Juan at Wimbledon - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #46
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan at Wimbledon

Good Luck JC and lets hope rain doesnt stop play as Im goin 2moro!!!

Nice pictures everyone!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #47
JC`s rainbow

JC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond reputeJC`s rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

It`s just so wonderful to see him back and winning !!
I was so happy today after his victory, I SCREAMED ! LOL !

Am I imagining things or did anybody else notice that he was supported very much by the crowd ??
And he seemed to be so happy, especially after his 1st round victory, like if he wanted to say- yes, I`m back !!

He just HAS TO win against Ginepri, he has to !!
JC`s rainbow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #48
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Ginepri and injury.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:20 AM   #49
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Juanqui has another injury ?? any infos about it??

Well done JC , that was a great victory!!! Now keep it up and win your next match too!!! GOOOOOOOOO JC!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:11 AM   #50
country flag Aen_NN

Aen_NN is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Juan at Wimbledon

JC,vamos~~~~~~
Aen_NN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #51
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

Juan,yesterday U played an amazing match!!!
Also good luck to U today!!!
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #52
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Well done yesterday Juan Carlos

It was an incredible last set to watch and JC played so well fighting off the match points

Good Luck today Juanqui
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #53
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Man... I was nervous yesterday! Staring at my PC screen! Well done JC!

Actually I hope it will rain. I think JC is kinda tired... But... VAMOS JUANQUI!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #54
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

re injury >> it looks like he's having trouble with his thigh at the moment - he had to call a trainer during the match against Koubek.

this is an article from the Wimbledon website - which talks a little about it.

Quote:
Ferrero in Fine Form

Thursday, June 24, 2004

The number six seed Juan Carlos Ferrero saved two match points to defeat Stefan Koubek 4-6, 7-5, 5-7, 7-6(6), 8-6 in the second round today. For much of the match it seemed that the 2003 French Open champion was destined to become the biggest casualty of The Championships to date. But he held on to win 8-6 in the fifth.

It was a boost to the Spaniard in a difficult season, after his best year to date in 2003. Chickenpox, that least fashionable of adult illnesses, cost him four weeks out in March. Then rib and wrist injuries forced another two-week lay-off in May. His late decision to attempt a defence of his title at Roland Garros ended in second round defeat. Today he was clearly in pain with a thigh injury but held on for a dramatic victory.

Left-handed Koubek, 27, made his returns count in the first set. At 5-6 Ferrero saved one set point with battling play from the baseline. But Koubek immediately earned another with an unreturnable crosscourt forehand. An unforced error from Ferrero gave the Austrian the first honours.

At once matters became worse for Ferrero with Koubek earning another break, at which point rain gave the Spaniard time to regroup. On resumption he pulled the set back to 4-4 and Koubek hurled his racket to the turf, a sight which would become familiar during the rest of the match.

But Ferrero was also frustrated, engaging umpire Norm Chryst in lengthy debate on a line call and chiding himself for his own unforced errors. A moment later he wrong-footed Koubek with a powerful forehand to break him for 6-5. When Ferrero took the set to level the match, Koubek's racket bounced across the lawn again.

Although Koubek's serving was the more accurate of the two, the third set seemed destined for a tiebreak until Ferrero suddenly yielded a set point. When the Spaniard's forehand clouted the net cord and fell back towards him, he was a set down again.

At 1-2 in the fourth Ferrero called the trainer and attention was given to his right thigh, already strapped beneath his shorts. After another rain break the Spaniard made it through to the tiebreak where sterling baseline work took him into the fifth set, where he had to save two match points before grasping a richly-deserved triumph.
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #55
country flag Alisa

Alisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Juan at Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha
Alisa, your JC avtar is too good. He looks good in it.(Actually when he does'nt)
hahaha... but my avatar is a real proof that sometimes he really does, in some uncatchable moments... just joking: he always looks great!

JuanChuffy007, thanx!! i'm fond of all these things like banners, wallpapers, graphics... I just wanted to do smth for cheering up JC!

Great that Juanqui beat Stefan Koubek but i was so nervous.... i saw the statistics of the match: JC made lots of mistakes... i'm really very worried about today's match... and this injury!!! My God! hope he'll feel himself well....... Good luck Juanqui! wish you the best of the mostly best that can be!!

Dmitry Tursunov GO!!

AO 2005 SF Roger Federer vs. Marat Safin
Alisa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #56
country flag |-Safin_Coria-|

|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute

what was up with his game today against Ginepri!?
he looked like he wasn't even trying
|-Safin_Coria-| is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:20 PM   #57
country flag Alisa

Alisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond reputeAlisa has a reputation beyond repute

maybe its about his injuries? but really, he was very upset and rather serious... pity he lost and we won't see him in current weeks.... but nevertheless it was nice to see him playing again!!!

Dmitry Tursunov GO!!

AO 2005 SF Roger Federer vs. Marat Safin
Alisa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #58
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe containing injuries,but I don't know why he lose big servers many times?He should improve something and the most important thing is he MUST change his coach!!!Anyone agree???
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #59
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Wimbledon yesterday and saw some of the match against Koubek…but couldn’t watch it all coz my sis wanted to get back on Centre Court coz we got tickets!! But I got a few pics of Juan and he is sooo hott!!! When he was playin and losin to Koubek I was watchin the match of Venus and was soo worried that I thought he was actually gonna lose…but my sis said that he is Juan Carlos Ferrero and will ofcourse bounce back and win…and wen he did I was soooooo happy u wouldn’t believe it! And I wish I saw that match…but if I did I would probably have shaken like hell, sonce he was losin a couple of times in the match…but I’m glad he got through it!

It’s a real shame that he lost today…especially how he played yesterday…but let’s look to the future and hope that it’s bright for him!

Good Luck JC for Olympics! Yay!!!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:51 PM   #60
Crazy_Fool

Crazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy_Fool has a reputation beyond repute

This is a real difficult year for JC, he can't play for 5 minutes without being tired or injured. Its tough, watching that match was tough for me. I wanted him to win this tournament more than anyone, it just wasn't going to happen.

I just hope he can be fit for the next tournament, and stay fit for the rest of the year.

Quote:
Maybe containing injuries,but I don't know why he lose big servers many times?He should improve something and the most important thing is he MUST change his coach!!!Anyone agree???
Yeah, i think he needs a change, just to bring some fresh ideas. He does struggle against big servers, maybe someone else can help him out a bit.
Crazy_Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote