^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^ - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #121
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

Mark

Quote:
"Cilic: I have reached Top 10 but I still have goals"
ZAGREB - Start of the last season was great for Marin Cilic, as he won Zagreb and Chennai and reached 4th round of the Australian Open during the first 40 days of 2009. But this year might be even better! He won Chennai again and advanced to the semifinals of the Australian Open. It means that during this week he will be ranked as number 10 on ATP singles rankings, which is his best rankings ever.

"Season has started better then I expected. For the first time in my career I had to defend an ATP title in Chennai and pressure on me was higher than usual. I gained extra experiance at the Australian Open and I am more than satisfied with the level of my game. My tennis against Juan Martin del Potro and Andy Roddick was great. I opened a new window for the upcoming months and already have 1000 points", Cilic said in fron of the media in the tournament's press office on Monday.

Did you have enough time to rest and adjust to the different time zone?

"I arrived on Saturday and got some rest, but the most important thing was not to get lazy. It will be all under control on Wednesday."

How do you feel as member of the elite Top 10 club?

"Nothing has changed so far. I still want to advance, to play better, to learn something new during every practice session. By reaching Top 10 I took some pressure off my back but I still have goals."

You practiced with Goran Ivanisevic on Sunday. How was that arranged?

"We discussed that at the end of the last year. Goran said he wanted to help me and that's great. I really think that his experience will be of great help and that I will get some very useful advice to use in my game."
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #122
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

Thanks for the article
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #123
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

linus: You're welcome and I completely agree, Marin seems so open and frank. Nice boy. Also I found the answer about mixed doubles funny. He was polite about the girls but good that he made himself clear he he. Although maybe a little more tack was needed.

About the sweet girl to teach him to say nice things, he might well say very nice things to the sweet girl, but would you really want him to turn into one of those men who flirts with everyone?
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #124
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marin Cilic

Call him a player’s player. The quiet giant may not have a lot of marquee value, and he doesn’t own a stroke that I love to watch—his forehand is pretty loopy and busy, and seeing him reach up for a serve hurts my back—but he’s a walking lesson in how to handle your emotions on court. He tries his best, and if it doesn’t work he moves on. Maybe my new motto on court should be WWMD: What would Marin do? A
This was posted on Steve Tignor's blog.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...est-of-oz.html
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #125
country flag watchdogfish

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond reputewatchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, what would Marin do?
That should be our motto here too
watchdogfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #126
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the FH isn't the smoothest looking around, but I like it nonetheless, well when he finds his range on it, otherwise I'm pulling my hair out The one thing that floors me every time is the one from the wrist. I'm off to see if I can find a clip of it, who wants to work anyway
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #127
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAngel View Post
linus: You're welcome and I completely agree, Marin seems so open and frank. Nice boy. Also I found the answer about mixed doubles funny. He was polite about the girls but good that he made himself clear he he. Although maybe a little more tack was needed.
You are so kind my friend Totally agree with you about that "clear Marin"

Quote:
About the sweet girl to teach him to say nice things, he might well say very nice things to the sweet girl, but would you really want him to turn into one of those men who flirts with everyone?
what you described makes me a little bit nervous. Of course I never wanted him to flirt around and he couldnt persude himself to do that either he will go to a more matural guy who knows how to make ppl feel good and keep self-honest. At some point he just put himself at the position of answering after answering.

BTW... some friends who met him live last year told to me again and again how he was nice to ppl who even werent his fans at all, how his brother Vinko arranged the gifts and Marin got used to depend on that, how he walked to practice alone which made my friends feel so lonely they meant his tall and thin back brought them into a groomy mood and etc, I couldnt list them all at once, next time
Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #128
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
This was posted on Steve Tignor's blog.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...est-of-oz.html
Thank you dear for sharing this, I like it

I am sure Marin would show ppl more, improving on the road while I love the motto too

WWMD
Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #129
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
You are so kind my friend Totally agree with you about that "clear Marin"

what you described makes me a little bit nervous. Of course I never wanted him to flirt around and he couldnt persude himself to do that either he will go to a more matural guy who knows how to make ppl feel good and keep self-honest. At some point he just put himself at the position of answering after answering.

BTW... some friends who met him live last year told to me again and again how he was nice to ppl who even werent his fans at all, how his brother Vinko arranged the gifts and Marin got used to depend on that, how he walked to practice alone which made my friends feel so lonely they meant his tall and thin back brought them into a groomy mood and etc, I couldnt list them all at once, next time
No, I don't think that he could become that kind of man either. I just meant that maybe he was trying to be very clear or he just did not understand that the girls might have been upset that he does not like playing mixed doubles, as he has always said that he just doesn't like playing mixed doubles.

But you are right, maybe a female influence would have helped him give a more tactful answer. I am sure he would not have upset anyone on purpose.

That's really sweet, thank-you for telling us all. Lucky friends of yours.
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #130
country flag linus

My dear, I have to begin to like you coz you have the same virtue as Marin I understood you well, and I am kinda a funny girl, tend to imagine something crazy Those tough and at-first answers did make me wanna laugh every time I read them

And I liked your joke of flirting thing funny so I went on it for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAngel View Post
No, I don't think that he could become that kind of man either. I just meant that maybe he was trying to be very clear or he just did not understand that the girls might have been upset that he does not like playing mixed doubles, as he has always said that he just doesn't like playing mixed doubles.

But you are right, maybe a female influence would have helped him give a more tactful answer. I am sure he would not have upset anyone on purpose.

That's really sweet, thank-you for telling us all. Lucky friends of yours.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #131
country flag linus

one article from ATP offcial site http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...nto-Final.aspx

Unstoppable Cilic Marches Into Final; Faces Berrer
Zagreb, Croatia
by ATP Staff | 06.02.2010

Quote:
Defending champion Marin Cilic continued his impressive run of form as he marched into the PBZ Zagreb Indoors final by defeating third seed Jurgen Melzer 7-6(5), 6-4 Saturday in the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tennis tournament.

Victory for Cilic avenged the defeat he suffered to Melzer in the final of the Bank Austria TennisTrophy last October and took him to a 14-1 mark on the season so far. The Croatian opened the year by defending his title at the Aircel Chennai Open (d. Wawrinka) before reaching his first Grand Slam semi-final at the Australian Open (l. to Murray).

The new World No. 10 – a career-high position for Cilic in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings – went down a break at 3-4 in the first set against Melzer but immediately hit back to draw level and sealed the one-set lead in the subsequent tie-break. Cilic started strongly in the second set, breaking his Austrian opponent in the first game, and it proved to be enough for victory as he later served out the win to love after one hour and 49 minutes.

"Melzer was a really tough opponent, it took me a very long time to find the rhythm," admitted Cilic. "I was very often in tricky situations, 0/30 or 15/30, and it was not easy. Winning the first set was a big relief. And the second set was much, much better from my side. I would say that I served excellently in the second set."

The 21-year-old Cilic is through to his seventh ATP World Tour final (4-2 record) and will look to defend the title he claimed last year with victory over Mario Ancic in an all-Croatian final.

In the final, Cilic will face a first-time meeting with Michael Berrer, who defeated Philipp Petzschner 7-6(6), 7-5 in an all-German clash to reach his first ATP World Tour singles final.

The 29-year-old Berrer rallied from an early break deficit to win the first set on a tie-break, saving one set point at 5-6. He then broke serve in the 11th game of the second set before serving out victory after one hour and 46 minutes.

World No. 65 Berrer, who ousted the No. 5 (Tipsarevic) and No. 4 (Troicki) seeds en route to the semi-finals, improved to a 7-2 mark on the season. The left-hander reached the quarter-finals at the Aircel Chennai Open (l. to Wawrinka) in the first week of the season and is coming off a title win at the Heilbronn Challenger.

"I'm pleased with the past couple of months," said Berrer. "I've been working well with my new coach Claudio Pistolesi, we are a good team. He taught me to play more aggressively.

"[Cilic is] the favourite. I'll try to give my best. He has the pressure, playing at home. I had the same situation at a lower level last week [in Heilbronn]."
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #132
country flag linus

from ATP official site http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...nds-Title.aspx

Cilic Battles To Title Defence

Zagreb, Croatia
by ATP Staff | 07.02.2010

Quote:
New ATP World Tour No. 10 Marin Cilic came through a tough test to defend his title at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors, defeating first-time finalist Michael Berrer 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-3 Sunday in the final of the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tennis tournament.

As winner, Cilic received 250 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points and €68,450, while Berrer earned 150 Ranking points and €35,980 in prize money.

Cilic has started the 2010 season in red-hot form and improved to a 15-1 match record. The 21 year old opened the year by successfully defending his title at the Aircel Chennai Open (d. Wawrinka) before reaching his first Grand Slam semi-final at the Australian Open (l. to Murray). He subsequently rose to a career-high No. 10 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings.

“I would say this [title] is the [most] special one," said Cilic. "I did not have much time to adjust after the Australian Open; it was not easy to meet people's expectations. I am proud about what I've done.”

Victory marked Cilic’s fifth ATP World Tour title. The Monte-Carlo resident first triumphed at Pilot Pen Tennis (d. Fish) in New Haven in 2008 and has added to his tally with two wins apiece in Chennai and Zagreb in 2009 and 2010. The right-hander improved to a 5-2 record in ATP World Tour finals, with his two defeats coming last year at the China Open (d. Nadal, l. to Djokovic) in Beijing and the Bank Austria TennisTrophy (l. to Melzer) in Vienna.

Having come through his first four matches this week in straight sets, Cilic faced his toughest test yet in the final against the unseeded Berrer, who had accounted for No. 5 seed Janko Tipsarevic and No. 4 Viktor Troicki en route to the title match.

Cilic made a strong start to the pair’s first meeting, breaking serve in the fifth game before going on to close out a one-set lead. Neither player was able to break serve in the second set, although both had opportunities, and it was Berrer who stepped up in the resulting tie-break, racing to a 5-2 lead before levelling the match.

The top seed regained the momentum midway through the deciding set, though, breaking serve in the fourth game and saving two break points as he served out the hard-fought victory after two hours and 38 minutes. The Croatian was strong on serve, firing 13 aces and saving all six break points he faced.

“I was surprised with the level of his game," confessed Cilic. "It's not that I underestimated him; it's just that I did not expect this level of tennis in his first major final. There were no ups and downs in his game; I had to earn every point.

“I was not as fast today as I was in the previous rounds. I have played lot of matches this year, but it was also mentally tough. Now I can relax."

“I was sure that it would be a very, very tough match," said Berrer. "But I felt I had chances because with the way I play I can hurt players and I did today, but at the end he showed that he is a Top 10 player. There’s a difference in playing a guy like him than playing a guy outside the Top 20."

Cilic, who captured the title on home soil last year with victory over Mario Ancic in an all-Croatian final, improved to a 12-3 tournament record having won his past 10 matches in a row since suffering a second-round defeat to Simone Bolelli in 2008.

World No. 65 Berrer had advanced to his first ATP World Tour final without the loss of a set, but again failed to defeat one of the game’s elite, slipping to a 0-10 lifetime record against Top 10 players. The 29 year old dropped to a 7-3 record on the year, also highlighted by a quarter-final effort at the Aircel Chennai Open (l. to Wawrinka).

“If I can work on this level then I can get to a high ranking," said Berrer. "Now, I hope I’m in a good way but you have to be lucky to stay healthy and everything, but so far, so good. If I can go on playing like this then I think I can get in the area of the top players and that will be really a success for me."
Old 02-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #133
country flag linus

Almost we all agree that Marin deserves to take a big relax, right? while for the words Marin said, some friend seemed to have different opinion, I read it on Yahoo site

Quote:
“Now I can relax,” Cilic said'

Don't get too relaxed. You are now one of the big boys. It's the price that you must pay. Relaxation at your level is an illusion. You have the game....keep it up!!

Congrats and stay thirsty my friend.
This guy is really lovely and we can read out his care on Marin and Marin' tennis on court, so with so many supports from us, I believe Marin would have a better future while pls keep in good health, which means the only important thing to me
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #134
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks linus. I think our friend on yahoo is a tad too eager It's definitely time to unwind and recharge batteries. He'll be back on court in no time.

In related news, Goran will be with him in Miami and IW

BTW, I love the pandas in your avatar
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #135
country flag bibatof

bibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond repute

Inside the world of...Marin Cilic
World No.14 Marin Cilic will try to end the hopes of Australian young gun Bernard Tomic in the second round of Australian Open 2010 on Wednesday. Here, we ask him the tough questions.

If you were not a tennis player, what would you be?

You mean in the next life? A football player.

What music is on your iPod?
I don’t listen so much the iPod, but I listen to a mix, maybe hip hop and rock.

What is your favourite breakfast?
Bread with jam with and butter.

What is your favourite thing about the Australian Open?

A lot of people and a lot of different cultures mixed. A lot of fans!

What is your favourite movie?

Troy, Lord of the Rings and Braveheart.

What do you do to get away from tennis?
Sleep.

Do you have any lucky charms or superstitions?

Sometimes I use the same shower, but I don’t really believe in that stuff.

What website do you visit every day or keep updated with?

My mail and Croatian newspapers.

What’s your worst habit?

[thinking] My worst one … after practice, I like to sit on the court for another five or 10 minutes and pack up my stuff slowly. When I am travelling, I pack up quick.

Who would you most like to have over for dinner, dead or alive?

That’s a trick question! … Jessica Biel.

source : http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...0100120126396…