The Thread Where We Laugh When Nole Loses Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #76
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Darth Cheater Vanquished in Marseille a.k.a. HaHa Nole Lost!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Until we get a concensus on the name this will have to do

It's a bittersweet moment for me, starting this thread. I maintained that Nole wasn't worthy of such an honour until he had won a Slam and, sadly, that came to pass earlier this year Dark times for tennis.

On the upside it will be nice to have somewhere to gleefully celebrate and record his losses. I'll be interested to note how many of his defeats this year are accompanied by a)standing on the baseline, hands on hips (or bent over) barely able to breathe b) much clutching of the lower back c) injury timeouts or are d)clear tanks.

I didn't see the game today but from reading the comments in the match thread I gather he ticked all four boxes

Do we include Davis Cup defeats in these threads? I am loathe to include Davydenko because of the nature of the loss.

2008 Nole Nullifying Roll of Honour

Davydenko (award pending)
Simon

Linda! No one deserved to start this thread more than you!

I must say I liked the initial title better otherwise it sounds more like a result thread: The Thread Where People Who Don't Like Nole Come To Laugh About His Defeats

Alternatively, since people cannot agree on a particular animal, character etc, I propose we name it 'The Djoko Roasting Thread' and for every loss each poster can be creative and use the animal, character etc of his/her preference and present a feast, funny photo, story, poem, whatever... to express his/her immense joy .
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #77
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I really liked Casta's suggestion on the blowfish. Maybe there should be a poll
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #78
country flag camnation

camnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond reputecamnation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I propose we name it 'The Djoko Roasting Thread'
Roasting implies that you guys are playful about Nole... the word dislike isn't even appropriate... just call it the Nole Hate Thread and get it over with.
camnation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #79
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnation View Post
Roasting implies that you guys are playful about Nole... the word dislike isn't even appropriate... just call it the Nole Hate Thread and get it over with.
For me hate is a word I can't use with someone I don't know personally, and even then hate is a poison that I don't wish to indulge in. Dislike, roast is ok, because I can dislike someone whose manners, playing style is not up to my liking.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #80
country flag Tnn74

Tnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond repute

glad to see the threads have been separated

>>PHENOMENADAL.COM
-Rafael Nadal Fansite! A Fresh Look.

-Still Slammin' for SAFIN. Forever.

Ferrero . Robredo . Nalbandian

I don't like Federer or Djokovic.
Tnn74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #81
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Alternatively, since people cannot agree on a particular animal, character etc, I propose we name it 'The Djoko Roasting Thread' and for every loss each poster can be creative and use the animal, character etc of his/her preference and present a feast, funny photo, story, poem, whatever... to express his/her immense joy .
I think that we should stick with MTF tradition and pick one (instead of having a mixture of animals/characters/things to eat)
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #82
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I still rather like "Djoko-Mocking"
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #83
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I still rather like "Djoko-Mocking"
No offence but that's too tame.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #84
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you object over the Piggy Roasting thread then? There can be some not always playful things there. Again- if other players can have such threads- why should Nole be immune?

I still would like something with Darth in the title though.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #85
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm Novak's fan and I don't think this is a hate thread. I just hope people here will come up with something very funny. I always laugh so much when I read hilarious mocking comments about Novak from Escude, I_mac, Sawan, Alomeih, Allure, Clara Bow etc.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #86
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
Do you object over the Piggy Roasting thread then? There can be some not always playful things there. Again- if other players can have such threads- why should Nole be immune?

I still would like something with Darth in the title though.
I don't think the poster meant Nole to be immune.

As a Nole fan, I'm just a bit tired with all the varies threads about him. I would rather there's a roasting thread so everyone can put all their negative energies into one instead of a million threads and then mods are forced to read through every single post and figured out whether the threads should be merged or not.

Just be done with it. Have one bashing thread and then figure out whatever name you wanted.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #87
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Im just curiuos. Have Fed's Goat Cheese and Rabbit something been merged?
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #88
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I don't think the poster meant Nole to be immune.

As a Nole fan, I'm just a bit tired with all the varies threads about him. I would rather there's a roasting thread so everyone can put all their negative energies into one instead of a million threads and then mods are forced to read through every single post and figured out whether the threads should be merged or not.

Just be done with it. Have one bashing thread and then figure out whatever name you wanted.
I agree there should be one roasting thread. I just think the reason why Linda was concerned is hers was a roasting thread- and Jonathan's was more about his level of success. Meh... I guess it is a matter of semantics. (And I can get annoyingly anal about that- sorry. )

And as a Rafa fan- I can empathize with the fatigue of seeing all of the different threads bashing a player. It has calmed down a bit for - but for a while there- complaints about his clothing, his habits, his game, etc., etc. Now Nole has taken the mantle (and Rafa took the mantle from Roddick). It comes with success but should calm down but I imagine is vexing for mods in the process. The piggy roasting thread actually helped a lot- and even as a Rafa fan...I find it fun a lot of the times because a lot of the posters are just being funny and goofy.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #89
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Nole?

you suck buddy

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #90
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah- there was a real need for roasting when Nadal retired against Monaco. Rafa never does that well in the last part of the season- in particular on NA hardcourts. So sorry- can't agree with you in that Rafa's losses on hard are sooooo very much rarer than Noles on hard that Nole needs to be buffered in his roasting thread.
The difference being that Hard is Djokovic's best surface while Hard is Nadal's weakest. If we compare Djokovic's performances on Hard to Nadal's on Clay, it's not even comparable. Call us when Djoko does an 80 game win streak on Hard and then we can talk about a roasting thread.

Quote:
What goes for one player should go for another imo. And haven't people been saying that Nole is a better hard court player than Rafa for a while now? I'm not in the mood to give Nole some protection in his roasting thread when others don't get it.
He hasn't earned it when he loses more often then Nadal on hard, when hard is his best surface.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote