Guess the Tour De France odds - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the Tour De France odds

This event now is the most open it's ever been. No Contador, No Leipheimer and no Kloden. No Vinoukourov. No anyone? So who would the bookies install as favourites?

Valverde? I don't think his spot in the tour is safe either with operation puerto being re-opened. So who deserves the favourite honour? Wheel sucking Cadel?

So let's guess the odds and see how close we were when the odds come out in about a months time.

Evans - $4.50
Valverde - $5
F Schleck - $8
Sastre - $10
Menchov - $10
A Schleck - $10
Moreau - $12
Rogers - $12
Cunego - $12
Simoni - $12
Soler - $15
Casar - $15
Perero - $20
Kirchen - $20
Dekker - $20
Danielson - $50
Gerdemenn - $50
Hincapie - $60

Seriously, if you were a bookie, how the hell would you judge this? Everyone up to Dekker can win this thing. Evans is clearly not a favourite IMO but they will put him as favourite. What price would you put the first 15 riders who can clearly win this? You'd think that CSC and High Road will try and control the race - both teams will have very strong teams but if they don't, someone like Soler can run away with it.

Good luck to the bookies.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #2

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess the Tour De France odds

Here they are

Cadel Evans 3.00

Denis Menchov 7.00

Alejandro Valverde Belmonte 8.00

Carlos Sastre Candil 9.00

Michael Rogers 16.00

Damiano Cunego 17.00

Andy Schleck 21.00

Oscar Pereiro Sio 26.00

Mauricio Soler 26.00

Christophe Moreau 31.00

Yaroslav Popovych 31.00

José Angel Gomez Marchante 31.00

Thomas Dekker 31.00

Vladimir Karpets 31.00

Kim Kirchen 36.00

Haimar Zubeldia Aguirre 36.00

Riccardo Ricco 36.00

Mikel Astarloza Chaurreau 51.00

Frank Schleck 51.00

Linus Gerdemann 51.00

Samuel Sanchez 67.00

George Hincapie 81.00

Juan Manuel Garate 101.00

Stijn Devolder 101.00

Sandy Casar 101.00

Sylvain Chavanel 151.00

Thomas Voeckler 151.00

Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #3

Schleck at $21

Woah

Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #4

This event is more open than the odds suggest. Wheel sucker Cadel that short? Dekker is good odds too.

Don't forget a few things that is happening.

Operation Puerto has been re-opened - Valverde is linked to it.

Rogers is among the T-Mobile 2006 Tour de France team of accusations that he doped.

Might be worth putting something small on some of these long shots because if it goes the way I don't want it to, Rogers and Valverde won't be riding this year and that means odds for Sastre, Menchov and Schleck will come right in.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:52 AM   #5
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute

Betting on Evans at 3.00 is a major mistake imo. First of all, he is not that good, period. Second of all, there could be a big surprise and Astana could get into to TdF, somehow... And then they will come with Contador, Levi and Klodi. I will believe that they won't start if they won't be there at the prologue.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #6

Yep

Crazy people will bet on Evans just like crazy people bet on Vino last year for arguments sake.

Evans is the most over-rated cyclist there is - I think he is over-rated by the Australian Media bigtime.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Schleck seems like a good bet but is he going to ride the Giro this year?

Honestly I feel Menchov is going to win.

Evans is good but he isn't that good in the mountains with anyone who can accelerate.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Hincapie is way under the odds @ 60 imo.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale10 View Post
Betting on Evans at 3.00 is a major mistake imo. First of all, he is not that good, period. Second of all, there could be a big surprise and Astana could get into to TdF, somehow... And then they will come with Contador, Levi and Klodi. I will believe that they won't start if they won't be there at the prologue.
Levi is a useless piece of shit. Forget about him.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Yep

Crazy people will bet on Evans just like crazy people bet on Vino last year for arguments sake.

Evans is the most over-rated cyclist there is - I think he is over-rated by the Australian Media bigtime.
Bolar, most Aussies have never even heard of Cadel.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #11
Banned!

Will Karpets be in the Tour this year?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #12
bad gambler

Evans is so much better then anyone else in the TT's now that Levi is out.

It depends how much he can limit the damage in the mountains because he has minutes over the rest of the riders on the TT.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #13
bad gambler

But yeah $3.00 if those are his odds are too short.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Forza Evans,price is abit low for the liking!Maybe its a good sign,somebody knows somethin?
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:21 AM   #15
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
Forza Evans,price is abit low for the liking!Maybe its a good sign,somebody knows somethin?
Bookies are trying to suck in money on Cadel with low odds.