^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^ - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #106
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...avi&id=4855696

Quote:
"Definitely the win against Murray in New York was very good, and then against Davydenko, Nadal and Verdasco," Bob Brett, Cilic's venerable coach, said before practice Monday. "He's just become more aggressive. Now he's stronger, fitter, and he's able to sustain it for a longer period of time. Playing these guys more often, it's possible to learn."

Cilic certainly isn't averse to learning, added Brett, who has coached a few other Croats, including the zany Goran Ivanisevic and the intelligent Mario Ancic. Brett has also coached Boris Becker. Cilic and Brett have been together for almost six years.

"What is very good about him is that he's always ready for that something that needs to be changed and added to," Brett said. "He's very receptive and listens to my craziness. He's so committed to being good. He's a great athlete, he wants to be at the top, so he does everything that goes with that. He really has the passion."
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #107
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

''Cilic ready to come out of age'', one article written before the quaterfinals vs Roddick from AO offical site.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...489755843.html

Quote:
Juan Martin del Potro broke out and won the 2009 US Open, but one of the up-and-comers he bested in New York, Croatian Marian Cilic, got a significant measure of revenge on him in Melbourne, chopping down the big Argentine in a marathon five-set win in the fourth round on Sunday.

While he’s not favored to win the title, it’s possible that Cilic could go the same way that del Potro did in New York and win his first major. At 198cm, he has the size and the power to hit through anyone. He has one of the cleanest and hardest-to-read backhands down the line on tour, has plenty of pop on his serve, can whale a forehand, and doesn’t mind closing out points at the net.

The 21-year-old could still put some more meat on his bones, but under the tutelage of Bob Brett, who coached Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic and is a disciple of the former Aussie Davis Cup coaching legend Harry Hopman, Cilic has filled out both physically and mentally.

“I think now I'm in a good position where I can look at myself, how I'm supposed to play,” Cilic said. “Definitely physical part is one thing that I improved a bit in this off‑season. So that helps to play these long matches in a more consistent way. And also from the first few rounds, I had tough opponents, tough matches. So it just shows me how well I can play also, how well I'm prepared.”

In 2004, Ivanisevic recommended that that the greenhorn Cilic go and work with Brett in San Remo, and although Cilic didn’t want to leave his friends and family in his hometown of Medjugorje, he knew he had little choice if he wanted to become a prime-time player.

“He was a very good 15-year-old who already had a great backhand,” said Brett, who also coached Wimbledon champion Boris Becker. “He was able to move a player around the court and dictate points, but not with a lot of power. He already had a good understanding of the court.”

While Brett was critical to Cilic’s development, so was his father, Zdenko, a hard worker who rarely had time for sports when was growing up.

“My father was determined that my older brothers, Vinko, Goran, and I would get the opportunity to play sport, as he did not get any opportunities growing up,” said Cilic, who began to play tennis at the age of seven. “The town had no tennis tradition prior to 1991, when the first tennis court was built. My friends and I were among the first to play on it.”

Ivanisevic has predicted great things for Cilic, saying he “can be a future top 10 player easily”. He’s been prescient, as Cilic is already ranked No. 14, and when he leaves Melbourne, might already have made that jump.

Last year, Cilic won a career-high 48 matches and captured two titles, Chennai and Zagreb, and he began this season by impressively repeating as the titlist in Chennai.

After upsetting Andy Murray but then falling to del Potro in New York last September, Cilic knew that he had to improve his conditioning and court stewardship. He needed five long sets to best Aussie teen Bernard Tomic in the second round, four sets to overcome 19th-seed Stan Wawrinka, and then five to outlast del Potro. He’s clearly coming of age.

“Everybody has his own way,” he said. “But since the US Open, I started to play much better. To win against better guys more often. Here, I had some tough matches in the first few rounds, and also that gave me a little more in one way that I was hitting a lot of balls. But also physically‑wise I was maybe a little bit skeptic what it was going to be. But [against del Potro] I felt really good physically, and that in the end was the main difference.”

Brett has cautioned Cilic not to get overly excited with his wins, and not feel too down after his losses. Becoming a great player is all about process, learning the ins and outs of the tour and your opponent’s tendencies, as well as your own strengths and weaknesses. Cilic has improved a ton, but he’s still three matches from his first major title. He’ll face the experienced Andy Roddick on Tuesday, a heck of a fighter who has reached the Australian Open semi-finals four times and sees a clear path to his first final.

If Cilic is going to take out the seventh seed, he had better be ready for a cage match, because Roddick relishes the battle.

“I believe I'm going to be ready. I'm coming with good background.” Cilic said.

“I played great matches, winning against del Potro also shows that I didn't go in that match, not to lose anything. I’ve come to quarters. Now I'm not going to let it go easy.”
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #108
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

"The stamina man", an article by Alix Ramsay after the quarterfinals over Roddick from AO site.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...497949109.html

Quote:
Tennis Australia will have to dig deep into the coffers if Marin Cilic keeps on winning.

After he had survived yet another five-set epic, his third of the tournament, to beat Andy Roddick 7-6(4) 6-3 3-6 2-6 6-3, he shared his joy with the crowd by throwing his official Australian Open towels into the crowd. He threw handfuls of them away – and carefully handed one to a little girl who could not reach through the throng – and those things cost $55. He could break the bank if he reaches the final.

Cilic had good cause to be delighted. He had just survived an emotional roller-coaster of a match, one that, for two sets, he was winning with ease against an injured opponent, and then one that he almost let slip away from him for two sets as Roddick staged a remarkable comeback.

Roddick had first felt something untoward in his right shoulder in the fifth set of his previous match as he slugged it out with Fernando Gonzalez. When he went to serve or hit a high forehand, he felt a sharp pain, and after the first set against Cilic, he also had a tingling sensation down his arm and his fingertips felt numb. This was clearly not a good sign.

But Roddick is now one of the older generation on the tour, and as a veteran of 35 previous Grand Slam campaigns, he has a wealth of experience upon which to draw. Cilic, on the other hand, was playing only his second major quarter-final, and was sailing into uncharted waters. Roddick’s game plan was simple: hang in there as long as possible in the hope that Cilic may get tight. And, amazingly, it almost worked.

Throughout his career, various coaches have tried to find a way to harness Roddick’s power and fighting spirit – not to mention a serve and a forehand that could kill a yak at 100 paces – and turn it into a consistent championship-winning whole. Many coaches tried, but their suggestions only worked for a while before Roddick reverted to his old ways. And then along came Larry Stefanki.

Stefanki has managed to curb Roddick’s more wayward on-court habits and has instilled a new belief in his charge. From being on the verge of retirement 18 months ago, Roddick now plays with controlled aggression, has a variety of game plans and has re-established himself as a threat at the big tournaments.

But, bizarrely, it was reverting to type that kept the American in the match. Unable to hit with any topspin, Roddick was hitting flat and clattering it for a winner whenever the opportunity presented itself – and sometimes when it didn’t. It was the all-or-nothing tennis he used to play as a teenager, but for two sets it worked. The sight of Roddick, all 88kg of him, flinging himself at the ball frightened the living daylights out of Cilic as the third and fourth sets whistled by him.

By the fifth set, though, Cilic was trying simply to focus on the point in front of him. Once he got his first game on the scorecard, he relaxed a little, and then when Roddick made a couple of errors to drop his serve and go 3-1 down, Cilic could at last breathe easy. By that stage, Roddick could not feel two of the fingers on his right hand, which left him struggling to control every shot.

“I was playing pretty high‑risk and the ball was dropping in for a couple of sets,” Roddick said.

“Like I said, I even think I hit it pretty decent in the fifth. The two balls, the two forehands, that I missed to get broken were after I hit five or six balls pretty firm before that.

“It ended up, you know, working out for me okay from the baseline. I was just having to break too many times.”

For Cilic, he has a semi-final to ponder, while Roddick heads for the doctor’s office to find out exactly what is causing the pain in his shoulder.

“All signs at this point are good,” Roddick said. “Sounds like something, whether it was a nerve that was compressed or something, I don't know, cutting off something. But they don't think it's going to be anything too serious long‑term.

“I'm sure we'll take the proper precautions and check it out. But at this point, I'm not real, real scared about it.”
Old 01-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #109
country flag linus

post-quarterfinals match interview: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...498534593.html

Quote:
Q. Your first Grand Slam semifinal. How did you get there? What was the key to the game?

MARIN CILIC: Today was not easy. I was also a little bit tired from the matches before. First set got a lot of energy out of me 'cause there was I think not only physical battle but also was mental, the battle, the first set, to gain the advantage. So that was most important to win for me.

And then later I started to get into the match a little bit easier. I was feeling a little bit better. But he started to play pretty good in the beginning of the third. Was putting a lot of pressure on me.

Then I got lost a bit. It wasn't easy to come back. I was having trouble with my serve. Wasn't putting enough first serves in. I had to work for every point. It was tough 'cause he started to play much better and closer to the baseline and making me run a lot. Then it wasn't easy to accept that.

So the fifth set was I think a little bit turned around for me when I saved those three breakpoints in the first game. It was a little bit of a relief. I just was thinking to play point by point, to try to stick with him, and I hopefully get my chance, which I did.

Q. Andy said as a 21‑year‑old he was impressed with your composure. Is that something you've worked on or are you naturally relaxed?

MARIN CILIC: No, not really that I particularly worked on that. I'm like that naturally. And definitely it helps me to think about things that I have to do on the court, not to be upset about myself or something like that. I think one positive area in my game.

Q. Does that composure help you through?

MARIN CILIC: Yes, I would say especially today where it would be easy to let it go after losing those two sets, third and fourth that easy, and it wasn't easy to come back in the fifth. And also, of course, in the first match with Tomic where we had a pretty big battle.

Q. Do you think it will also help when you come up to a semifinal?

MARIN CILIC: I'm not sure. In this case I'm not sure yet. I think it's the biggest thing that gonna be in there for me is to try to recover as much as I can and to try to be ready that I can play on my level.

I mean, composure is nothing comparing to physical ability.

Q. What were your thoughts when you could see Andy was suffering a little bit? What was going through your mind?

MARIN CILIC: Well, when I saw he took a medical, I didn't know what was it for. I didn't know what to expect. He was that second set a little bit down with his composure also. It seemed that he was letting it go a little bit easier than in the first set. I didn't know what to expect.

Third set was a bit of a surprise for me when he started to play a little bit better. I think he went for it little bit more and gave it a shot, which was obviously working for him and not for me.

Q. In the first game of the first(?fifth) set, most of us would have said, It's the end of the world. What do you do?

MARIN CILIC: I just think, Oh, man, put that first serve in. I think what I have to do that moment, I tried to pick a spot, pick a combination that I'm going to play, just not think about the score, try to do the best I can on my own side and that's it.

Q. Were you surprised you got out of it?

MARIN CILIC: I was a little bit surprised because he was breaking me pretty easily in those two sets. When I got out of it, I mean, I later started to serve even better. I was mentally fresher.

Q. Do you allow yourself to think about winning the tournament yet?

MARIN CILIC: No. No, I mean, I'm still far away from that. I mean, it's tough to think about that, especially in this case where I had three matches in five sets. It won't be easy.

Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).

Q. Why are you a good player?

MARIN CILIC: I know how to learn. I mean, what can I say?

Q. Have you been doing any extra work over the break leading into this year or...

MARIN CILIC: Nothing in particular. I was doing my own routine. Also wasn't easy 'cause we didn't have such a big break, especially for the guys who played the Masters. But, for example, I had four weeks of preparation, which is a little bit maybe short to get ready for the whole season. And I think I did well.

Also playing in Chennai helped me a little bit because also there it's tough and humid and not easy to play. So physically I think I was ready for every match here.

Q. You say you know how to learn. Is Bob Brett a good teacher?

MARIN CILIC: Yes, he's a very good teacher. I'm with him already several years, and he knows how I breathe, how I stand on the court, what things he could give me, which advices in which moment. So he knows me pretty well.

Obviously, he's very experienced. He helped me a lot in this Grand Slam level. Without him, the achievement would be very tough to get to.

Q. Do you have the game to take it to Murray or Nadal?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, I don't know. Today was tough match mentally. Like if I would compare it with the Del Potro match, I played way better. But it's not easy when you come into these stages of tournament where you didn't get to before too many times. It's not easy psychologically to be able to bring your best tennis when you need it.

But for Murray or Nadal, I mean, definitely whoever it's gonna be, it's gonna take also a lot of energy out of me. So we'll see how I'm gonna be able to survive.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #110
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

love it. thanks

Quote:

Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #111
country flag erica

erica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the part with "'Cause I'm a good player"!
erica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #112
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

http://zh-hk.facebook.com/notes/head...c/130227448279

HEAD sat down with Marin Cilic to find out a little bit more about his interests, life on tour and his mom's home cooking. He also offered a few training tips for serious tennis players and told us why he plays with the YOUTEK Radical MP.

How would your friends or peers describe you?
I am not 100% sure but I believe they would say that I am quite calm, honest, always working hard and looking to improve in different things.

Was there a tennis player you idolized when you were a kid?
There was always someone who I liked to watch. In 90’s there was a great generation of players, and it was great time for tennis. As I'm a Croatian my idol was Goran Ivanisevic. He was a player that everyone liked to watch, especially because of his personality.

How do you spend the last 30 minutes right before a match?
Usually before the match I have little warm up. I do few exercises to get warm and then 10-15 minutes before the match, I try to find some space for myself where I can focus on the things I want to do during the match, and also to prepare mentally for that.

What does a typical day include for you? What is your schedule like from when you wake up in the morning and then go to sleep at night?
A typical day when I’m not playing in tournaments is that I like to have an early morning tennis session, after that a gym workout, break for lunch and some rest, then in the afternoon practice and then having the evening off. Depending on the location, I can add also little relaxation with friends in the evening.

What is the funniest/strangest thing you’ve seen happen at a tournament, either in the player’s lounge area or on court?
One of the strangest things that happened to me while playing a tennis match was in 2007 during Wimbledon. I played a match against Gilles Simon and after winning a 4th set to tie the score at two sets all, the sprinklers turned on accidentally and water was all over the court. We ended up changing courts, but when we started to play on the other court, it was humid and wet as it was covered right before we came on it. Again, we moved to another court and then finished our match there after almost a 20 minute break. Unfortunately I lost it. It was a little strange that something like that could happen at Wimbledon.

Life on tour is probably very demanding. What do you do when you aren’t playing or travelling to relax?
Life is not easy when you are on the road, the year is very long and you can’t be always in a good mood. A lot of times my brother is travelling with me so he keeps me company so we can go for a dinner, a drink in a city, cinema, play some golf, whatever is available. Most important is not to have your mind on tennis all day; you need some hobby for relaxation to keep your mind fresh for tennis.

What are your favorite things to eat while you are on the road?
I can’t live without meat, that’s the food I eat almost every day. I like to eat at Italian restaurants, their cuisine is very similar to Croatian cuisine. They have perfect food for athletes, a lot of pasta and also meat. But in the end, nothing compares to Mom’s cooking. Maybe during some tournaments she’ll be able to join.

What three training tips would you offer to someone wanting to improve their tennis game?
When I was younger and just starting to play futures tournaments, I worked much more on the tennis court to improve my endurance with intensity, using a lot of drills where you have to move. Working outside of the court on your physical ability can help you but not as much as on the tennis court. The other thing would be to strengthen your extensions of the court, your ability to control your body when you are out of balance. A workout with heavy weights in the gym helps you with that. And the third thing would be your will to be able to push yourself when it's really hard. In the end that makes a difference and makes your mind stronger so you know you are always ready to give more than 100%.

If you were not a professional tennis athlete, what profession do you think you would be in?
If I wasn’t playing tennis, I would definitely try to play some other sport, maybe basketball because of my height. If not, I would probably go to school and enjoy being home.

Why did you choose the HEAD YOUTEK Radical MP racquet as your weapon of choice?
The first time I played with my HEAD racquet I knew that was the one I liked. During the first tournament I played with it, I had a great result so I didnt have any doubts at all.
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #113
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

http://gardencedi.wordpress.com/2010...dies-love-him/

Questions for Marin Cilic: in which ladies love him.

Posted by: juniper on: January 9, 2010

* In: Marin Cilic
* Comment!

From ESPN Star

Marin Cilic: It is 1 am. And you want an interview at this hour?

Bhagya Ayyavoo: What better time for a fun interview?

Marin Cilic: Funny interview?

BA: Hajde Cilic! Why are your fans in Chennai cheering you that way?

MC: (Blushes) The ladies, the girls in Chennai love me. They like me because I have come here four times already. We have some kind of good relationship. They made a fan club (on Facebook) and they support me. So, I am being nice to them. That’s all.

BA: We asked some of these girls, as to why they like you so much. We also asked them to describe the reason in just one word. Can you guess what they said?

MC: What did they say?

BA: They called you, ‘CUTE’ (laughs).

MC: You think it’s funny? (Laughs and adds) I feel fine. I am nice to them. They’re nice to me.

BA: Do you have such a ladies’ fan base everywhere you go?

MC: I don’t know. May be, it depends (smiles).

BA: Last year, you downed two big fishes, Andy Murray at the US Open and Rafael Nadal in Beijing.

MC: Both were really important for me. The first one with Murray was a breakthrough for me. And later with that I had more confidence and played better after that. But looking at the shots and the game, it was better against Nadal. But with Murray it was more with the tactics. It wasn’t easy in the fourth round of the Grand Slam. Both wins were important. I won’t choose between those two.

BA: That’s ok. But, if you’re to choose a partner for mixed doubles, who would it be?

MC: I wouldn’t choose for mixed doubles. I don’t play like to play mixed doubles. I am fine. No, no mixed doubles for me!

BA: A lot of girls are going to be heartbroken to hear that.

MC: Sorry.

BA: We already know you favourite food and favourite colour from last year’s interview here..

MC: Interrupts and says, “I forgot. What’s my favourite colour?”

BA: Red is your favourite colour. That’s what you said last year. Have you changed your mind?

MC: Pointing out to his t-shirt says, “You see, it is still red”.

BA: And your favourite food is mommy’s food?

MC: Mom’s and Godmother’s food.

BA: Who’s your Godmother?

MC: She sometimes comes with me for some tournaments. Last year she was with me for Wimbledon and the US Open. And this year she’s going to be there for Australian Open. She’s going to give us company and cook us some home food.

BA: Wow that might make your appetite to upset top seeds bigger.

MC: Could be. I hope so.

BA: Which player you like playing the most?

MC: I have never lost against a few players. But it is tough for me to pick one. Top guys are always most interesting to play against.

BA: Who do you like playing the most, left-handers or right-handers and why?

MC: Right-handers because on the tour, most of the guys play right-handed and you’re so used to playing them. But, with left-handers it sometimes gets tricky because they play a different game.

BA: Who are your friends on tour?

MC: My brother. My brother Vinko is my biggest friend. Everybody else is on and off. Because everybody is alone, travelling with their groups. I stick along with a few Croatian players like (Ivan) Ljubicic. I also hang out with some younger players like Zverev.

BA: Are you superstitious, on court?

MC: No. I have my routine, just the things I do all the time. But, I wouldn’t call it superstitious that I ‘have’ to do it. It’s not like, if I don’t do it I am going to lose my mind or something.

BA: Tell us the craziest compliment you have received so far?

MC: I don’t remember. Yes, the compliment that I am ‘cute’(laughs).

BA: What was the harshest criticism? There must be something from the post-match press conferences.

MC: I can’t remember. I had some difficult losses last year. Those matches weren’t very easy. But, there were a couple where I didn’t play well. For example, Fognini (Fabio) Fognini in Monte Carlo and few other matches. There must have been something then, I don’t remember.

BA: What do you think of the media people who read up your stats and come up with intelligent questions during press conferences?

MC: It’s their job. I just answer.

BA: You were the first one to leave the players’ party last week. Is that the case at all parties that you attend on tour? How comfortable are you at parties, walking the ramp and stuff?

MC: Yes, maybe I was the first person to leave. That was Sunday and I was playing on Monday. Usually, I don’t do those things a day before my match. But, it was easy there at the hotel. It was quick, so I left early. I wasn’t comfortable so much. But that (fashion show) was fine.

BA: This is your fourth trip to India, have you visited other cities?

MC: No, never had a chance.

BA: Have you gone sightseeing in Chennai?

MC: No, not this year.

BA: Why not? Does it mean your focus is only on tennis and equalling Carlos Moya’s record back-to-back titles that happened way back in 2004-05.

MC: We will see. I am two matches away from it. Let’s see if I make it.

BA: If you make it, will you be interested to go sightseeing in Chennai?

MC: No, I will directly go to Melbourne.

Those girls are clever, he is cute!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #114
country flag TiggerAngel

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Teni...6/Default.aspx

Translation by google translate.

Husband visionary Vicka: predicted I Čilićevo semifinal!

Teniske uspjehe Marina Čilića na Australian Openu u Melbourneu vjerno prate i međugorski fratri. Tennis success Marin Cilic at the Australian Open in Melbourne faithfully follow and Medjugorje Franciscans.

Hercegovačko mjesto živi ovih dana za mladića koji niže sjajne rezultate, a uzbuđenje pojačava činjenica što hrvatskog Davis Cup reprezentativca svi znaju kao mirnu i dragu osobu. Hercegovacko place live these days for young men who lower great results, and excitement reinforces the fact that Croatian Davis Cup national team everyone knows the quiet, and favorite people.

No, u Međugorju je bilo i uspješnih prognozera koje Marinov ulazak u polufinale nije nimalo iznenadio. However, in Medjugorje was also successful forecaster of Marinov enter the semifinals is no surprise.

„ Marin je draga osoba koja ima veliki dar i Bogu hvala na tom daru. "Marin is a dear person who has a great gift, and God thank you for this gift. Puno ga pozdravljamo i uz njega smo. Much greets him and with him we are. Također pozdravljamo njegovog brata Vinka koji doista mnogo doprinosi Marinovim uspjesima“ kazala je najpoznatija međugorska vidjelica Vicka Ivanković –Mijatović u svoje ime i ime supruga Marija. We also welcome his brother Vincent, who indeed many contributions Marinov successes, "said most of Medjugorje visionary Vicka Ivankovic-Mijatovic in his name and his wife Mary.

Naime, Marin Čilić i njegov brat Vinko su se prije odlaska u Chennai u jednom ležernom druženju našli su Vickom i njenim suprugom Marijom. In fact, Marin Cilic and his brother Vincent had before going to Chennai in a casual get-together they found Vick and her wife, Mary. Marijo je tada Marinu kazao „ Sretno i čujemo se nakon polufinala Australian opena“. Mary then Marino said, "Good luck and we hear after the semifinals Australian Open."

Marijo je, ispostavilo se , predvidio njegov najbolji rezultat karijere. Mary was, it turned out, predicted his best result of his career. I zato mu je u utorak odmah nakon pobjede na Roddickom posla poruku i čestitao mu na velikom uspjehu. And because he was on Tuesday immediately after winning Roddick sent the message, and congratulated him on the big success.

Međugorski župnik fra Petar Vlašić veliki je navijač Marina Čilića. Medjugorje priest Fr Peter Vlasic big fan Marin Cilic. I svi međugorski fratri redovito prate Marinove mečeve putem satelita i svi su njegovi veliki navijači… And all the Medjugorje Franciscans regularly monitored Marinove matches via satellite and all his great fans ...

„ Marin je pun snage, volje,htijenja, samopouzdanja, pun entuzijazma. "Marin is full of strength, will, aspirations, confidence, full of enthusiasm. On sebe ne hvali. He himself does not boast. On igra. He plays. Stalno to govorim on ide dalje. Constantly to say he goes on. Nema premca . There is no precedent. Neka bude prvi i neka ga Bog i Gospa pomognu.“ kazao je međugorski župnik o tenisaču koji čim dođe u Međugorje redovito ide u crkvu i na molitvu. Shall be first and let God and Our Lady help. "Said the pastor of Medjugorje on the tennis player who once came to Medjugorje regularly goes to church and to prayer.

U Međugorju se na svakom koraku priča samo o Marinovom velikom uspjehu. In Medjugorje, on every step of the story only Marinov great success. Mnogi Međugorčani su ugradili satelit samo zbog Marina kako bi ga mogli gledati. Many Međugorčani are built satellite only because of Marina that it might look. Čude se HRT-u kako ne prenosi ove Čilićeve mečeve u kojima uživa cijeli svijet. Wonder HRT that does not transmit this Cilic matches in which enjoys the whole world.

Obitelj Marina Čilića otac Zdenko, majka Koviljka , stric Jure, rođak Jure, brat Mile gledala je satelitski prijenos meča Čilić – Roddick putem Eurosporta u obiteljskoj kući na Krstinama u Međugorju. Family Marin Cilic father Zdenko mother Koviljka, Uncle George, a cousin of George, brother Mile watched the satellite data match Cilic - Roddick by Eurosport in the family home in Krstina in Medjugorje.

Drugi Marinov brat Goran izravni prijenos je gledao u Mostaru. Another Marinov brother Goran broadcast was watched in Mostar. Treći, Vinko, s Marinom je u Australiji. Third, Vinko, with a marina in Australia. Mile, najmlađi Marinov brat koji igra tenis i među dvadeset je tenisača u Hrvatskoj dobne skupine do 16 godina kaže kako je bio siguran u bratovu pobjedu. Mile, the youngest Marinov brother who plays tennis and the twenty players in Croatia age groups up to 16 years said he was confident in his brother's victory.

„ Marin je bio bolji i zasluženo je pobijedio“. "Marin was better and deserved the win." U kući je ostao čekajući Marinov poziv. The house is still waiting Marinov call. No, najprije mu se javio brat Vinko koji ima nadimak „Vinan“ i kazao: „Sve je super. But first he informed the brother of Vincent, who has the nickname "Vinanima and said:" Everything is great. Raspoloženje je odlično. The mood is great. Marin se osjeća izvrsno. Marin feels excellent. Idemo dalje“ Let's go further "

Inače, Mile ide u I razred srednje turističke škole. Otherwise, the Mile goes in and form secondary tourism school. Stric Jure puno ne priča, ali nam je kazao kako je bio jako uvjeren kako će Marin napraviti najveći uspjeh u karijeri pobijediti Amerikanca Roddicka. Uncle George a lot does not talk, but we said he was very confident that Marin make the greatest success in his career to beat American Roddick.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #115
country flag TiggerAngel

There was another interview today with his mom about his win, but I cannot remember where. Has anyone else seen it?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #116
country flag TiggerAngel

I found it. http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...skin=text-only
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #117
country flag linus

Thank you so much dear TiggerAngel, some of them I havent read while I am busy now that couldnt find enough time to enjoy them completely but I promise I will read them when I finish this day's school jobs for sure. Thank you again, some words from Marin have melt my heart and make me into big laugh already
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #118
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Post-match interview

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...682309609.html

Q. Your first Grand Slam semifinal didn't turn out like you would want, but what were your thoughts on the game generally?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, in the end I'm, of course, a little bit sad because of the final result. But overall I played beginning of the match very good, and with that part I was really pleased.

I think I played some great points. I was standing on the court really good. I was playing some unbelievable points there. I think later when he got back into the game in the second set when he broke me, I think he got a little bit of the momentum going and wasn't easy after to get back into it.

I would say my first‑serve percentage was low, and I had to play a lot of rallies, which I didn't turn out playing as well as in the beginning where I was a little more fresher and a little closer to the ball. I was pushing him a little more and putting more pressure. Instead, he was doing that on me. It wasn't easy to get out of those kind of situations.

But I think he played well and he deserved to win.

Q. You played three five‑set matches. Did that make you a little tired?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, I wouldn't put my tiredness an excuse for losing this match. I think he deserved to win. Any player who comes to the semis has its own way. And today I wouldn't say that I was a hundred percent, but I gave my best, and that's most important that I can say.

Q. What makes him such a tough opponent?

MARIN CILIC: Because he's adapting on each kind of game pretty good. He can read the game easy. He can serve well. Very good overall player and not easy to play, especially on the hard courts.

Definitely he came up with some great shots, especially when he broke me in the second set for 3‑2. He passed me when I lobbed him. I mean, his physical ability's really on top of the game.

Q. How do you rate his chances in the final?

MARIN CILIC: Well, it's tough to say from this perspective. But I think he has a pretty good chance. He's playing well, hitting the ball good. And I think he has a solid chance to make it.

Q. When he played that shot to break you in the second set, was that quite demoralizing, the way the crowd seemed to get into the match more after that?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, it wasn't demoralizing. He made it. I was just a little bit angry on myself because I had an easier shot when I played the backhand short cross‑court there. I had an open court. Just today on some shots I was making other decisions than I was making in the other matches when I was a little bit fresher.

In some points, especially in the fourth set where I lost my serve twice with 40‑15 up, those just kind of situations are critical in these kind of matches where it comes to one or two points which are just making big decisions.

Q. Did you surprise yourself making it to the semifinals here? Have you regarded yourself as someone capable of making the last four at Grand Slams?

MARIN CILIC: I wasn't thinking that I'm going to get this far. But I knew I played well in the beginning of the year. I was going through the draw very tough. Also in my second round I had tough five‑setter. Since that point to look at now where I made the semis, it's amazing experience and amazing result.

Just I think it's one big step forward for myself.

Q. By making the semifinal, you're in the top 10 now. What does that mean for the rest of the season?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, my last year I was all the time around 14, 15 ranking. I was all the time circling around that numbers. This, of course, is in one perspective relief, but also in the other perspective gives me something more.

I know that I'm physically feeling good and I think this is a good base for my next Grand Slams in this year.

Q. This week everyone has been impressed by the way you played the big points. You never seem to look too worried out there. How have you learnt to be so composed at a young age?

MARIN CILIC: I'm like that naturally. I'm always pretty calm. But when you're on the court, you got to be able to think what you got to do, not to be angry about yourself. That's gonna always put you in a disadvantage.

I was doing that very good. That gave me, of course, some important points when I needed them.

Q. I know it's so soon straight after the match, but looking ahead at other majors now, looking back at the journeys you've had here, do you think you'll become a little bit more aggressive more often, hit the ball harder earlier in the points, if you can?

MARIN CILIC: Well, it was working good. I mean, it was working good for me here to play those five‑setters. I mean, it's a tough balance to find 'cause you got to ‑‑ I mean, you have your own game, and it's tough to change something, especially when you come to biggest tournaments there are. You always gonna stick to something that you are feeling good with.

It's not easy to change some things. But, of course, by playing more on this level that I played here, it's gonna help me to play against lower‑ranked players easier, and I'm gonna be able to get easier through the draw.

Q. Did you have somebody come up to you out of the stands and shake your hand?

MARIN CILIC: I think the fan got excited and he wanted to shake my hand, so... I gave him a present.

Q. What did you give him?

MARIN CILIC: Nothing. I shook his hand.

Q. He had a Croatian jumper on.

MARIN CILIC: Right, he was happy.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #119
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

thank you!
He is so cute indeed.

Quote:

Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #120
country flag linus

In the past two days, reading the posts by Tiggerangel here became my breakfast' coffee milk and happy pill into bed

Quote:
How would your friends or peers describe you?

I am not 100% sure but I believe they would say that I am quite calm, honest, always working hard and looking to improve in different things.
Well, Marin is an easy man to read I will add something like "kinda shy" "kinda lovely" and so on I do love his characters, at such young age, not easy to show this kind of nice and graceful attitude to everyone. Even back to his seventeen, he was as kind as right now I still remember the stories told to me by some nice girls here, tho they are not active here at this moment

Quote:
What does a typical day include for you? What is your schedule like from when you wake up in the morning and then go to sleep at night?

A typical day when I’m not playing in tournaments is that I like to have an early morning tennis session, after that a gym workout, break for lunch and some rest, then in the afternoon practice and then having the evening off. Depending on the location, I can add also little relaxation with friends in the evening.
Not surprised to hear that at all. To be a top tennis player is a tough job, and kinda boring(for life), far away from families and friends, changing locations every week, full of strangers around, even old faces who plays with you look strange, they are rather to be a plain sign Needing to manage yourself well. So I see the crazy fans turning firing, making their faces bright while eye back to the silent players' area, seeing how some of them change their faces to show rejections "No Way"... OMG, eyes often cheat us

Sometimes I read loneliness from the players' faces, I have to say, choosing to be a tennis player is much harder than entering a top school to be its top 10

Quote:
BA: Who are your friends on tour?

MC: My brother. My brother Vinko is my biggest friend. Everybody else is on and off. Because everybody is alone, travelling with their groups. I stick along with a few Croatian players like (Ivan) Ljubicic. I also hang out with some younger players like Zverev.
This is my first to know of Zverev when Marin just entered the ATP circle, I remembered, if my memory wasnt worse, he said his friends are(were) Del Potro, Gulbis and Korolev I think that was because they often played together.

As for the favorite color, well, red, good choice

But on the questions of mixed doubles and Chennai sightseeing, OMG Marin was too frank, even sounded tough he needs to find a graceful girl to train him to say some sweet words at the first touch while I still love him plus the first party departure, what a guy, having a strong mind btw... for the fashion show, I had a picture in bag, errr, trying to find and post it later.

Again, thank you so much Tiggerangel, wish more to come here