well, as for Dubai, it's no secret that they have cash like oil.

If anyone can come up with better reasons I'll be glad to hear them - as I can't!
You guys we have been over and over and over this on the schedule thread
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
You guys we have been over and over and over this on the schedule thread
True. But as genuine Philosophers, we like to rehash things over-and-over again. Especially when the subject is pretty worthless, no?

Anathema

Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
True. But as genuine Philosophers, we like to rehash things over-and-over again. Especially when the subject is pretty worthless, no?
But what's the point? It just makes us all Everything has been said. Want me to bump the schedule thread for you? It's only about 10 down
Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No rankings mention in the thread titles, please. We have a rankings thread.
Will think of a better one tomorrow, Linda. Kinda tired now.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #11
Future ATP Star

Well what else are we gonna do?

We've had 2 matches of Nadal in the past month and we have to wait another 2 weeks for his Dubai thrashing

Quote:
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Will think of a better one tomorrow, Linda. Kinda tired now.

You could just edit the "Nowhere near #1" out

Here's a couple of suggestions:

The Dud Does Dubai
Aiming for 2nd Round in Dubai

Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Well what else are we gonna do?

We've had 2 matches of Nadal in the past month and we have to wait another 2 weeks for his Dubai thrashing
I'm not saying don't talk about it, just do it in the relevant thread

Just as Rafa starts his decline , his forum is more active than ever. Oh, the irony

Last edited by l_mac : 02-21-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: can't spell again
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Default Re: Disappointed and dismayed but moving on to Dubai

Quote:
Edit: On Linda's insistence, I have changed the thread title
You could have been meaner (he deserves it ) but thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #15
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
But what's the point? It just makes us all Everything has been said. Want me to bump the schedule thread for you? It's only about 10 down
Worthless, as I said.

Okay, enough of that. Keep up the spirit, people!

Anathema